Magnitude 7.9 earthquake strikes Indonesia...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Harv, I think it won't be only a few houses....It would be more...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
S95, thanks

I'm also having the same thought like you. Since Indonesia & MY is separated by only a strait. What if a 8.5 or 9 happen between the ocean.....?? Since our houses and building were not constructed with natural disaster in mind...the result will be terrible.

Is there any studies going on through our National Geographical Research department? :confused: Hope a crack won't appear on the KL Tower or any tall buildings...scary.
Titanrev,
a 7.9 hits off the shores of Padang, Sumatra. I attached a picture here. We're separated by sumatra and the straights of malacca. Yet, we feel the tremor. If a quake of just 7.9 hits the straights of malacca, our building will collapse. petronas towers will be bye-bye and all the high rise building in kl will be bye-bye. PD will be wiped clean and the resorts will be flattened by the waves. Malacca will also be crashed by the monster waves because it's not very far from the straights of malacca. It'll probably be malaysia's worst natural disaster in our pathetic 52 years of crappy independence.

Harv

Known Member
Nov 15, 2008
TR, thats freaky to think about. I was reading the papers yesterday and it stated that the quake came by surprise.. no indications or whatsoeva.. besides the early warnings sumwhere in 1991 and 1995 that a quake might wipe out padang. It also stated that the plates are overlapping causing the quake ..and now the Australian plate is moving east .. so the story is getting more complicated and im sure there will be another one in the next 5 years to come.

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
wah... australia moving east, that means soon when buying parts from australia will be cheaper! coz nearer!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
corona...hahaha....

I think is just a matter of time only when earth quakes will hit MY hard..the earth's plate is on constant movement and we can really feel it. I hope our NGRD better start monitoring it...MY is free from quake but doesn't mean we are totally safe....our country have no drills and no experience in dealing with quakes and if its happen, god knows how much people is going to be dead...plus the tremor has caused our buildings to crack and I hope they better do something about it. Its time for us to get prepared just in case...we will never know what will happen. suddenly a 9 mag hit again...this time is not offshore and mroe closer to us...I really can't imagine...

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
corona...hahaha....

I think is just a matter of time only when earth quakes will hit MY hard..the earth's plate is on constant movement and we can really feel it. I hope our NGRD better start monitoring it...MY is free from quake but doesn't mean we are totally safe....our country have no drills and no experience in dealing with quakes and if its happen, god knows how much people is going to be dead...plus the tremor has caused our buildings to crack and I hope they better do something about it. Its time for us to get prepared just in case...we will never know what will happen. suddenly a 9 mag hit again...this time is not offshore and mroe closer to us...I really can't imagine...
yes they really need to look on this matter seriously lar, if not really jialat:banghead:
but i do doubt they got time for this thing meh:slug::slug::slug:

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
not in a our lifetime probably......it will be ages before we will be in a range of an epic centre....

as of now dont have to worry if an epic centre in the straits of malacca....what im scared of if another quake that cause tsunami that can happen in middle of andaman sea and volcanic Krakatoa exploding again....now those 2 can hurt us in Malaysia in near future

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the echoes of Bernie Ecclestone's comments that Formula One is not for sale reverberates in the halls of motorsports, the Telegraph in the UK is reporting that Rupert Murdoch's News Corp may be looking into taking over the pinnacle of motorsports. According to the paper, Mexican telco billionaire Carlos Slim is also getting in on the action...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience