Magnitude 7.9 earthquake strikes Indonesia...

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by BLANk, Sep 30, 2009.

1. khoo198

khoo198 Senior Member

mahai.......TR....i think all Seremban like tht lar.........my place oso like tht.........electricity breakdown 1/2 day....pui!!:banghead::banghead:

2. nd4ever

nd4ever Senior Member

Yesterday I did felt dizzy for few seconds & I thought it's because of the ciggarettes I puffed about 5 mins before the tremor is felt in my office in Jaya33, PJ. Even my manager & finance director came over to my room & asked whether I felt the shake or not? I said yes, then only I realized that it's earthquake & not because of my Mild Seven Lights. Hahahaha.....

3. Harv

Harv 5 Year | Silver

heard rumors on fb .. there was a second earth quake today . .any follow up on that ?

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

yup .. read the same thing .. freaky . .imagine another 1 or 2 more quakes is good enuff to tear the structure ..

4. BLANk

BLANk Senior Member

Harv:yeap...at southern sumatra(near bengkulu),indonesia...magnitude 6.6

5. satria_95

satria_95 Senior Member

I think the tremor has caused few members to talk crap. haha

passo,
    In m'sia, we don't have that many major natural disaster but our govt is worst than the hurricanes that struck the Philippines. Our govt... that's a total disaster, other than Tun M. I ain't favorable of anyone in particular in the govt but Tun M happen to be one guy who has brought our country farther than any dudes who's had a hand to move the country. Correct me if I'm wrong cos I only have a pair of eyes. heh heh

titanrev,
    what connection? You mean our country had any connection at all? I thought we were all in a dream for 52 years. keke

6. TitanRev

TitanRev You think I print money?
    Helmet Clan Moderator

S95, I mean the internet connection...Hahaha:biggrin:

Bro, Please stick to topic..thank you...

#26 TitanRev, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  7. mizunori77

mizunori77 15 Year | Platinum

eh... why OT to politics la? :rofl:

8. satria_95

satria_95 Senior Member

We're still at the topic, dude. hehe We're talking about the 7.9r earthquake that caused our internet connection to be shitty. Or at least, our so called "internet connection" which to me never really was an internet connection anyway. haha

mizu,
    I long time didn't off topic already so do it once in a while. Anyway, the quakes are getting closer and closer to m'sia. I guess it's just a matter of time before it comes so near to us enough for us to even feel single story houses being shaken significantly.

9. TitanRev

Helmet Clan Moderator

S95, thanks

I'm also having the same thought like you. Since Indonesia & MY is separated by only a strait. What if a 8.5 or 9 happen between the ocean.....?? Since our houses and building were not constructed with natural disaster in mind...the result will be terrible.

Is there any studies going on through our National Geographical Research department? :confused: Hope a crack won't appear on the KL Tower or any tall buildings...scary.

10. Harv

Harv 5 Year | Silver

im feeling you bro .. another quake in the center of the ocean would wipe a few houses near the coast line for sure.

11. TitanRev

Helmet Clan Moderator

Harv, I think it won't be only a few houses....It would be more...

12. satria_95

satria_95 Senior Member

Titanrev,
    a 7.9 hits off the shores of Padang, Sumatra. I attached a picture here. We're separated by sumatra and the straights of malacca. Yet, we feel the tremor. If a quake of just 7.9 hits the straights of malacca, our building will collapse. petronas towers will be bye-bye and all the high rise building in kl will be bye-bye. PD will be wiped clean and the resorts will be flattened by the waves. Malacca will also be crashed by the monster waves because it's not very far from the straights of malacca. It'll probably be malaysia's worst natural disaster in our pathetic 52 years of crappy independence.

13. Trinityblood

Trinityblood Senior Member

duh...sound really scary bro..

14. Harv

Harv 5 Year | Silver

TR, thats freaky to think about. I was reading the papers yesterday and it stated that the quake came by surprise.. no indications or whatsoeva.. besides the early warnings sumwhere in 1991 and 1995 that a quake might wipe out padang. It also stated that the plates are overlapping causing the quake ..and now the Australian plate is moving east .. so the story is getting more complicated and im sure there will be another one in the next 5 years to come.

15. corona_ice

corona_ice Senior Member

wah... australia moving east, that means soon when buying parts from australia will be cheaper! coz nearer!

16. TitanRev

Helmet Clan Moderator

corona...hahaha....

I think is just a matter of time only when earth quakes will hit MY hard..the earth's plate is on constant movement and we can really feel it. I hope our NGRD better start monitoring it...MY is free from quake but doesn't mean we are totally safe....our country have no drills and no experience in dealing with quakes and if its happen, god knows how much people is going to be dead...plus the tremor has caused our buildings to crack and I hope they better do something about it. Its time for us to get prepared just in case...we will never know what will happen. suddenly a 9 mag hit again...this time is not offshore and mroe closer to us...I really can't imagine...

17. XTEC

XTEC Senior Member

yes they really need to look on this matter seriously lar, if not really jialat:banghead:
    but i do doubt they got time for this thing meh:slug::slug::slug:

18. Saga Continue

Saga Continue Senior Member

not in a our lifetime probably......it will be ages before we will be in a range of an epic centre....

as of now dont have to worry if an epic centre in the straits of malacca....what im scared of if another quake that cause tsunami that can happen in middle of andaman sea and volcanic Krakatoa exploding again....now those 2 can hurt us in Malaysia in near future