• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
EXACTLY!! budget for a S1k race easily >RM100k, MSS >RM60k ? Join for fun with low budget ? must well dont join... CIMB reserach avg individual income in our country are RM1.8k

"Then work harder and earn higher income la" but how many can affort RM100k budget for 1 time race a year ? and the story go on and on...

This is what i will call Motorsport nation...
who ever put the numbers together for you deserves a knock in the head... either trying to scare you or wants to make alot of money...

i've run an s1k car for 30k.. tyres, fuel, food, mechanics, entry fee.. etc.. thats 10K per driver for 3 drivers...with 100k you're looking to be driving what Lai at R Engineering is doing with his Altis... thats not average Joe any more is it?

This year i rented my DC5 at MMER for 60K... ALL included.. mechanics, food, Panta racing fuel, transport etc etc...drivers just bring helmet and drive...tyre bill was 15K on top...
thats 25K per driver to do a 12 hour race in a car with all the mods done to win..

There you go with the numbers... its not 100k for s1k... its not 100k for MMER in a DC5...

like i said in my previous post... public participation... if you ask the right people.. people will tell.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, even if there is a track with cheaper entry fees compared to Sepang, are we willing to pay for the usual track day maintenance 'package' i.e brake pads/tires/engine fluids/blabla ? I know my answer. A track with cheaper entry fees solves nothing.

Fact is, motorsports is not cheap. It's the same anywhere else in the world.
Not Motorsports, but many were having their fling at Batu Tiga track every Saturday night those days.
Better then having them racing on the highways now......:banghead:

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
Not Motorsports, but many were having their fling at Batu Tiga track every Saturday night those days.
Better then having them racing on the highways now......:banghead:
Thats true, but many were also having a fling down the Federal Highway, Kesas and PLUS back then too...
its not the distance... illegal races don't happen just round the corner from your house... they travel pretty far to have a go or to watch.. putrajaya isn't that far away from sepang... but it was packed when they had those illegal drags in the late 90s... i'm sure it still happens now..

so whats really stopping proper motorsports?

maybe proper motorsport is to proper.. maybe people like it being illegal... maybe its exciting to be afraid the cops show up...

anyone really have the answer?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If not mistaken, some wanted to shift to Sepang for the Saturday races, but it was costly...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
A race like this should help... well maybe not for all... but at least it can reach to middle class perhaps?
24 Hours of Le MOns: FAQ & How-To

plus at least "Batu 3 styled" track in each state...

...if it won't work... still have GRA :proud:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
IMO, for motorsport to grow, we really need to do something on the grassroot level. Starting with smaller, community racetracks nearby, like the old Batu 3 speedway...cheap to enter & watch & get there. ( I think it was RM30 per car to race in SNF)

I could personally say that I wouldn't be that interested in motorsports/cars today if it wasnt for the old Saturday Night Fever days.....

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Honestly... i think.... SIC is abit far... seriously... To go there, pay toll... pump ron97... parking macam sial... then... pay entrance fee.. walk under the hot sun... i think i must be ageing pretty badly.. used to love this shit... now...aijo... i'd rather watch it on youtube.. or read it from magazine... If it's nearby like, say for instance, within distances like the old batu 3.. i may still go.. see how the drivers pose their serious face next to their cars, how the photographer distract the girls by looking up but camera pointing elsewhere.. look at some young pimpled faced ciku posing next to so called umbrella girls with their hands around their waist and a slight bulge showing in their pants.. whahahaha... but now... sigh

but nevertheless...i do it to support my friends.. I to it to Support my bestest of friends - Tom Goh (p.s. can i apply to be admin ah?)... and my bestest of bestest friend - GT Auto Folks (this one from heart... ) .. and my samseng friend who's so notorious i cant even mention his nick.. else his BMW will transform into a gay serial rapist and rape my anus.. and my dog's too...

On a serious note, have u noticed the turn out at roadshows like mean machines, HIN and the last STAR motorshow is abit higher than actual motorsports? is there an inclination towards these sorta interest than hard core races? hmm.. who knows...

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
Honestly... i think.... SIC is abit far... seriously... To go there, pay toll... pump ron97... parking macam sial... then... pay entrance fee.. walk under the hot sun... i think i must be ageing pretty badly.. used to love this shit... now...aijo... i'd rather watch it on youtube.. or read it from magazine... If it's nearby like, say for instance, within distances like the old batu 3.. i may still go.. see how the drivers pose their serious face next to their cars, how the photographer distract the girls by looking up but camera pointing elsewhere.. look at some young pimpled faced ciku posing next to so called umbrella girls with their hands around their waist and a slight bulge showing in their pants.. whahahaha... but now... sigh

but nevertheless...i do it to support my friends.. I to it to Support my bestest of friends - Tom Goh (p.s. can i apply to be admin ah?)... and my bestest of bestest friend - GT Auto Folks (this one from heart... ) .. and my samseng friend who's so notorious i cant even mention his nick.. else his BMW will transform into a gay serial rapist and rape my anus.. and my dog's too...

On a serious note, have u noticed the turn out at roadshows like mean machines, HIN and the last STAR motorshow is abit higher than actual motorsports? is there an inclination towards these sorta interest than hard core races? hmm.. who knows...
so says the man with the orange shirt and the toyota corolla... wahahaha

Think about how far it is for people to travel to Le Mans or to the Nurburgring.. heck it takes me 2 hours to get to my nearest circuit (Eastern Creek, where they had the silly WTAC).. but i still go for the races even when i'm not working just to see the cars and meet the people..

i think you might be on to something... maybe malaysians like the perceived lifestyle that is associated with motorsport... they think got models, champagne, good publicity...
if you really think about it.. Super GT attracts alot of people to watch.. they get show bags, take pictures with Yamate girls, see the 'drift king'...
but really the racing is the same as any old race... they just have a very good marketing and packaging strategy..

They are having that party at Sepang tonight arent they? some joker named Guetta.... and that will pull 25,000 people... too far? not for a dance party apparently...
car enthusiasts are hard core.. but not as hardcore as clubbers apparently..

plus everyone wants to rape blackhowlings anus and have a threesome with his dog.. will pump Ron97, and go thru crap parking and travel to sepang for that

Last edited:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
any country's motorsport is reserved for people with wealth or with access to wealth.. if you are struggling to pay your bills.. racing wouldn't be a priority unless you really have god given talent..

racing on the roads? really? you actually like mat rempits? no difference if they are on 2 wheels or 4 if they are on public roads... they still put innocent lives at risk
Whaaooo......dont put words into my mouth please. I never said I treat public road like my personal track.

Those who cant afford but has high spirit in the realm of motorsport where do they go?

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
Whaaooo......dont put words into my mouth please. I never said I treat public road like my personal track.

Those who cant afford but has high spirit in the realm of motorsport where do they go?
haha, no harm intended... it was just to prove a point.

Motorsport has many levels.. the average ZTH user probably has done a track day or the odd time attack. So he/she would have some form of experience on track..

i'd suggest go out and buy a force feedback steering wheel and race on the playstation...

or go to the go kart track and rent a lawn mower...

if you really love motorsports... you'll find a way to do it...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
who ever put the numbers together for you deserves a knock in the head... either trying to scare you or wants to make alot of money...

i've run an s1k car for 30k.. tyres, fuel, food, mechanics, entry fee.. etc.. thats 10K per driver for 3 drivers...with 100k you're looking to be driving what Lai at R Engineering is doing with his Altis... thats not average Joe any more is it?

This year i rented my DC5 at MMER for 60K... ALL included.. mechanics, food, Panta racing fuel, transport etc etc...drivers just bring helmet and drive...tyre bill was 15K on top...
thats 25K per driver to do a 12 hour race in a car with all the mods done to win..

There you go with the numbers... its not 100k for s1k... its not 100k for MMER in a DC5...

like i said in my previous post... public participation... if you ask the right people.. people will tell.
Thank you Mr.cqloh for precious insight to the motorsport industry. Rather than guessing what goes on in motorsports, we now have a glimpse of it.

However, everything you say echoes the sentiments of most motorheads here.

Assuming Mr.A makes RM4,000 nett a month. He pays rent/installment for property, RM1000 gone, pays RM800 installment for a R3 Satria Neo, spends RM1000 on food, daily needs, pay bills, RM400 on petrol, toll, parking etc. he has RM900 left.

So he save a year to go racing? Realistic?

RM4,000 nett salary is considered above average for a salary earner. If he can't afford motorsports, who is this "motorsport industry" targeting? Datuk? Tan Sri? Tun? Managing Directors? CEOs?

How much watching David Guetta live in Sepang cost? RM218 max, VIP sammo. No need to buy tyres, change brake pads, pump petrol, change engine oil etc. No risk of getting car damaged too, insurance don't cover if your car is in SIC. If the shitty CAMPRO engine's crankshaft breaks, you're screwed although we know it is shit to begin. Then extra cost for tow truck, repair, etc.

Passionate, yes. But everybody's got responsibilities and a life to live. Our car is shit expensive to begin with. And for the average joe, he can't afford anything nice for motorsport purpose. What's the point of driving a Myvi to Sepang? So it can roll off the apex? The man with an elderly father, mother, sister, brother and a whole kampung to ferry around cannot buy a Neo as passionate as he is so he's stuck with a Myvi or a Saga.

You want real people to be excited about motorsports, you gotta ask yourself, what is in it for them? You want them to participate, how are they part of it? Why they wanna go all the way to Sepang and see Datuk, Tan Sri, Tun, MD, CEOs racing each other. See who got more money to buy the best machines and best drivers?

Motorsport industry is fucked because the automotive industry is fucked to begin with. Look at VW raising the price on the Polo GTi. That's called take a durian and stick it up your ass. We have no choice, thus we choose not to be a part of it.

Nurburgring? Got queue to go in during the weekends man, from exotics to the average joe's Golf GTi, Polo GTi, BMWs, Megane, Evo, STi.. again, question, why would a guy driving a Myvi, Saga, Persona to a track? Unless he is really into it. Otherwise, when a motorhead looks at a Myvi he thinks to himself "The government stuck a durian up my ass and I'm forced to buy this car." You think he still got passion to go track and topple over? The guy with the Satria R3 also think twice because he can't afford getting into an accident, and changing tyres alone would cost a month's saving, not to mention track entry fees of RM300.

Motorsports in Malaysia? Its more than you can afford, pal.

EDIT: And to add, even someone with Godlike skills, our beloved Karamjit Singh also cannot afford to go racing one point in time. What chance does the average sotong has?

Motorsports in Malaysia is a playground for the rich.

Last edited:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I'll keep in mind i can ask nexus racing info, but not other cos they just say very bz n ignore u, trying not to say it in your face that is non of your business. I try b4 but this is what i get. Not every ppl is nice like u, most i meet is too lansi to even look at u.

I like racing, heck there r only car related things in my FB page, phone, video, but in the end most of us just have to face reality that its not our game to play, modding is expensive, racing in track is even more expensive. You r talking thousand of money that most of us only can afford hundred, where do we race..? not that is an excuse to street racing, just that SIC is far to go, n its not that when u wan to race u can but have to wait for open trackday. A friend of mine retire from racing advice me not to get addicted to track racing, it just burning money, especially tire. We r not winning the cash price to sponsor our racing hobi, its just a rich man game we cannot afford, consider we still need a house, a car for work, wife n kids.

Well... i still into racing, every chance i can take involving race on 2 wheel or 4 even 6, i will try to get involve. Even just to see i will take a few moment, risking being fxxk by my wife. Even when i'm walking, i'm imagining shifting gear n attacking corner( not always la, sound like im crazy but most of the time, yes i have a imaginary race car:stupid: )

Sometimes i just wish i live in Japan, where i can have a small house near a track, n go racing every weekend with a AE86( Had a japanese friend in japan whos living this life ) cost of living is high but offset by income also high comparing with malaysia where most ppl pocket dry out every end of month, that including me.:banghead:

Is malaysia a motorsport nation, rakyat maybe is motorhead but the country not there yet... U dun c youngest person who stand on the podium of world time attack a get a hand shake from gov..

Just comment on what i'm thinking after reading your post, but i think this apply to most motorhead in malaysia. What to do when cannot affort it..? even go karting is expensive.

PS. can i drive your race car for a few laps...? i dun have a racing license though...:adore:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
motorsports is expensive everywhere...not just in malaysia..
its better to watch tv for any race than at track...not only in malaysia..
people go very-very far to watch race...nascar...rally event..not just in sepang...
you guys modify your car kaw-kaw...puluh-puluh ribu habis...ada yang ratus ribu...then blaming motorsports is expensive??
like i said in other thread, previous MMER, free parking, free entrance...but then, moaning about toll and fuel price??

just say it, you didn't really like motorsports... you're just giving excuse and then blaming the government for that...
refer top this thread..
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...d-to-our-motorsport-scene.html#post1064097260
i clearly stated in 1st post, people here only like to talk about politics..see where that thread ends up...and see how this thread starts on the first page...

smartphone in malaysia also very expensive...but then..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
motorsports is expensive everywhere...not just in malaysia..
its better to watch tv for any race than at track...not only in malaysia..
people go very-very far to watch race...nascar...rally event..not just in sepang...
you guys modify your car kaw-kaw...puluh-puluh ribu habis...ada yang ratus ribu...then blaming motorsports is expensive??
like i said in other thread, previous MMER, free parking, free entrance...but then, moaning about toll and fuel price??

just say it, you didn't really like motorsports... you're just giving excuse and then blaming the government for that...
refer top this thread..
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...d-to-our-motorsport-scene.html#post1064097260
i clearly stated in 1st post, people here only like to talk about politics..see where that thread ends up...and see how this thread starts on the first page...

smartphone in malaysia also very expensive...but then..
Why don't you do the maths and show us?

Mr.A got 900 left every month not including savings, insurance. Can he afford "motorsport"?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Why don't you do the maths and show us?

Mr.A got 900 left every month not including savings, insurance. Can he afford "motorsport"?
What do you mean by 'motorsport'? Participating in MSS for the whole season? Building a group A drag car?

If you can't afford to participate, be the spectator.. i spend less than RM300 this year to watch...2012 F1...for 8 person...yes, 8 PERSON!! that's including toll and fuel...how do i do that?

Even in other country, no average Joe participating in Nascar or Japan GT or Super Taikyu..so you're saying Japan also not a motorsport nation due to the fact their average joe can't afford to participate in racing? Heck, most of them in Japan don't even have a car..

So tell me, which nation in this world can be called Motorsport nation? And I can show you even their average Joe can't afford it (by your standard)..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone can quote me the price they got and from where?

i wana install and might have to remove on the same day.. if its too low..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience