1. Hi everyone, we'll be rebooting the server at 3pm today. It'll take about 10 minutes so please bear with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Manchester united football club

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by gan, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Stormvolution 9

Stormvolution 9 Senior Member

Pique put in a transfer request way b4 the season end last season... SAF was very angry abt him and Pique even came out and said SAF refuse to talk to him for wks after he put in a transfer request... So for Pique case, its nothing SAF can do to retain him...

Evra will b playing tmr!!! Saw the newz this morning... Carrick out for 5-6 wks... Sigh!!! :banghead:

Nope, hvnt buy anything online b4... So no comment!!! :biggrin:

2. joethurr

joethurr Senior Member

We have lost a lot of the young guns in recent years... No longer like the golden generation (scholes, butt, neville brothers, beckham) , right now we aint producing enough young talent.. all we had we have lost.. rossi, pique, eagles still around?? cant remmember all the names now.. If campbell also goes at end of the season.. then i think its a real worrying downtrend where fresh new talent is concerned....

3. zephyr3d

zephyr3d Senior Member

eagles left already....

4. zephyr3d

zephyr3d Senior Member

oh well..... firing blank again

5. cYBorG

cYBorG Senior Member

draw.. good effort.. sigh.. SAF should do something b4 macth against chelshit.. it will be tough game.. i think we still have a lot young talent on our reserve team..

6. joethurr

joethurr Senior Member

hmmm... draw in a home game, isn't the most ideal result, but i guess it is acceptable given the fact that we have had shittier starts before...

7. Stormvolution 9

joethurr,

Agreed that we hv let lotsa youngster or our own youth products off our hands, especially for the past few seasons... To me, of cause its a sad story as none of them r given enough time to prove themselves... But think deeply, its the general standard of the EPL teams been improving all the times... Back to the Scholesy, Neville & Butty generation, teams in the EPL hardly hv any good players in their squads especially those foreign players... So, SAF do hv times on his side to bed his youth products slowly into the team, 1 by 1...

But now, instant results is almost a must!!! 2-3 games on, if the players stil hvnt performed he will b deemed a failure or not good enough for our team and standard... Just look at Eagles, Chadwick, Hagginbottom (spell correctly?!), Wallwalk and etc... SAF used to hv great hopes on them, but just couldnt hv the time and patient he needed to bed them onto our team...

Its a sad sad case... Players like Fletcher and Sheasy, with all their experiences over the years, still being criticised as average players... Time have change, where the top quality talents onli needed now!!! Sigh!!!

Back to the ECL game, i agreed with SAF that there were lotsa positives in the game given that we hv had few players coming back from injury... Particularly glad abt Hargo, Ronnie and Park's progress... They will b very important to us once they gain their full match fitness... Our passing and movement hv been better than Sat game and Rooney was able to play in the center now!!! :biggrin: Very unlucky not to score at hom, especially for Evans and Ronnie headers... But definitely we r getting better now...

It surprises me that SAF opt to put Vida on the bench!!! :confused: Of cause Evans hv had a solid game alongside Rio, mayb SAF wanna give Evans some minutes under his belt b4 facing Chelshit?!

As for the coming game against Chelshit, we really need a better midfield play to counter them... Everyone knows that Chelshit strongest asset is their midfield and they r really solid on that this season with Deco coming in... Cautious needed!!! So, it will b interesting to see what SAF gonna do this time... 3 in the middle with Scholesy supported by Hargo and Anderson?! Definitely not playing Giggsy from the start!!! I like the way Giggsy play when he came on at the last 10-15 munites, he looked fresh and lively!!! But not play from start, as its asking too much from him giving his age now...

8. joethurr

joethurr Senior Member

only motivation I got left now is that we were firing lotsa blanks in the beginning of last season as well. Look what a great season it turned out to be in the end... *fingers crossed*

9. Stormvolution 9

Same thing happen at the beginning of last season as well!!! It get us few games to get the goals flowing!!! And that's 1 of the main reason why SAF sign Berba, a proper target man and out and out striker... Then now we hv got Manucho as well... I just hope they will b able to solve our problem up front... I think onli time will tell...

All we can do is b patient... Or pull our hairs?! :rofl:

10. Soundstream

Soundstream Senior Member

MU need to double up thier gears if want to maintain both trophies.
    lately game structure really suxs. Ain't do not know what happened.
    A miricle need to be happen else WE will lose to CHESIT. We are not competitive enuff ! damn @@@!!!

11. zephyr3d

zephyr3d Senior Member

problem is that we got our target man..... but midfielders pulak getting clutch slip.... no feed to the target.

12. Stormvolution 9

According to SAF that Berba will b fit to play against Chelshit and Ronnie will b on the bench for the 2nd half showing... Mmm...

Ideally it will b Berba upfront supported by the no nonsense Rooney who love to drop deep... Then play Hargo, Anderson, Nani and Fletcher in the middle...

If Scholesy is fit, SAF will play him for sure... Sigh!!! What u guyz think?! Shld Evans play alongside Rio?!

13. cYBorG

cYBorG Senior Member

hope evan can make his 1st debut this season.. :biggrin:

14. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Hello lads

It has been awhile, hasn't it?

Is it just me or has our beloved team been out of sorts during my brief hiatus? ;)

It's alright fellas. We started off worse last season and look how that one went. Like the gaffer said, we just need to get into rhythm.

Some injuries, some suspensions, some international breaks have caused hiccups to the start of our season...But,

Now that I'm back, I'm fully expecting a masterclass from United against CSKA London. :biggrin:

#7354 si|verfish, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  15. Gti

Gti Senior Member

why not? :smokin:

btw, welcome back silver.
    u too went to hibernate in ur cocoon after our triumph in moscow? :smokin::stupid:

16. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Fans need a break also mah. A lot of mental, physical and emotional exertion supporting United last season, Although it was well worth it.

Then after that I just had no patience for the Ronnie and then Berba transfer circus.

17. Stormvolution 9

Silver,

LoLzzzzzzzzzzz... Finally u r back!!! Well time as well, as Ronnie is back too and he will bring back the smiles onto every ManUtd fans!!! So... U planned it all huh?! :biggrin:

1 thing good abt Sunday Mega clash is that all bets will b on Chelshit to win the game, given the current forms and playing at their hom!!! As usual, things will not go so smoothly as everyone thought else Bookies will eat shits!!! :rofl:

Hope Berba score his debut goal & break kao their unbeaten hom record!!! :thefinger:

18. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Haha, yes...it is all part of my master plan for United to win its 18th League title and 4th European Cup. :smokin:

Yup, seems like the odds are a little bit against United for the Chelsea match. So that's good news for us. Because of that, signs are good that we'll beat Chelsea and Berba will score.

19. cYBorG

cYBorG Senior Member

hope we can get good result n comeback on track.. :biggrin:

20. Stormvolution 9

Exciting time!!! Tough decision for SAF on Sunday for the team selection... I would say play our usual 4-5-1 formation 1st... Build a solid platform in the 1st half b4 bringing on Berba and Ronnie in the 2nd half to run riot over Chelshit defence...

Start with Rooney and Tevez up front and Scholesy supported by Hargo in the middle and flank by Nani and Fletcher... Play Evans in the center with Rio as we need Brown to do the running on the right as i think Neville wouldnt b able to do so as he hv had a game on Wednesday...

Bring on Berba, Ronnie and Anderson in the 2nd half to fight for a win!!! I just hope SAF plan will work out nicely!!! As many ppl said we cant really afford to let Chelshit to open up a 9 points lead, as we wanna them to lose 3 games throughout the season is pretty tough given the squad they r having now... So, we needs the 3 points badly!!!

I think we will see a very fired-up ManUtd performance tmr, as everyone in the team understand the importance of this game...

Terry Venerbles hv his own opinion when he asked Berba to b dropped! I understand where he comes from, but I think SAF will hv enough trust in Berba as he is the onli 1 in the summer that SAF wanna hv in our team... So Am sure that SAF will definitely play Berba tmr...

0-1 win to the Champions!!! Berbatov to score!!! Created by Ronnie!!! :driver::biggrin: