Malaysia policy on transportation

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I really can find any info on Malaysia transport policy towards those electric personal transport thing like Segway and etc. As per usual, if not clearly stated on the law, automatic people will assume that it is illegal. But I would like to ask to get a definite answer. My plan is to build something similar to this and use for going nearby shops, mamak and etc.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Excuse me, the law is just some words, you can do as u wish.. how many years you lived in Bolehland?:rofl:
Ask the authorities, can or not, sure cannot, better not ask, so just use......hahahahahhahaha:rofl:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
All fcked by the stupid MCA transport minister last year. He proposed to ban all electric bicycle on the road due to safety when so many people don't even allow their children ride a normal bicycle on the road. Now, if there is something really stated in the law, then I have to waste time and money to go through MIROS (provided they accept), then Puspakom then JPJ and hope not including SIRIM and etc. Maybe need to register a company to get started. When things become so complicated and more complicated as time passed, The fatality rate still maintain high. I'm wondering if their main purpose is to make more money or something else.

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
what i heard previously...

1. any motorized vehicle (scooter, bicycle, tricycle, segway) powered by electric is banned on the road...maybe due to no engine noise to alert other road user.
2. the electric bicycle sold now is for leisure ONLY and not for road usage (maybe illegally imported)...but can find segway for rent in langkawi (leisure)... same case as ATV, not for on the road usage...

so, if yours is for personal usage, i don't see any issue with it.... just don't get caught by some dumb 'men in uniform' that don't know the law..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
All fcked by the stupid MCA transport minister last year. He proposed to ban all electric bicycle on the road due to safety when so many people don't even allow their children ride a normal bicycle on the road. Now, if there is something really stated in the law, then I have to waste time and money to go through MIROS (provided they accept), then Puspakom then JPJ and hope not including SIRIM and etc. Maybe need to register a company to get started. When things become so complicated and more complicated as time passed, The fatality rate still maintain high. I'm wondering if their main purpose is to make more money or something else.
Yup, probably you will need to go through all those departments one by one, at the same time probably have to get permits, pay fees and maybe as you mentioned go to Sirim for safety test and more money to pay.....:banghead:
Just for example, the latest smart TV. To make it legal to be sold in Bolihland, we first have to send to Sirim for safety test. Being a smart TV, we have to get wireless license also and the latest being implemented, we have to send for energy efficient test also. Imagine all those cost just to get the TV certified for sales.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

what i heard previously...

1. any motorized vehicle (scooter, bicycle, tricycle, segway) powered by electric is banned on the road...maybe due to no engine noise to alert other road user.
2. the electric bicycle sold now is for leisure ONLY and not for road usage (maybe illegally imported)...but can find segway for rent in langkawi (leisure)... same case as ATV, not for on the road usage...

so, if yours is for personal usage, i don't see any issue with it.... just don't get caught by some dumb 'men in uniform' that don't know the law..
1. What about EV car then?:confused:
2. My friend has one so he uses in his taman only, to go to sundry shop.....:rofl:

My friend got stop by JPJ, insist his lights are HID, but they were normal halogens only....:confused:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Segway cost around RM36k.. not many can afford it..

small electric vehicle is banned from road usage.. but not for off-road usage.. because it's very very slow.. very dangerous.. it's like walking in the middle of the street :biggrin:

ATV is not suitable for road usage because it hard to handle on the road.. off-road very good.. (u need to ride it 1st.. then, u'll know)

:biggrin:

Nicholl

Aug 28, 2012
new york, NY
these type of vehicles which dosent make sound are totally banned as it dosent make noise so i cant be recognized by other drivers that there is some vehicle around it and its very slow so it is too dangerous to move with this vehicles on the busy fast streets as one can cause severe accident of him as they can be thrashed by fast cars and trucks.

Click on this Get more info.

Last edited:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I think I'll make the thing come out 1st then bring it to MIROS and ask. Safety issue is BS. Else should ban people walking on the road. By right car/motor/truck drivers should be alert all the time and able to control their vehicle on the road and have no rights to stop other meant of transportation for any reason. After all, road are for public. KNS, those auto clutch bike (EX5 and etc) or scooter should be ban on the road due to safety issue. Because if the piston jammed, the rider will have bigger danger compare to electric bicycle or EPT. If a car brake caliper piston jammed, it will be more dangerous than a motorbike piston jammed cuz the brake will be over heat and the braking power will be reduced or totally malfunction. The car may just ram onto anything that stays on its path. If a lorry tire tare off (very often can see on the road), it will be more dangerous compare to the car. Reason no need to tell as everyone knows. So add up everything, road is just safe for walking. All meant of vehicle that has wheels, brake or etc should be banned on the road due to safety issue.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
I think I'll make the thing come out 1st then bring it to MIROS and ask. Safety issue is BS. Else should ban people walking on the road. By right car/motor/truck drivers should be alert all the time and able to control their vehicle on the road and have no rights to stop other meant of transportation for any reason. After all, road are for public. KNS, those auto clutch bike (EX5 and etc) or scooter should be ban on the road due to safety issue. Because if the piston jammed, the rider will have bigger danger compare to electric bicycle or EPT. If a car brake caliper piston jammed, it will be more dangerous than a motorbike piston jammed cuz the brake will be over heat and the braking power will be reduced or totally malfunction. The car may just ram onto anything that stays on its path. If a lorry tire tare off (very often can see on the road), it will be more dangerous compare to the car. Reason no need to tell as everyone knows. So add up everything, road is just safe for walking. All meant of vehicle that has wheels, brake or etc should be banned on the road due to safety issue.
Dude, all you need is to brand it as a motorcycle.. then your above the law already.:adore:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I wonder if you use it, who is going to stop you, if there is no law on it......:hmmmm:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Traffic or JPJ will probably confiscate the item then issue a saman then wait you to pay money or see their rep in court. If lucky then pay kopi-o. What they have is money, power, time, man power, and indirectly back by other gov department. What a common rakyat has is a chance to fund the gov. The thing I'm gonna build will cost few thousand RM and countless effort so I can't just bring it to the road and let people has chance to take it away. If just play in front of my house, I may as well don't make it.

Same thing apply to those private high school. The law never allow or restrict you to do such thing. You can do it but when people wanna take advantage on you, they can easily twist the words around and put blame on you. An individual/party of cause can fight back but based on the resources and condition I have, nothing else beside kena con. I won't expect miracle to be happen. Maybe I should put a number plate at the back with a line saying 'backed by Bersih 3.0' :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Normally if you are the only one using, all quiet one, then more crops up, then many hu ha.......authorities wake up loh......:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

please help..my wife's car need to change gearbox oil.
what brand best 4 honda 1.7 2001 model n izzit 10L enuf?

plese helpme..thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience