Malaysian Skyline Club?

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
reintel,

joint the KSOC la with all other super car...
Im not since my ride not "layak" one...

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
hmm bangkai, you sponser atleast 30% can? balance kita cari hehe

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
For it to carry the Malaysia word, you need to have proper working committee and members in at least 7 states - that was the rules then, it might/might not apply today.
If you guys need help in Penang, let me know.
We have a few R34 in the our club too.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

1) dr.d
2) gobiz
3) eagle
4) blood red
5) [PIMPIN]
6) Temujin
7) Tomiya Takato/Kyle
8) geber
9) V-Spec
10) frootloops
11) BNR
12) POKKU
13) Rokok_sebatang
14) lemon_demon @ andy
15) anep
16) feezdya (00\______/00)
17) fokyerdoder
18) paddy!! (padi83)
19) alvinT
20) koe (koe yoch)
21) azrish
22) bnr_32
23) Loki
24) khairil
25) bangkai_jk (JK)
26) evilmaycry2004
27) madrox
28) Harv - Shah Alam
29) sr384
30) Zamad97
31) NOSkill

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
reintel,

joint the KSOC la with all other super car...
Im not since my ride not "layak" one...
Better not lah. Im a 'lone ranger' guy. Looking my 'prey' by myself. How abt u and me form a club?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
To start off a club (whether registered or not) is the easy part. To maintain it is not. Firstly the club needs committed committee members who are willing to provide their FULLEST time to run it. And these folks will have to be willing to do it for the passion and not for other vested interest. When a bad hat appears, it will wreak havoc. When committee failed to turn up for weekly meetings, you have problems. I am sure you would have heard of many car club stories.

To get it registered, you'll need to have a pro-tem committee. Positions like President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc... will have to be filled. Those are the major ones, of course you'll also need Merchandisor, Event chaps, etc...

These names will be submitted to ROS as the working committee until the next AGM where it will be open for re-election. There will be the need to have proper documentations on financials, meeting minutes, etc....

I can see that most active members who wishes to form the club are in the Klang Valley thus you can only have the club named Kelab Skyline Selangor and not Kelab Skyline Malaysia. For it to carry the Malaysia word, you need to have proper working committee and members in at least 7 states - that was the rules then, it might/might not apply today.

As a registered society, there is a clause that members have to pay fees/yuran. I tried to remove that from the regulation but it was rejected by ROS. So you must charge a fee. Well it can be just RM1 for all that matters.

Actually what is the main reason for the Malaysian Skyline Club to be registered with ROS? Having a registered club may sound good and all but with it comes great amount of paperwork for the committee and especially the secretary. And when you start collecting money that is where you might have possible issues. Eg. a chap in Muar complains on why does he pays the fees when all the activities are in the Klang Valley and he does not benefit from the events or there are no partners that offer him special discount in Muar. You know, stuffs like that.

Just to be clear, I am not trying to sound negative or anything, in fact I am all for the an active Malaysian Skyline Club. Perhaps would it be better if the club pro-tem committee can be formed first and have them run the club for a proper period of time before this major step is taken?
Great to see that we have someone onboard that has had prior experience with this and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that your participation would help tremendously towards making this a reality. Since you've brought up your past experience with the V-Sixers, do you mind sharing a bit more (provided you're able to discuss it) as there are quite issues which I feel you can help clarify.

1) Based on your experience, was it necessary for the V-Sixers to have existed in any other form or was it absolutely necessary for it to be registered with the ROS?

2) What are the actual benefits of being a society registered with the ROS? (aside from being able to attract sponsorship from vendors, formal dealings, etc)

3) Is it possible for the MSC to exist as a non-formal entity and if so what are the drawbacks to this?

4) Since that most of the guys interested are from Klang Valley, is it possible for MSC to be registered under 'Pertubuhan Yang Tidak Mempunyai Cawangan' in the initial stage?

There are various other issues that I feel no one is addressing and I hope the rest of the guys who have registered their interest would at least give some serious thought and discussion to the issues I have listed in my initial post and I hope everyone takes note of what V-Spec has posted as well; I'm sure I'm not the only one keen to find out more.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way but simply listing down your name as being interested isn't going to get us anywhere. If we're serious about this then please let's discuss. For one, I've been wondering about other Skyline groups that currently exist on how it affects our ability to co-exist and whether that affects our ROS application seeing as to how we're not the only ones around.

This is also a good time for those interested in being part of the pro-tem committee to put their names forward. Bear in mind what V-Spec has mentioned with regards to the responsibilities so please make sure you are willing to dedicate your time and effort to serve as an office bearer at least until the next AGM whenever that may be.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
it great to know that alot of skyliners are supporting the intention. as Pimpin has point out we, have to make it an effort to make it happen.. well, putting our name was the first step. next is gonna be the AGM. that will be anounce soon.. we do need everybodies opinion on wheither tp make it Malaysia skyline club or Malaysia Skyline Club Central Division.. is we need opinion from skyliners from all over Msia..or can make it a vote

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it great to know that alot of skyliners are supporting the intention. as Pimpin has point out we, have to make it an effort to make it happen.. well, putting our name was the first step. next is gonna be the AGM. that will be anounce soon.. we do need everybodies opinion on wheither tp make it Malaysia skyline club or Malaysia Skyline Club Central Division.. is we need opinion from skyliners from all over Msia..or can make it a vote
Or let's take it one step at a time. I've actually spoken to some guys who make lanyards, t-shirts, stickers, caps etc just to see what it would cost to have some merchandise made up. However since I was unsure of how many people would be interested, it was hard for me to get quotations and I asked for small numbers which are either too expensive or do not meet the MOQ required.

How about we try come up with a either a lanyards, t-shirt, sticker, cap or keychain purely as an informal club or in other words a group of like-minded individuals. There is absolutely nothing wrong for the merchandise to state "Malaysian Skyline Club" provided such a club does not already exist. If there is such a club already registered with the ROS then we'll call ourselves something else. My point is that if we can't organize something like this then its a sign of how likely we are to succeed going forward.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
u got a point there pimpin, that is a step but we do need to come up with a commitee to run the show.. thats where we will select at the next AGM.... then we start from scratch to build up the MSC.

Sudut

Known Member
May 25, 2006
1) dr.d
2) gobiz
3) eagle
4) blood red
5) [PIMPIN]
6) Temujin
7) Tomiya Takato/Kyle
8) geber
9) V-Spec
10) frootloops
11) BNR
12) POKKU
13) Rokok_sebatang
14) lemon_demon @ andy
15) anep
16) feezdya (00\______/00)
17) fokyerdoder
18) paddy!! (padi83)
19) alvinT
20) koe (koe yoch)
21) azrish
22) bnr_32
23) Loki
24) khairil
25) bangkai_jk (JK)
26) evilmaycry2004
27) madrox
28) Harv - Shah Alam
29) sr384
30) Zamad97
31) NOSkill
32) Sudut

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Hi [PIMPIN]. I'll try to answer your question.

1) From the very beginning we do not want to register the club. My intention of setting it up was to gather everyone which are like minded, passionate about the car, to share knowledge & experience, organise events, etc.... in short to gather a community.

The main point is to ensure everyone have FUN in doing all of the above. But after a few years we had to register it with ROS due to pressure from a few of our sponsors, especially our main sponsor, Proton. It's much easier for them to channel funds out to assist in our big events like interstate drives, etc...

Besides, the V-Sixers is listed as the official Proton club for the Proton Perdana in Proton's corporate website, mentioned in their Annual Reports, have budget allocations, etc.... thus there is a strong need to make it a legal entity.

2) The main reason like you mentioned is it's much easier for corporations to channel funds to an entity rather than an individual. Also it makes it legal for the club to collect membership fees.
Plus it's also glamor la to say, "My club is registered wit ROS". :biggrin:

3) Most definitely MSC can exist as a non-formal car club. There are plenty out there. Throw a stone also you'll hit a car that 'belongs' to a car club. LOL :biggrin:
Main drawbacks of not registered are in no. 2.

4) You can have the club without cawangan BUT you cannot carry the Malaysia name in the club name. When we started also it's under Selangor only, only then the rest of the states are formalized.

The main starting point now is 1 person. One person to step forward and take the lead for the inception. So who wanna be the club President?

When I was doing this last time, it was like a full time job to me. So I was having a paid job and a non-paid job. The difference is I spend more effort on the non-paid job. :biggrin:
Well I was young that time, plenty of time on hand and no wife + kids yet. Kakaka

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hi [PIMPIN]. I'll try to answer your question.

1) From the very beginning we do not want to register the club. My intention of setting it up was to gather everyone which are like minded, passionate about the car, to share knowledge & experience, organise events, etc.... in short to gather a community.

The main point is to ensure everyone have FUN in doing all of the above. But after a few years we had to register it with ROS due to pressure from a few of our sponsors, especially our main sponsor, Proton. It's much easier for them to channel funds out to assist in our big events like interstate drives, etc...

Besides, the V-Sixers is listed as the official Proton club for the Proton Perdana in Proton's corporate website, mentioned in their Annual Reports, have budget allocations, etc.... thus there is a strong need to make it a legal entity.

2) The main reason like you mentioned is it's much easier for corporations to channel funds to an entity rather than an individual. Also it makes it legal for the club to collect membership fees.
Plus it's also glamor la to say, "My club is registered wit ROS". :biggrin:

3) Most definitely MSC can exist as a non-formal car club. There are plenty out there. Throw a stone also you'll hit a car that 'belongs' to a car club. LOL :biggrin:
Main drawbacks of not registered are in no. 2.

4) You can have the club without cawangan BUT you cannot carry the Malaysia name in the club name. When we started also it's under Selangor only, only then the rest of the states are formalized.

The main starting point now is 1 person. One person to step forward and take the lead for the inception. So who wanna be the club President?

When I was doing this last time, it was like a full time job to me. So I was having a paid job and a non-paid job. The difference is I spend more effort on the non-paid job. :biggrin:
Well I was young that time, plenty of time on hand and no wife + kids yet. Kakaka
I guess the V-Sixers circumstances are very much different than ours. Firstly, as you've mentioned they had a corporate sponsor and a very big one at that. Plus, there are definitely more V6s nationwide than there are Skylines which for the most part seem to be concentrated in the Klang Valley. The way I see it, we lack critical mass and also leadership - no one wants to step up and get the ball rolling.

As you've mentioned, there is nothing wrong with being an unofficial club and I have to say I totally agree. Let's try get an informal group together, plan some activities etc and maybe revisit the whole issue a couple of years down the road. At the moment, we have nothing to offer if people were to become members as there are no discounts or special deals from vendors etc and this may or may not change in the future. We don't even have regular events.

As for the issue of not having branches, we can always be the 'Nissan Skyline Enthusiasts Club' or something along those lines but I think we should set that aside for the moment. What's more important is for everyone to come together and collectively decide where to go from here. Official or unofficial we still don't have anyone coming forward wanting to run this other than Dr.D and Blood Red.

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Could Blood Red and Dr.D update on what was discussed a couple of nights ago? Just the main points so that the rest of us are up to speed.

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Simply put, based on the feedback:

1. Setting up a registered club will require a lot of time and commitment
2. There is a lot of paper work involved

Thus, to move forward we need volunteers for office bearers

As Pimpin rightly pointed out, we need to address this question:

1. What is the benefit of having a registered club?

It is in my humble opinion that at this stage, we set up a... errr... pro-tem committee, plan few activities and re-evaluate if we actually need an official club. If we can get few like minded committed individuals, I think we can organize more events, solicit sponsors, etc.

Btw, I asked a member of one car club, he said the club is not registered, yet they manage to get sponsors from selected workshops (maintenance, accessories, audio, etc.). They collect money from members and use it for gifts and events.

Perhaps we can do the same.

Opinions welcomed.

Andromeda5020

May 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm in... so does this means that night/morning drives are gonna be legal after that?? :biggrin:

1) dr.d
2) gobiz
3) eagle
4) blood red
5) [PIMPIN]
6) Temujin
7) Tomiya Takato/Kyle
8) geber
9) V-Spec
10) frootloops
11) BNR
12) Andromeda

however i agree to change the name to Skyline Club Selangor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

planning to install clifford 2 way alarm system for my car. anybody knows the price and shop which knows how to install the alarm system?

what is the max distance for the 2 way to respond? I worry that the alarm have approx 200 to 300m only.

does the alarm comes with immo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience