Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
first thing first in order to secure sponsors for your own motorsports,

u need to produce some countable results

but to get such results u need headflow of cash to make it works..

where to get the headflow money first without getting sponsors??

answer is long time spent in car/bikes garage like my both cars and bike....because proper preparation with such small amount of money means take a longer time...... errr...its have been almost full 2years since last time i raced on car/bike.....

and i'm no karamjit's like famous...so imagine a famous person like karamjit had to open bussiness outside malaysia to gather his own money to cover up what was his sponsors lacking, whatsmore for average joe like me........

just pray that rich boys (insert: fathers) put their money to proper training and proper use in motorsports to produce high quality driver/rider and make us proud of our nation.... :adore:

atleast btw in bike's segment,things looking good with proper change and we'll see some proper talent fighting with the very best of "mat salleh" riders this weekend....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
your point being? nobody is hating the people driving, we hating the lack of recognition and support for true heroes.. examples such as Karamjit Singh who has proven victories under his belt but no support and sponsorship.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
from what i understand, one not only needs the natural talent or skills to drive a F1 cars, but need lotsa and lotsa moolah too.
i guess it applies to all types of motorsport too.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
No dealer will put advertisement in magazine when there are no readers..

We also hate lack of support, not only for the sponsorship but also as a fan..
Where were we during those Karamjit days? Did we attend his rally event? Huge turnout?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No dealer will put advertisement in magazine when there are no readers..

We also hate lack of support, not only for the sponsorship but also as a fan..
Where were we during those Karamjit days? Did we attend his rally event? Huge turnout?
I was there, followed most of his Rally held from KL to PD every year, but not sure if many members here are as old as I am to be interested in rally at that time....:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Malaysia want to earn money ma. Sponsor lor. Gain awareness to their brand lor.
Petronas okay lah! but why need 2 Lotus team?.....:confused:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Because Malaysia Boleh!

passo123

1,000 RPM
Aug 3, 2007
putrajaya/sban
Malaysia ... A motor sports nation?

hnmmmmmm......i dun think so.....need more talent...more race track.....and more more more.....

hehe

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
since the person who started this dont want to talk about politics i try not to even it does kinda involve them.. (who remembers clearly on minister who said SuperGT Haram bcoz of sexy ladies or a dude who said MotoGP xlaku n i want to cancel it until fans blasted him n brought back MotoGP)

ok back to topic.. i think it is exposure..

i mean look..

on TV if u watch those cheap Malaysian TV soap operas like Michael Bay Malaysia.. opps i mean Yusof Haslam's Gerak Khas.. u see badguys are those drifters, racers and stuff.. n then our Police chase them...

so this makes the Malaysian mentality thinks motorsport is evil

n yes as i said Yusof Haslam n his son will make movies with exaggerated explosion so people will think racing kills (well in real it stated Motorsport is Dangerous! wait what was that stupid movie, GANGSTER)

THere is NOT ONE !! (i guess)

Not one movie like a zero to Hero who wants to be in the racing scene !!

or a movie about racing (plz not impak maksima or KL evo drift, if u got my point)

Look in overseas, like Days of Thunder? or Shuto Kousoku Trial series? or any more u can think of?

Motorsport is EXPENSIVE here !! we are not like UK who always crushes nice cars like Subrau Impreza WRX... we fans know how expensive it is..

tyres, car, body, fuel, team, sponsor, manpower, pit crew, manager, and more u can think of

OOo F1... yes, imo F1 is a damn expensive sport.. i used to love the old F1 b4 Uncle Bernie spoilt it... he also made the mentality of fans n myself as well to think F1 is expensive (pay Bernie, u get F1)

btw, i got a lot more stories about this.. but it is overly painful... believe me

*ps: I can still remembered MSS on TV, they interviewed Tun Dr M n asked about Sepang Circuit, he replied "I built this circuit for our young ones who love racing and I am not really a racing fan myself," 2 weeks later SuperGT, NST caught a picture of Tun Dr M excited until he pushed Kunimitsu Takahashi (SuperGT Chairman b4) looking at the Raybrig Honda NSX V8 !! Yes, i remembered one season NSX uses V8 !

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
So... who wanna sponsor me to build a racing team where any1 can join...?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi...anyone can reccomend me a place on where to paint my engine head cover ??

preferably near Ampang...Thanks!:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience