Manchester united football club

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by gan, Nov 25, 2003.

1. joethurr

joethurr Senior Member

Stormvolution 9.. agree with you... leave the heavy artillery for the 2nd half... and run riot on Chelshit....

2. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Definitely play 451.

Winning the midfield battle would be key to winning this match. So, Scholes will need as much help as possible around him. Fletcher and Anderson will provide the energy and the legs. Park to start on one wing.

I would like to see Berba start, if he is fit enough, and play Rooney just off him, so that he can drop deep to support the midfield and also link up with Berba. Ronnie to be the supersub and difference maker in the 2nd. Tevez also as he seems to have a knack for getting key late goals.

United need warriors on the pitch in this match. Time to give our season a kick start and show everyone that you never doubt the heart of a Champion.

3. joethurr

joethurr Senior Member

Game bout to start soon.... somehow i feel will end their bad streak today... *fingers crossed*..

4. Lopot

Lopot Senior Member

I would say it was a fair result to get a draw from the bridge. Good performance from Evans...but i'm really disappointed with Hagreaves performance in 2nd half. Clearly clueless and running like a headless chicken. SAF should take him out instead of scholes. At least scholes do challenge the blue's player unlike hagreaves whose like watching the game from the best seat in the house.

5. Stormvolution 9

Stormvolution 9 Senior Member

It all ended in a 1-1 draw... A bit disappointing with the result giving the way we performed in the 1st half... We shld hv go for the kill, we missed quiet a number of chances to score more - especially Rio 1 on 1 with Cech and Rooney side netting late on... Sigh!!!

I got to say, i really hope it will b a long injury for VSD... I hope its something like 5-6 wks for him on the side line... What de hell is going on his head huh?! Still on Honey moon holiday after the Double winning last season?! Man, he is very very shaky at goal and it never help us 1 bit especially given our situation now... Look at how Rio hv a go at VSD, he just didnt give us all the confident he used to hv... Sigh!!! :mad:

And i think it was his injury/sub that denial Tevez a 2nd half appearance, which might prove crucial for us as we needs some fresh legs to run their defence down...

The biggest surprises on the line up for me is Neville!!! I hv never thought SAF gonna pick him given that he hv had a full game on Thurs, and it proved to b a crucial decision where Neville experiences helps a lot on the right side with Hargo double up the protection when needed!!! Of cause Neville pace is 1 of his biggest weakness now, but his experiences did help a lot...

Then Evans played really well without being upstage by the big game atmosphere... He looked calm and solid... Besides, anyone knows why SAF leaving out Brown for 2 straight games?! 2 of the very important games... Mayb Brown needs some kick up the ass as well after his Fool showing...

In the 1st half, we played some really great football... We past the balls ard well, hold up the balls well and we did pressure Chelshit a lot from the start... And i think this surprises them a lot... Fletcher again hv impressed me with his showing, i really hope that he will build on this and become a big player for us...

I love what i hv seen on Berba, he hv got some very good touches on the balls... This guy is very skillful, hopefully he will settle down into our team play soonest possible after the tough fixtures finally gone... As for Rooney, i fell like wanna 'slap' him on the face for giving away the unnecessary free kick late in the game which cost us the goal... He really needs to calm himself down at the most important time of the game... We shld hv won the game if not the free kick...

Then do u guyz think taking off Scholesy by putting on Ronnie is a right choice?! I thought putting Anderson 1st will b a better choice... Bring off Berba for Ronnie as this will not 'un-balance' our team and not giving Chelshit encouragement to attack us...

But a point at the Bridge given the situation we face, shld b a good point... Hopefully with the tough games out of the fixtures now, we can build up many points thus coming back to fight for the title...

Sigh... We shld hv won the game... :bawling:

#7365 Stormvolution 9, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  6. Stormvolution 9

Oh yeah, Hargo clearly not 100% fit... As he was caught ball watching many times when he shld hv go in for it... With another game under his belt, hopefully he will get fitter and sharper for our next game... Yeah, in some sense he is disappointing!!! But he will come good once he get his cibai knee done!!! :biggrin:

7. Gti

Gti Senior Member

just have to say that Berbs's ball trapping's phenomenal, to say the least.
    He can trap a goal kick with his eyes closed, i suppose.

8. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

The positives we can take from this match is;1) that when we attacked we looked really good and Chelsea were under lots of pressure. 2) And our counter attacking play is starting to work again. 3) Berba showed deft touches and poise in any and every situation. He'll be brilliant once he settles. 4) Ronnie is back and looks near 100%. With him, we are much much deadlier. 5) Evans looks assured and bodes well for the future. 6) Gazza is back!

The negatives that we should iron out immediately is; 1) not sitting back after getting the lead. We lose momentum and hand the initiative back to the opponent. That's very bad. Also, once we sit so deep in our half, we start losing possession of the ball and midfield. And giving a team like Chelsea so much time with the ball is suicidal. We should always always continue to press home the advantage once we take the lead. Go for the kill. Put the opponent under pressure. Play keep ball to run down the clock and take the pace of the game. Control the tempo. 2) Hargreaves is a headless chicken and doesn't have composure on the ball. 3) We need to keep our heads cool better. Several of our players were in danger of getting sent off. 4) Rooney still out of sorts. 5) van der Sar looks shaky.

Some other match observations; 1) Scholes was subbed because Fergie was afraid he'll get sent off, especially when Riley is being so card happy with United players. 2) Park showed his worth again with intelligence and energy. 3) The Fletch is a big game player. 4) Rio is a big game player. 5) Ronnie running with the ball on the counter attack causes opposing defenders to shit bricks. 6) Rooney running with the ball on the counter means he'll give away the ball carelessly.

#7368 si|verfish, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  9. joethurr

joethurr Senior Member

6) Rooney running with the ball on the counter means he'll give away the ball carelessly. <--- hahaha....poor rooney... he has officially been overshadowed in MU... he needs to start a new "spectacular" goal scoring spree like he did last time...

10. Gti

Gti Senior Member

for about 70 minutes, i thought Wazza was pretty good
    he was actually our playmaker and it was a great pass to Evra that resulted in the goal.
    He just needs more composure.

I don't know whether i should praise or condemn him
    Everytime we defended a corner, he was right at the edge of the box.
    Maybe he was just too eager. But that's what makes him stand out.

11. Stormvolution 9

I think the problems lie within Rooney himself!!! Yeah, he has been out of sort for quite some times now... Infact too long for him to play tht 'bad'... He lack the self belief and self confident that he have had b4... I do not agreed that Ronnie hv overshadow him like what others said... We can hv many stars in our team, so why someone is very good will make the other look 'bad'?!

Rooney needs to stay calm and look at himself and ask questions... What he needs to do to re-gain his best?! Why it has been bad for him for such a long time?! He needs to control his temper!!! Rooney needs to react fast, especially that Tevez is slowly getting into good form now... Else, SAF will opt for Tevez and drop Rooney for few matches...

I agreed tht SAF hv got a big task on his hand as this is the 2nd games that we hd lost our lead after scoring 1st... Normally in the clashes of the big 4 teams, team that managed to score 1st hold the advantage... But twice in a role, we hv let the advantage slipped off our hand... Although clearly we hv improved a lot from our display at Anfield, the center midfield partnership needs urgent attention in order to stop us from losing the battle in the middle and thus put the whole team under pressure...

12. zephyr3d

zephyr3d Senior Member

looks like mancity is running riot. :(

13. Gti

Gti Senior Member

Storm, to a certain extent i agree with u on Rooney.
    That said, it's unfair to say that his performances were bad.
    i would say that his contribution to the team play's invaluable.
    Just that on personal front, it could be better

14. maskulinB8

maskulinB8 Senior Member

Berbatov not perform at all, suppose win not a draw..
    for me Rooney is man of the match, he perform well but pity him not score.

15. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Yeah, I understand that his selflessness all over the pitch is what endears him to the Old Trafford faithful, but seriously, for his sake and for United's sake, he needs to play intelligent football. It's this football maturity in which he really trails behind Ronnie.

Ronnie knows what he wants to do and what he needs to do on the football pitch. He knows how exactly to play that makes him most effective. Wazza simply doesn't.

Rooney needs to start to think about how he needs to use his phenomenal talents, so that he is at his most effective. We are not some mid table club with just one star player who relies on him to do everything. We are United. We've got plenty of other players filling all the different roles. We need Rooney to create and score goals and stay in the final third which is where he can do the most damage and make use of his talents in the best possible way.

Everybody has been talking about how he needs to be more selfish and more ruthless. And that's half right. The fact is Rooney needs to understand and fully accept his role and how he can be most effective. He needs to develop that singular desire and determination to destroy opponents that Ronaldo has. Ronnie doesn't go on the pitch thinking he needs to be a defender, a midfielder and a striker all in one. He knows what he needs to do. And that is to scare the shit out of defenders and cause as much damage as possible via creating or scoring goals. Wazza needs to develop the same mentality.

16. Stormvolution 9

So, is there any possible to convert Rooney into a midfielder?! Since he got lotsa energy and stamina to run the whole pitch, mayb SAF can make use of it... Pair Berba witn Tevez and Rooney play further behind the 2... Hehehe... :biggrin: Or Rooney needs to 'stay' up field more often than keep tracking backwards...

Just imagine what team ManUtd will b if SAF is able to find a solution to fill in the Fantastic 4 into the system of play... Am waiting for this day to happen!!! :nurse:

17. joethurr

joethurr Senior Member

so am i bro... eagerly awaiting the fantastic four to play together...

18. Stormvolution 9

Tonite we will b playing Boro at hom for the Carling Cup game... Hope to see some of our young players given more chances to shine as well as some of the 'fringe' players of the 1st team too... Possebon, Rafeal da Silva, Gibson, Wellbeck and hopefully Manucho as well (there are reports saying he isnt 100% fit or recover from his injury yet, but there are oso reports saying he will b making his debut for us!!!) to start the game... Time for SAF to evaluate them on the bigger stage than the reserve game...

Then mayb the likes of Ronnie ( he needs more games to regain his match fitness), Park, Nani, Anderson, Sheasy and Fletcher shld get the chance to involve too... At this present moment, we need all our players to b 100% fit in order to face the up coming games!!!

I really hope that we can win this game, as it will b giving our youngsters more chances to shine and show their ability to play in the 1st team... But Boro is a good team especially this season... They play much better now and is a tough tough team to beat too... Fingers cross, 2-1 to ManUtd at Old Toilet!!!

An artical to share, abt Berbatov... Source: Berbatov is not yet working for Fergie | Mail Online

19. cYBorG

cYBorG Senior Member

yeah.. great spell from our team.. beat boro 3-1.. :biggrin:

20. Stormvolution 9

LOLzzzzzzzzz... Very happy that we won the game 3-1 at hom, so that our youngsters will b granted another chance in the next round... Even happier that Ronnie is back on the scoring sheet!!! Hahaha... Once he tasted it again, he will wanna it more!!!

Looking at the team sheet, it was a nice outing for the experience and youth!!! SAF hv fully utilised this match really well by getting some of his big name players with the essential minutes under their belt and bedded in some young bloods as well...

Too bad that Possebon is hving an injury and hopefully he will b ok... From the report, it seems like a very bad injury... Cibai Boro...

Good the get the winning mentality back and hopefully we can build from it n go on for another 15 games winning steak!!! :biggrin: