MAM RallySprint Championship 2009 - Rd. 1

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
MAM RallySprint Championship 2009 - Rd. 1

When: FEB 14th (registration/recce/scrutineering/valentine). 15th Rally Day

Where: SIC

Surface: Gravel/tarmac mix (all stages).

No of SS's: 12. (3routes x 4 runs each).

Format: start-->ss1-->ss2-->ss3-->service-->ss4-->ss5-->ss6-->service-->ss7-->ss8-->ss9-->service-->ss10-->ss11-->ss12

Navigators needed? it would help to have one, yes

Categories/classes:

cars: <1000cc, 1001-1300cc, 1301-1600cc, 1601-2000cc, 2001cc and above

Super 1600 & Super 2000 cars: 'chubby + winged' n/a 2wd cars (must look the business. google pics to see what i mean). driver's age doesnt matter. organiser will decide if your car qualifies.

4x4 open: <1600cc, 1601 and above

Buggies: complicated so i havent decided yet. help me decide a.s.a.p!

sub categories: Novice (must have a novice navigator also!)- 1st in each class for cars only. yes even those driving scoobys and evo's. the organiser will decide who's a rookie and who's not coz err.. ok by organiser i mean me and i know all your capabilities. Lets be fair and allow only real novices to compete in this category ok?

Junior drivers (cars only): aged 25 and below before Dec 31st 2009. 1st only in each class. rookie or experienced, doesnt matter. Nandakumar, you're not a junior ok?

Ladies team open (1st in each class only). navigator shld be a lady as well. men dressed as women not allowed (just keeping in line with the 'awtaf' council, -motor rally division-'s directive).

Perodua one make open: <1000cc, 1001-1300cc.

Championship points for all of the above: 1st=10, 2nd=8, 3rd=6. For overall winners each round: 1st=10, 2nd=9, 3rd=8, 4th=7, 5th=6. overall points scoring system meant to create close competition. (eg: b**ls out driving to win!)

total number of rounds: 3. the plan: rd 1 - one day easy gravel. rd 2 - one day fast full tarmac. rd3 - 1 1/2 day gravel with night stages.

Championship Eligibility: must start ALL 3 rounds. finishing is optional.

SuperRally format: maximum time for each stage you miss. (spillover from rally X)

Entry fee: Rm 100 per entry. el cheapo

Licence: MAM or AAM full year rally licences for both driver and navigator. (support MAM lah, they're supporting you)

Cars must be eqquiped with (minimum): 4 point rollcage with side impact protection bars. welded or bolt in accepted. 4 point harness for driver and navi (clubmen spec accepted). 2kg fire extinguishers. first aid box (and i dont mean empty ones)

need not be road registered cars (i'll arrange for a 'closed' transport stage route)

Tyres are free. no i'm not giving away any, i mean road, rally, snow, forklift tyres etc. allowed. just no snow chains or tank tracks please.

ok now here comes the shocker:

Because there's like almost a 2hr time gap before a stage is repeated, and because i want as many people as possible to experience special stage rallying, car sharing is allowed. yes, car does stage with one driver first then again with 2nd driver before moving to next stage. too complicated to explain the system in here. call me if you u want in on this. 2 separate entries a car maximum. it may be a good idea or a bad one depending on your glass of half-filled water. Dont worry abt target times, i have something sorted.

each entry is entitled to 2 trophies. if anybody wants to sponsor stuff to giveaway call me.

entries will open on 15th Jan and close on Feb 12th. please dont torture me with last minute entries or changes again. Have pity on me i'm too old for sleepless nights and other delays. or at least pity Maggie!

For rallysprint a decent understanding of 'pacenotes' will be needed. please dont run out and hire navigators who charge a bomb because they say they are worth it. you can pick someone new and train him/her/it. go talk to experienced navigators out there who are willing to teach. if they aren't willing to help come back to me and i'll arrange for a classroom session one sunday before the event. I'm a win-proven navigator too. i bet most of you never knew this.

Lots of banner space in the stages. your sponsor, like you, is important to me so feel free to decorate the stages. terms and conditions apply of course.. not i dont mean you have to pay.. so just call and talk to me if you know how to value your sponsor/s. i have other suggestions too.

Stage marshalls needed! cant make you rich but will pay you a decent allowance and give an event sponsor's baju . Somewhere in this forum someone mentioned that the 0-hero contestants are also be judged by their commitment to the sport. Really? ok i'll be waiting to hear from them then. apply within.

please log on to http://wheelspin-malaysia.forummotion.com/rally-f13/mam-rallysprint-championship-2009-rd-1-t218.htm for more info or you can directly call 012-212 3260 Jagjeet for more info...

|| jim ||

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
SR Motorsport currently has two Subaru Imprezas (GC8 v2) available for rent for round one, on an arrive-and-drive basis. i.e. just turn up with your helmet and co-driver and everything else will be supplied.

If you do not have any rally experience, training is available, for both driver and co-driver

For prices, terms and conditions, plz contact either myself (James) on 017 690 2295 or Paul Russell 012 308 9734.

Tkx...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to change my savvy engine. any sifu here pls advise which engine suitable for savvy
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience