Magnet will make my car fly?

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
doncityz,i agree that not all fuel saving product/device make big diff in fc/power.it would be great if you could share with us what is that & why it didn't work with some proof/review.

no worry bro,no people get furious or cry for daddy here,AFAIK there is only 1 person jumping his leg here.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
These stuff cost alot, not a 2 or 3 ringgit thingy.. IF u are con-ed to buy one, u WANT it to work regardless of its rubbishness.. Hey i bought it at rm200, i WANT to make this thing usefull so u ease up on the throttle and TA-DAH!! This thing works! Actually this magnet thingy works on YOU, not your engine/fuel line..

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Ok. Since 5115 give me green light, I will share another type of product that do not save fuel NOR increase power.

Its the... jejejengg... Voltage stabilizer & Ground Cables. *duck* *duck* (somebody throw shoe at me) Hahaha.

But seriously, this product I know it by the details of the molecules inside it. I just hope after saying this, those VS merchant wont come throw red paint at my house nia.
Here comes the hurtful truth.

VOLTAGE STABILIZER
What it is? - Its just a box with very basic electronics components on it - capacitors. These capacitors have reasonably big values (around 2200uF or above each pieces). What people do not know is, there is already a bigger capacitor in your car. It is so damn big that I think the value is somewhere around 1000 Farads. (not sure really). Where is this big capacitor? - You guessed it - its the Car battery lah!

Now imagine this. You got 1000 Farads of capacitance, then you add 0.002200 Farad more. What you get? yes. 1000.0022 Farad. Wow. That makes a lot of change? LOL!

Secondly, your onboard ECU does not require any additional regulation. Simply because it already have power supply stabilizing circuit inside it.

Someone would be sayingg: "Eh wait, they actually have graphs showing the noise is filtered after put the capacitor wor". That is true. But the high frequency noise that is caused by firing of plugs radiates EVERYWHERE. Not only through the wires. By just sticking the VS at the battery, of course the noise is reduced, but at battery terminals only. But what for? The battery isnt doing anything except supplying current and voltage (ie power). If you have a digital oscilloscope, you can put the VS at battery, and the you measure at the ECU supply pin. You'll be surprise how many noise is coming in. (But no problem since internal of ECU already have a noise suppressor - manufacturer already cater for this).

Some other person would be saying: "Eh wait.. but i really feel got power wor".. There you go, placebo effect again. I have done a test with VS famous brand (***censored***) and there is no difference. To test it, I ask my buddy to choose by himself either one, but don't tell me:
i) Put in the VS
ii) Take out the VS
We do this for 5 times and after he completed he just let me drive the car. All 5 times I have not noticed ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

GROUND CABLES.
(Boy, am I gonna get in trouble for this part! LOL!)
For new cars, don't bother, unless you like the colorful wires appearance in your engine bay.

What is the purpose of ground cables?
Just to ground all the working parts to virtual earth (ie 0V with respect to the battery voltage). All parts at your engine bay area, (like solenoids (for vtec,AT gbox, lamp,aircon compressor,etc)) are given power supply so the return route is the ground cables. If your car is new, then the ground cables should work just fine. But if your car is old, the grounding cables maybe already rusted and its resistance increased. So the power supply given is lesser since the virtual earth is no longer 0V w.r.t. battery -ve terminal. Maybe we have something like 13V when engine is running (since 1V drop in the rusty cable). So the car performance will be diminished by this. Lamp also not bright as new already, and etc.
And since batt voltage is down, so does the sparking timing and voltage - hence engine not properly combusted.

What the cables does is just to RESTORE (not increase) the car's performance. but since the change goes up, you will recognize it as increase power. Which is not. For eg, if new car, the performance is +5. Then after a while, rusty cable causes it to reduce till +4. Chg cable, it restores it to +5. That's all. No increase of power, no reduce in fuel consumption.

Ok, now shoot me. LOL!

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
10 yrs back i put magnets on the oil filter but never on fuel line... i've tuned many cars, i will tell the owner to throw it away or give ur kid to play.... or u can stuff it somewhere "private" LOL

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
tis remind me of product named microcompressor, second intake, bla bla bla...really funny when i saw in some local car magazine ads.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Ok. Since 5115 give me green light, I will share another type of product that do not save fuel NOR increase power.

Its the... jejejengg... Voltage stabilizer & Ground Cables. *duck* *duck* (somebody throw shoe at me) Hahaha.

But seriously, this product I know it by the details of the molecules inside it. I just hope after saying this, those VS merchant wont come throw red paint at my house nia.
Here comes the hurtful truth.

VOLTAGE STABILIZER
What it is? - Its just a box with very basic electronics components on it - capacitors. These capacitors have reasonably big values (around 2200uF or above each pieces). What people do not know is, there is already a bigger capacitor in your car. It is so damn big that I think the value is somewhere around 1000 Farads. (not sure really). Where is this big capacitor? - You guessed it - its the Car battery lah!

Now imagine this. You got 1000 Farads of capacitance, then you add 0.002200 Farad more. What you get? yes. 1000.0022 Farad. Wow. That makes a lot of change? LOL!

Secondly, your onboard ECU does not require any additional regulation. Simply because it already have power supply stabilizing circuit inside it.

Someone would be sayingg: "Eh wait, they actually have graphs showing the noise is filtered after put the capacitor wor". That is true. But the high frequency noise that is caused by firing of plugs radiates EVERYWHERE. Not only through the wires. By just sticking the VS at the battery, of course the noise is reduced, but at battery terminals only. But what for? The battery isnt doing anything except supplying current and voltage (ie power). If you have a digital oscilloscope, you can put the VS at battery, and the you measure at the ECU supply pin. You'll be surprise how many noise is coming in. (But no problem since internal of ECU already have a noise suppressor - manufacturer already cater for this).

Some other person would be saying: "Eh wait.. but i really feel got power wor".. There you go, placebo effect again. I have done a test with VS famous brand (***censored***) and there is no difference. To test it, I ask my buddy to choose by himself either one, but don't tell me:
i) Put in the VS
ii) Take out the VS
We do this for 5 times and after he completed he just let me drive the car. All 5 times I have not noticed ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

GROUND CABLES.
(Boy, am I gonna get in trouble for this part! LOL!)
For new cars, don't bother, unless you like the colorful wires appearance in your engine bay.

What is the purpose of ground cables?
Just to ground all the working parts to virtual earth (ie 0V with respect to the battery voltage). All parts at your engine bay area, (like solenoids (for vtec,AT gbox, lamp,aircon compressor,etc)) are given power supply so the return route is the ground cables. If your car is new, then the ground cables should work just fine. But if your car is old, the grounding cables maybe already rusted and its resistance increased. So the power supply given is lesser since the virtual earth is no longer 0V w.r.t. battery -ve terminal. Maybe we have something like 13V when engine is running (since 1V drop in the rusty cable). So the car performance will be diminished by this. Lamp also not bright as new already, and etc.
And since batt voltage is down, so does the sparking timing and voltage - hence engine not properly combusted.

What the cables does is just to RESTORE (not increase) the car's performance. but since the change goes up, you will recognize it as increase power. Which is not. For eg, if new car, the performance is +5. Then after a while, rusty cable causes it to reduce till +4. Chg cable, it restores it to +5. That's all. No increase of power, no reduce in fuel consumption.

Ok, now shoot me. LOL!
You know, youre actually a pretty smart guy, what you say makes 110% sense, grounding cables and voltage stabilisers has NOTHING to do with increasing power at all. It just as you say, restores or improves the electrical system by a fraction.

I would say the grounding cables work better on older cars where grounding isnt as good as modern cars :rolleyes:

Hey but doncityz, chill lah when you share. I mean really, every sentence is filled with anger and im sure other memebers can read feel too... You make sense but just chill haha :biggrin:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Pls don't say Im smart etc. Im just learning and continue to learn as I go. THere probably smarter guys out there.

But yeah.. I like to sound harsh in my posts. Sorry. :biggrin:

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009

Ok, now shoot me. LOL!
same la for engine oils. it does not increase power, it restores power. same for exhaust mods, it merely restore the lost power from a poor/old exhaust system. the same for brake upgrades, it does not increase braking power, it only allows full gripping (stopping) capability or your tyres. :proud:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
wow donz... u must have studied e&e at uni rite? i agree with u on all that u have stated.... what ever u stated sumwhat close to all the electronic lab testing i used to do... bravo!

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
same la for engine oils. it does not increase power, it restores power. same for exhaust mods, it merely restore the lost power from a poor/old exhaust system. the same for brake upgrades, it does not increase braking power, it only allows full gripping (stopping) capability or your tyres. :proud:
Correction - exhaust mods if done correctly by corrective tuning, it unleashes the full potential of the engine, hence there will be slight increase in torque & hp. Oem exhaust setups are designed to suppress noise and filter toxic gasses from the engine and provide as best mileage as possible. they were never a performance product unless its aftermarket.

Upgrading brakes applies as well, bigger rotor, slotted/cross-drilled, bigger calipers, more pots, steel braided hoses, brake pump...etc, if done correctly, it should increase the braking torque hence increase in braking power or, "more bite" in layman terms.

IMO, if most things just restores standard power of the car, then alot of aftermarket brands are just lies.

dorift0

Jan 15, 2010
Subang
5115, I never use magnet before.

Abt 7 years back (while I was young and naive), I also tempted. The only conjob thing I bought is the Stromberg. RM199 WTF!?

Not only there is no difference, but the bugger even introduce some noise to my FM sumore. LOL!!

But as you grow more and learn more about cars (and not limited to local scene), you tend to wise up and do a research before actually buying any of these craps.

For those who get fuel improvement using magnet: Let me tell you, it is NOT the magnet. It is a psychological/placebo effect. You anticipated the existance of the magnet in your car hence expecting the results of better fuel consumption. Your brain is telling you, unconciously, to be at ease with the pedal. And it shows finally in lower fuel consumption.

I have done this test. I have not put anything inside my car. Normal driving I get around 270km per RM35. But for one week I did a less pressing at the pedal a bit during all of my driving. Hey presto. I got 310km per RM35. Thats all it takes, your WILL to save fuel.

There is another hot product that does nothing to your fuel consumption/power too. But I think if i state it here, people would be furious, cry daddy cry mommy liao. Hahahaa
This is very old debate, few years ago I was curious, smashed a couple of hardisk and put the magnets to the fueline and mechanical fuel pumps, and it actually have some different at the low end torque, the respond improved. Maybe it was me or my butt phsycology problem, so I test my frens' butt too, they too tell me either with or without the magnets in my car, as well as their cars, it actaully have a slight different. It really does works, but it canot smoke a car nor a half length with it, but it just works.

Well, its kinda a waste to share these facts with wannabes who always wanna shoot ppl, they think they are supercars engineers, heheh. FUNNY:rofl:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Btw, engine oil memang does not increase power but it does ensure the smoothness of the engine so it can perform at its optimum be it under massive stress like races or daily driving. A good brand should assure quality and a happy healthy engine =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ariete Steam Cleaner Vapori Jet, where can I get this brand or similar price range steam cleaner as I wanna clean of the puke stain off my fabric seat. Or any sifu here have a better more budget way of cleaning it off? Steam cleaner is more of a "placebo" effect for myself because of the price.

Can any one post links of previous detailing works done on fabric seats and hard to reach door trims area done by the detailing gurus here and also recomend few products and methods best to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience