Maintenance: Correct Methods to Wash & Wax/Polish

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Guys, can someone tell me what are the correct/proper methods to wash and wax/polish the car?
I take precaution everytime I wash and wax my car by cleaning up the sponge but I still see tiny scratches all over my car!
Can anyone give me some valuable advice?
:_:

Last edited:

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Get a pure wax like ADLER brand. Easy to apply and buff off. Cheaper too. You can ask BS about the wax result on my car. Pure wax will cover those tiny scratches.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ace, where to get the wax?
I never seen the brand before.
If I don't wax my car with the waxing machine, will it produce almost similar result?

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Yeap...You just need to send it to the wax center like AUTOGLYM to polish once. just ONCE. The rest you can wax it yourself. This ADLER is the best I have try so far and trust me I already try countless brand. This is by far the easiest, lasting wax I ever tried.

Those brand I tried are Soft99 (higher range series), Turtle Wax, Autoglym, Carnauba Wax paste from various brand, PERMAGLASS, Meguirs, Mothers and all have certain disadvantages.
The main reason I chose ADLER is as fellow

- This wax initially wasn't intend for the market. It is reserved mainly for panel beating workhop or spray painting workshop. Now you know why you car is damn shiny after wax by them right?

- It has the pure liquid wax property that are able to cover tiny scratches easily and because of this it is able to wax even directly under the sun.

- Cheaper on price versus quantity/quality.:_:

- The best of all. It is so easy to apply and buff off. You get those super slippery surface. That is why I can wax often. Unlike other brand that I mentioned above some produce powder after buffing, some easy to apply very hard to buff or even worst hard to apply and buff. Some doesn't last or not slippery enought.:confused_smile:

- The dealer is very near to my house. Just next Taman only.

- If you guys need it let me know if any of you drop by so I can help you to order. Then he/she can take back for follow members as well.:_:

BS saw the result of the wax when we met up last time. You could check with him mah.:_:

Daniel Lee said:
Ace, where to get the wax?
I never seen the brand before.
If I don't wax my car with the waxing machine, will it produce almost similar result?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ace,

that means I must send my car to those professional car wash centre to let them polish my car once then I can do the waxing myself in future without visiting the car wash centre again?

What are the differences between waxing and polishing?
I just try out a new wax that I bought recently this morning.
The wax is easy to put on but damn difficult to buff off.
It takes me almost 3 hours to wax my car compare 1 hour previously with Kit Carnauba Wax.
But the new wax that I'm using produces less powder compare to Kit wax.

I'm really interested to get ADLER wax after much recommendation from you.
Will try to search for the brand around my area.
If don't have, then I might need to trouble you to get it for me and I'll travel to Penang to get it. :_:

BS, how's Ace waxing result?
Good? Excellent? Perfect? :_:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace said:
BS saw the result of the wax when we met up last time. You could check with him mah.:_:
Daniel, even cicak also cannot stand on his bonnet, simply too smooth, hahahahhaha. Unlike mine, got cicak die on my spoiler. :biggrin:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Wow, then the results are superb.
Tempted to get the ADLER wax now. Hehehe.

BS, how can the cicak got on to your car and die there?
You keep food stuff in your trunk izzit?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Daniel, i seriously have no idea man.

pic i took when I meet Ace

RIP... :biggrin:

sorry, car super dirty that time

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Wah, got pics of Mr. Cicak somemore.
Mr. Cicak had very good taste in choosing cars too. Muahahahahaha...........
But it doesn't looks like it's dead.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
haha..... this is funny men..... "even cicak also cannot stand on his bonnet, simply too smooth. Unlike mine, got cicak die on my spoiler" got photo too......

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BS,
It was fun met up with you. really miss it lah..

Daniel,
Polish is using some super fin abrasive compound paste to machine spin at your car. So, you only polish 1-3 times over 5-8 years. Because it actaully takes our a tiny layer of your lacquer paint. It depends on the condition of your car. If your car paint is in good condition then you don't have to send it for polish. Just machine wax it one time and the rest you could do it by hand weekly. Very easy. Trust me I tried KIT also before. ADLER is the final stop I would say. After years and years of trial and error.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
daniel, no the car still super dirty that time

Ace
haha, what to do, i change my job, no longer travel to penang.

anyone try this?
RM400 per tin ...
http://www.carpolish.ca/

Last edited:

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BS, the price alone scary already. The problem with some of the wax is that they either hard to apply, or not last or not smooth. Thats why I opt for ADLER. Damn best wax i ever use. In fact all my friend and cousin have no complain but compliment after use it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

.. well, i've been reading a lot of good stuff about JFA with regards to this custom exhausts systems that he have been selling. i know if you want good and high quality stuffs, you have to fork out quite a bit of cash..which i wouldn't mind. however just want to know whether his prices are reasonable for the quality of things that you're buying from him or are we getting it with a premium since he is rather famous within the modding circle. it would be nice if some people could share their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience