Malaysian Skyline Club?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Roles and Responsibilities

I'd like to see what people think the various posts in the Committee would require in terms of roles and responsibilities as well as time and commitment. I have compiled a list but naturally, would like to see what others think and try bridge any gaps in thinking that may or may not exist. For example, here is what the Committee Member (Events & Promo) would most likely be doing:

Committee Member (Events & Promo)
1) Plan events calender for the Club (Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly)
2) Expand Club activities beyond Skylines (sports, charities)
3) Track progress of activities execution and success compared to plans
4) Prepare and present periodic reports for Committee and AGM
5) Promote Club activities among members via email, forums, Facebook, calls and SMS
6) Seek out counterparts in other Clubs of other makes for joint activities
7) Obtain approval from relevant authorities required for Club events
8) Managing logistics for all events with the help of volunteers (if available)

Expectations

Additionally, everyone should make clear what their expectations are from the Club should it become a reality in exchange for their membership dues. For example, as a member I expect (note these are just examples):

1) Membership welcome pack (T-Shirt, lanyard and sticker)
2) Monthly events
3) Quarterly trips/weekend getaways
4) Discounts at various performance workshops
5) ETC

Let's see what the majority expect of the Club and what the Club can realistically deliver. Please take this seriously or else the Steering Commitee will not be able to serve you all better.

flabby

Known Member
May 8, 2009
sepang go kart day and discount with jdmautolink! member pack with membership card (yearly renewal or so) + the tee/lanyard/sticker? TAS trip like GTROC would be awesome...

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Good job [PIMPIN]!

As stated earlier there are several things that need to be sorted out for us to move forward with this initiative. This will be discussed in this thread before our preliminary meeting on Friday. Please be advised that the decision will be made this Friday, therefore those interested to be part of the pro-tem committee please inform us through this forum and attend the Friday meeting (if possible).

Meeting will take place in Putra Heights, Friday 19 August 2011 at 9.30pm till late. If ur not sure the location of the meeting, please PM BloodRed.

The topics below must be discussed and decided this Friday.

Club Official Name
I personally have fondness to the name 'Malaysian Skyline Club' although I see [PIMPIN]'s point that there will be hassles in terms of management by which I think we are not ready for it yet. We can explore that motion once we have capable and enough manpower running the show.

BNR's proposed 'Nissan Skyline Club' or NSC sounds good to me. Others may not agree but we must decide on what to call the club.

I for one is in favour of NSC.

Pro-Tem Committee
I've offered my self as the pro-tem president with the blessings of several senior members of our club, though if there are anybody who are capable and would be interested to put forward his/herself to this task of pro-tem president I would welcome it. Meanwhile, the pro-tem office bearers ans posts would be as per below:

1) President: Nazli Haffiz (Temujin)
2) Vice President: Feezdya
3) Secretary:
4) Treasurer:
5) Committee Member (Events & Promo):
6) Committee Member (Media & Website):
7) Committee Member (Membership, Merchandise):

The posts above are not carved in stone and therefore can still be altered. Those interested to be part of the pro-tem committee, please state ur interest and I hope can attend the meeting this Friday. Obviously the club would need ur commitment to make it happen.

Club Address
This would need to be identified. I would appreciate those with office/mailbox address which would be used for this to come forward with his/her suggestion for discussion by the pro-tem committee.

First Official Pro-Tem Committee Meeting
We should also decide on when and where the committee would meet next to finalize the club constitution and by-laws as well as the paperwork needed for submission to ROS. I would suggest a place with internet and printing facilities as we would be preparing the paperwork on-site (preferably).

Other Issues
Other issues that may also be discussed during the Friday meeting may include membership fees, membership benefits, club activities, etc. This issues would be decided on the first official pro-tem committee meeting.

For the benefit of online discussion before the first official pro-tem committee meeting, those interested please put forward ur thoughts on issues as what [PIMPIN] has mentioned earlier.

Membership Expectations

Additionally, everyone should make clear what their expectations are from the Club should it become a reality in exchange for their membership dues. For example, as a member I expect (note these are just examples):

1) Membership welcome pack (T-Shirt, lanyard and sticker)
2) Monthly events
3) Quarterly trips/weekend getaways
4) Discounts at various performance workshops
5) ETC

Roles and Responsibilities

I'd like to see what people think the various posts in the Committee would require in terms of roles and responsibilities as well as time and commitment. I have compiled a list but naturally, would like to see what others think and try bridge any gaps in thinking that may or may not exist. For example, here is what the Committee Member (Events & Promo) would most likely be doing:

Committee Member (Events & Promo)
1) Plan events calender for the Club (Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly)
2) Expand Club activities beyond Skylines (sports, charities)
5) Promote Club activities together with the Media & Website Committee among members via email, forums, Facebook, calls and SMS
6) Seek out counterparts in other Clubs of other makes for joint activities
7) Obtain approval from relevant authorities required for Club events
8) Managing logistics for all events with the help of volunteers (if available)
9) Assist other committee members in their tasks for the Club

Committee Member (Media & Website)
1) Plan media coverage for the Club (Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly) in print and online for the Club's activities
2) Create rapport with various print and online media for the benefit of the Club
5) Promote Club together with the Media & Website Committee activities among members via email, forums, Facebook, calls and SMS
6) Identify the Club's own website, forum, Facebook page, etc for online visibility (perhaps online membership registration and payment as well as online shop if possible)
7) Assist other committee members in their tasks for the Club

Committee Member (Membership & Merchandise)
1) Plan and manage development and marketing of the Club's merchandise
2) Plan expansion of the Club through membership drives and events
5) Promote Club merchandise among members via email, forums, Facebook, calls and SMS
6) Create rapport with various vendors in merchandising for the benefit of the Club
7) Assist other committee members in their tasks for the Club

Eagle

Known Member
Jun 29, 2009
Good job Pimpin and Temujin in clearly outlining the scope of the club. This is a very good start.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Good job Pimpin and Temujin in clearly outlining the scope of the club. This is a very good start.
Thanks for the kind words. Very encouraging coming from such a high calibre CEO :adore:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
There is something that I've been meaning to cover. I've actually had some of the guys 'nominate' me as President/Chairman of the MSC Steering Committee and so far I've declined. I'm not sure whether their nominations were in jest or if they were serious. Regardless, I feel the need to explain why I've preferred to not be an office bearer. I think the key reason is that most of what I have to contribute (mainly paperwork) has already been done and just needs fine-tuning which can be done by just about anyone.

Secondly, I'm probably one of the younger members on these forums although my involvement with Skylines has spanned quite a number of years. I feel that with maturity (I won't offend anyone by calling them old!) comes the experience needed to properly lead a Club like what we are trying to achieve.

Thirdly, most of what I can do for the Club in the future can be done without the need for a post/position in the Committee and I've told Temujin (Nazli) that he can rely on me as can future President/Chairman of the MSCs.

Lastly, as an organization registered with the ROS, the MSC would be required to elect office-bearers every so often (we can set the periods between the elections for office in our Constitution) and that is where the real politics will emerge and often destroy Clubs like ours. A position in a car club is nothing compared to losing friends IMHO.

Let me leave you guys with this: Being a leader requires giving. That means giving up your time, giving your full effort, giving your heart and soul towards achieving something often not for personal gain but for the greater good. However, what people do not realize is that leadership also involves giving way to those more qualified or more capable than we actually are and that requires a fair amount of self-reflection. With that, I feel I've addressed the issue satisfactorily and thanks for the messages of support but I can contribute just as effectively from where I am. In fact, I've contributed the most so far in terms of Club formation paperwork etc and didn't need any posts for that. No reason this cannot continue.

Peace out! And Temujin, said it once and said it again you have my full support brother as I'm sure many other bros here will agree too! :driver:

Last edited:

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My nomination was done in all seriousness.

However as it stands, happy with how things are progressing with Nazli at the helm.

Can't wait to enjoy the benefits of being a member - dah lama jealous of those Caldina clubs, V-sixers, Waja clubs, Myvi clubs, etc etc LOL...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
My nomination was done in all seriousness.

However as it stands, happy with how things are progressing with Nazli at the helm.

Can't wait to enjoy the benefits of being a member - dah lama jealous of those Caldina clubs, V-sixers, Waja clubs, Myvi clubs, etc etc LOL...
I have given my support to Nazli as mentioned earlier and I'll support his commitment in leading the Club unless told otherwise.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

as topic says, where can i get lubegard lubricant for cars? which shop is selling it around klang valley??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience