-maintaining an evo 7.5 in ipoh, perak-

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
hello guys and all the members of mloc,

i have a question about maintaining an evo 7.5 in ipoh.... because i only see very few evos here...
thinking to get the gta model coz... i want to buy my dream car... but wife is the 1 will be driving it mostly... so GTA is the best answer....

so my question is:
1. is there any reputable garage/workshop in ipoh that can handle evos?... coz years back... i have problems even to maintain my puny 1.8GSR...a lot w/shop say can do... but actually they dont...

hmm... thats just it...

the only thing held me back to get his car is the maintenance support in my hometown... arghhh....

maybe a ipoh-mloc member can help answer...

thanks in advance

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Have you tried Nick at Zero4 Racing ? (section 18, Jalan Pengkalan...near Tesco)

On any given day, the guy has a couple R-34 GTRs and race prepped Hondas and various Japanese makes at the workshop and they specialize mostly on JDM cars.

Depending who you talk to, he's either reasonably competent or just another pretender to the throne. Sorry, I don't how good he really is because I don't use him for any of my stuff but I have heard of his workshop and even talked to him a few times at car shows ...so might be worth checking out to see what he's all about.

I don't think any performance car in good condition is hard to maintain if you take care of the car. The best tuners within reasonable proximity are still in KL and with the highway its just 2.5 hrs away......1.5 hrs if you drive like me LOL

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
there is one workshop at bercham area not far frm chicken processing factory. the workshop is situated next to spray workshop. I can't remember the name. jz a small buroks workshop but its among reputable workshop that I know in Ipoh :)

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

I was an ex-student frm UTP so familiar with Ipoh town :D

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
lord darkslide:err...to maintain the car,i guess alot of workshop can do it.depends on what u want to do.incase of tuning...ermm..really dunno where u can do it in ipoh.many claim can tune,but some even dont have wideband af.how to tune?they tune by FEELING:rofl:

theres few that familiar with jdm car

ms garage
tan motor
replica

pm me if u need the contact num

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
FVel:thanks for the answer....04.... hmmmm...... better kept my opinion to my self... hehehehe...

dewa lavau: maybe i scout around...thanks....

no mloc-ipoh member??? that will made support more difficult...

i remember those days where i have to travel all the way to KL just to TT with fellow 4g93t thread forumer......

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

lord darkslide:err...to maintain the car,i guess alot of workshop can do it.depends on what u want to do.incase of tuning...ermm..really dunno where u can do it in ipoh.many claim can tune,but some even dont have wideband af.how to tune?they tune by FEELING:rofl:

theres few that familiar with jdm car

ms garage
tan motor
replica

pm me if u need the contact num
yaaa.. thats what i mean/afraid... tune with feeling type...
regular maintenance.... im sure there is w/shop here can do....:)

thanks

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
lol......You guys...implying something there with all the 'no-comments'... hehehe

L D,

To be honest, I had the same reservations as you when it came time to build my car. It's either having a great car and put up with a little inconvenience in terms of support/maintenance or alternatively resign yourself to driving a generic car that is convenient to maintain but unremarkable and unfulfilling.

It's not so bad in practice. Provided the car is well-built and well taken care off, you need not worry too much other than the basic maintenance which can be adequately satisfied by the workshops here. And you don't tune your car or make major modifications all the time so if the occasion warrants such an adventure, you'd only be looking at making the occasional 2.5 hr journey to KL or whoever to get it done. I usually leave the car there for a short spell of a few days so they have all the time to get things right and I don't have to keep shuttling back and forth between cities....assuming you have a second transport while your Evo is in the workshop.

I'm sure if you desire something bad enough, you won't let a little inconvenience get in your way. I mean we read about guys in Sarawak driving into Brunei all the time to get their cars tuned. Good luck. Hope to see your Evo on the roads sometime. There are not many here for sure although I keep meeting that intimidating Black one that is always at that laundry shop at Canning Garden (near KFC).

And bro, if you are spending all your moolah buying your dream Evo, it'll be a terrible shame to let the wife hog all the driving. Unless she's Leona Chin or Jane Cheah, she'd be tootling along at 60 kph getting in everyone's way. Damn sinful for an Evo :biggrin:

aaloon

Known Member
Nov 16, 2006
U should contact lan evo so he can poison u!! & give u opinion!!!

i not mloc member but i drive a evo in Ipoh.

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
hello guys and all the members of mloc,

i have a question about maintaining an evo 7.5 in ipoh.... because i only see very few evos here...
thinking to get the gta model coz... i want to buy my dream car... but wife is the 1 will be driving it mostly... so GTA is the best answer....

so my question is:
1. is there any reputable garage/workshop in ipoh that can handle evos?... coz years back... i have problems even to maintain my puny 1.8GSR...a lot w/shop say can do... but actually they dont...

hmm... thats just it...

the only thing held me back to get his car is the maintenance support in my hometown... arghhh....

maybe a ipoh-mloc member can help answer...

thanks in advance
not sure if this shop is capable or not...but seen the big Motul signboard outside with a white Supra been displayed everyday really caught my attention..corner lot at the big T junction in Lahad..

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i didn pointing at anyone k,but the motul signboard doesn judge anything:biggrin:

the supra been there for sometime,not sure wats going on.i guess thats the only car caught ur attention.beside the supra ermmm....

Boonkae

Known Member
May 11, 2009
lol......You guys...implying something there with all the 'no-comments'... hehehe

L D,

To be honest, I had the same reservations as you when it came time to build my car. It's either having a great car and put up with a little inconvenience in terms of support/maintenance or alternatively resign yourself to driving a generic car that is convenient to maintain but unremarkable and unfulfilling.

It's not so bad in practice. Provided the car is well-built and well taken care off, you need not worry too much other than the basic maintenance which can be adequately satisfied by the workshops here. And you don't tune your car or make major modifications all the time so if the occasion warrants such an adventure, you'd only be looking at making the occasional 2.5 hr journey to KL or whoever to get it done. I usually leave the car there for a short spell of a few days so they have all the time to get things right and I don't have to keep shuttling back and forth between cities....assuming you have a second transport while your Evo is in the workshop.

I'm sure if you desire something bad enough, you won't let a little inconvenience get in your way. I mean we read about guys in Sarawak driving into Brunei all the time to get their cars tuned. Good luck. Hope to see your Evo on the roads sometime. There are not many here for sure although I keep meeting that intimidating Black one that is always at that laundry shop at Canning Garden (near KFC).

And bro, if you are spending all your moolah buying your dream Evo, it'll be a terrible shame to let the wife hog all the driving. Unless she's Leona Chin or Jane Cheah, she'd be tootling along at 60 kph getting in everyone's way. Damn sinful for an Evo :biggrin:
FVel ... How do you know that black evo always infront of the laundry shop ?
As for maintaining an evo in Ipoh ... Can try Replica ... The owner is called Ah Loon ... Friendly guy ...

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
thanks guys...

and yes...i agree with FVel... if u want something bad enough... everything else is nothing...
the reason my wifey will drive is that i work damn far... stay in ipoh... work in majung... that 190km to and from... i dont want to abuse a great car... :)

so.....

let the hunt begin.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, I got car care products to sell, high quality one…..

Silicone Glaze Car Polish 500ml RM 28
(powerful formula that lifts grease, grime and even dull,
Oxidized surfaces in to polished gleam that lasts for months)

Instant Tyre Shine 350g RM 18
(come with unique ‘fan noodle’ for better control and special 180o valve
For even application even when upside down.)

Car Wash-made in USA 1 liter RM 24
(does not strip off car’s polish or protective wax,
Concentrated form give up to 200...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience