Manchester united football club

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by gan, Nov 25, 2003.

1. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

The media are generally retarded or bitter or biased or all of those things.

Carrick had a great first half. Him and Scholes bossed the midfield against Makelele, Lampard and Ballack in the first half. Then in the second half, he was a big part of the defensive effort to keep Chelsea out. I distinctly remember one fantastic clearance he had, whilst facing his own goal. So the summary was a good offensive first half and a good defensive second half. He deserves at least a 7. Took his penalty well too.

2. Gti

Gti Senior Member

I won't say anything on Carrick cos i am biased.
    But i was disappointed he failed to convert the open goal pot shot.

Shifting the goal post a bit, it's fcking beyond me why on earth Carrick can't even make the England squad for the friendly. Fcking unbelievable.

3. Stormvolution 9

Stormvolution 9 Senior Member

Yeah, was disappointing that Carrick 'missed' that chance to put us infront... He shld have place his shot to the side rather that straight to Cech!!! This is the area where Carrick need to improve more next season to become a more complete midfield dynamo just like Scholesy!!!

As for his exclusion of the England squad, yeah, its a big surprise to everyone who watch him week in week out... The only excuse i give myself is mayb there r few similar midfielders already in the squad... Sigh!!! But who care man, as long as Carrick win more club trophies with ManUtd, fu*k the England team!!! :biggrin: Just like Giggsy & Wales!!!

Besides, gotto say Bravo to Vidic for getting so damn fire up in the extra time when he ran all the way up field to fu*k kao Dog-bar!!! Hahaha... And that idiot can take it then rise his hand n slap Vidic!!! There goes the Red Card for him - Bye Bye Dog-bar... What a 'good' way to end his Chelshit career!!!! Hehehe... Great stuff to watch!!! Nice 1, Vida!!! Bravo!!! :adore:

4. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Drogba was lucky there were several players holding Vidic back. Vidic would have ripped Drogba a new one. Probably would have been worth the red card to see Nemanja beat the snot out of that cunt.

5. keithkeat

keithkeat Senior Member

haha....yaya, i would say is shame for dogba for a 'touch'.............lol

and don;t forget roman slap the table/leg? forget which one.......he look so so unhappy at the vip lounge.........

6. zephyr3d

zephyr3d Senior Member

actually i kinda missed the moment rite b4 the vidic slap...... what triggered that incident ar?

7. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Great article. It is all because of him. All the glory that United and fans across the globe have enjoyed, is because of him. He has built great champion team after great champion team.

He is surely the most successful football manager who have ever lived and now arguably the greatest ever.

:adore: :adore: :adore:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../sfnwin123.xml

8. cYBorG

cYBorG Senior Member

what do u think guys about d transfer speculation between ronaldo & real madrid?? isit true that ronaldo will be leaving us this summer?? :hmmmm:

#6908 cYBorG, May 23, 2008
    Last edited: May 23, 2008
  9. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Haih...this is getting really tiresome.

The media will never let this subject die, they will keep bringing this up forever and ever as long as Ronaldo plays for us. Why? Because this news sells. They will sensationalise it and it will sell...people will gobble it up. People like most football fans. If we learn to ignore it, then they will stop. Because if nobody wants to read about it, then there no point for them to do it.

The thing about Ronnie is this. There are a couple of very important things you need to consider first and foremost.

One, his English has improved but it still isn't very good. Sometimes what he wants to say and what he actually says may be slightly different.

Two, the vulture like media thrives on quoting out of context and put a different spin on it.

Three, every observation of Ronnie that I make, of the things he is trying to say, his body language, his reactions, emotions, when he mentions the club and his teammates or the coaches etc etc...It doesn't strike me as someone who wants to leave. It displays a person who is very very happy about things as it is. He's winning things, is very successful and will continue to do so at United. Why would he leave at this time unless something drastic happens?

My take on it is this. What Ronnie is trying to say is that he is very happy at United, he loves the fans, his teammates, the coaches, and the whole organisation. He enjoys playing and training and improving and winning at the club. He wants to stay for the forseeable future. BUT, no one can forsee the future so he doesn't want to make stupid predictions or commitments that will come back and bite him in the arse. And he would one day like to ply his trade for Real Madrid in Spain. That we all know has been one of his ambitions all along.

That's no big deal. The thing is we know and he has professed his loyalties many many many times already. Ronaldo is a very intelligent and mature young man. He's commited, professional and know where his loyalties lie. Just that the stinking media keep trapping him with these kind of questions to get him to say things they want him to say so they can write sensational headlines.

Heinze (judas, cunt) probably nailed it on the spot when he said that you can pretty much say that as long as Fergie is at United, Ronnie will be there. Ronnie is indebted to Fergie and also Quieroz. They're majorly responsible for him being the person and player that he is today. And he knows this. They are his father figures.

Just like Fergie said, if you want to bet, I'll put a big bet on it.

So please, its bad enough that we have to hear this shit from the media just about every other day. Lets us as proper United supporters, ignore these stupid reports and rumours.

10. Stormvolution 9

Silver, i 2nd ur thought!!! Ronnie gonna stay with us and he will sign another new deal next wk... Errr... Properly for more $$$?! Hahaha...

In the transfer front, Chelshit seems to wanna to clear off their house by listing as many as 12 of their players on the sell off sheet... So, its gonna b a major change at their club!!! And am sure they will get a new manager as well... I think its gonna take them few yrs to b back at the top, if things go as it is right now...

Then Anelka came out n said he refuse to take 1 of the 1st 5 penalty on Wed nite... The reason was that he is damn kao TULAN abt his late introduction to the game, so he dun wanna to take a penalty... LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... What a cibai sohai club with such a player besides Dog-bar & Micheal 'The LOST it all TWICE' Ballack!!! (Ballack lost 4 trophies during his day with B. Leverkusen in the last 2 wk of the season - The League, German Cup and ECL and oso the World Cup Final to Brazil in 2002!!!) LoLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Ballack, for all your arrogant attitude, u deserve to Lose it all again this season... LOLzzzzzzzzzzz... Good luck to German in Euro 2008!!!

Then, AFC is hving problems to keep their players for next season as well... I think Helb is abt to go and Toure hv said he is unhappy too... Then, Barca is trying to unsettle Adebayor... And just like our Ronnie, Barca keep saying they wanna to get Fabregas back to Spain!!! Mmm... Not looking good n well if all the major players r gonna leave them... If AW do not get few important back up to the team, i think they will hv problems next season too... Their squad is a bit light in numbers!!!

As for Pool, is their boardroom unrest finally settle down?! Will Rafa b able to continue at the club?! It will b interesting to see what will happen if Rafa is SACK!!! :biggrin:

11. LazyMF

LazyMF Senior Member

12. cYBorG

cYBorG Senior Member

#6912 cYBorG, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
  13. Stormvolution 9

Wow!!! The transfer speculation never fail to surprise us!!! Hahaha... Henry was on a sensational switch to ManUtd 2 wks ago, only for Pep Guardiaola to stop him!!!! LoLzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Then, RA of Chelshit is planning a 50mils move for Loserfool Torres in the summer!!! Great stuffs!!! Hahaha... Really spice the wk ahead up!!! Coooolll...

14. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

Fantastic interview by Sir Alex. Legend. Absolute class.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article3998992.ece

15. Stormvolution 9

Cool stuff!!!

SAF must invest into the team in order for us to keep progressing as a team both in the EPL & in Europe!!! I remember SAF didnt really buy any big star after the 1999 Treble!!! If we are to continue to dominate Europe like RM and AC Milan did in the past, we shld go for world class players...

Do you guyz think SAF will make his move this time right b4 the Euro 2008 start?! Which is just 2 weeks away...

16. LazyMF

LazyMF Senior Member

Beckham scored a goal from his own half for LA Galaxy :adore:

17. si|verfish

si|verfish Senior Member

18. zephyr3d

zephyr3d Senior Member

opps.. he has done it again.

19. Stormvolution 9

Great... Congratulation to him...

Anyone got the clip where that Cibai Terry split on Tevez?! Hope he got punish!!!

20. zephyr3d

zephyr3d Senior Member

i didn't know bout it but i sure wants them to punish him! uoohh yeaaa... rub salt on the wound. heh heh heh