Magnet will make my car fly?

Discussion in 'Car Modification' started by donCityZ, Feb 6, 2010.

1. fstr

fstr 15 Year | Platinum
    Helmet Clan

10 yrs back i put magnets on the oil filter but never on fuel line... i've tuned many cars, i will tell the owner to throw it away or give ur kid to play.... or u can stuff it somewhere "private" LOL

2. artworkz

artworkz Senior Member

tis remind me of product named microcompressor, second intake, bla bla bla...really funny when i saw in some local car magazine ads.

3. LittleWhiteWagon

LittleWhiteWagon Senior Member

You know, youre actually a pretty smart guy, what you say makes 110% sense, grounding cables and voltage stabilisers has NOTHING to do with increasing power at all. It just as you say, restores or improves the electrical system by a fraction.

I would say the grounding cables work better on older cars where grounding isnt as good as modern cars :rolleyes:

Hey but doncityz, chill lah when you share. I mean really, every sentence is filled with anger and im sure other memebers can read feel too... You make sense but just chill haha :biggrin:

4. donCityZ

donCityZ Senior Member

Pls don't say Im smart etc. Im just learning and continue to learn as I go. THere probably smarter guys out there.

But yeah.. I like to sound harsh in my posts. Sorry. :biggrin:

5. PocketRocket

PocketRocket '(00) Mod'er
    Helmet Clan

mythbusted....hehe

6. daremo

daremo 5 Year | Silver

same la for engine oils. it does not increase power, it restores power. same for exhaust mods, it merely restore the lost power from a poor/old exhaust system. the same for brake upgrades, it does not increase braking power, it only allows full gripping (stopping) capability or your tyres. :proud:

7. corona_ice

corona_ice Senior Member

wow donz... u must have studied e&e at uni rite? i agree with u on all that u have stated.... what ever u stated sumwhat close to all the electronic lab testing i used to do... bravo!

8. PocketRocket

Helmet Clan

Correction - exhaust mods if done correctly by corrective tuning, it unleashes the full potential of the engine, hence there will be slight increase in torque & hp. Oem exhaust setups are designed to suppress noise and filter toxic gasses from the engine and provide as best mileage as possible. they were never a performance product unless its aftermarket.

Upgrading brakes applies as well, bigger rotor, slotted/cross-drilled, bigger calipers, more pots, steel braided hoses, brake pump...etc, if done correctly, it should increase the braking torque hence increase in braking power or, "more bite" in layman terms.

IMO, if most things just restores standard power of the car, then alot of aftermarket brands are just lies.

9. dorift0

dorift0 Banned

This is very old debate, few years ago I was curious, smashed a couple of hardisk and put the magnets to the fueline and mechanical fuel pumps, and it actually have some different at the low end torque, the respond improved. Maybe it was me or my butt phsycology problem, so I test my frens' butt too, they too tell me either with or without the magnets in my car, as well as their cars, it actaully have a slight different. It really does works, but it canot smoke a car nor a half length with it, but it just works.

Well, its kinda a waste to share these facts with wannabes who always wanna shoot ppl, they think they are supercars engineers, heheh. FUNNY:rofl:

10. PocketRocket

Helmet Clan

Btw, engine oil memang does not increase power but it does ensure the smoothness of the engine so it can perform at its optimum be it under massive stress like races or daily driving. A good brand should assure quality and a happy healthy engine =)

11. dorift0

dorift0 Banned

Mr 51yrs oldie guy, are you in the field of automotive engineering RnD ? Which division, what year to what year, in what car company? Hotwheels ?

Some things does have effects, but not practical. A cow's a cow, but seems like u take a cow as a dog. LOL. Keep on shootin, wannabie old man! And yes your VIOS is a SUPERCAR.....

#31 dorift0, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  12. khoo198

khoo198 Senior Member

:stupid::stupid::stupid:

13. PocketRocket

Helmet Clan

dude dorift0, i think you need not to refer other ppl by their age, its somewhat insulting and have no respect for other public users without knowing them personally

14. zac

zac Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, does dorift0 related to the famous person which being banned for dunno how many times? they sounded alike...

15. PocketRocket

Helmet Clan

I'm keeping an eye. Personal attacks are not welcomed

Back to topic please

16. LittleWhiteWagon

Dont get me wrong ar, I said your SMART not the SMARTEST :rolleyes:. Im just noticing you do research and not just buy-use-then-regret method...

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Pfft, and you? Im sure you must be a leading technician at a very reputable company to leave VERY smart comments like these! After all, nobody is smarter and can challenge your capacity of knowledge right?

And vios-wise... I hate to admit it, they can own alot of old cars stock standard :biggrin:. However, its ugly (TOTALLY no offence to owners, just not a fan) compared to older cars, so yes, suck it up dorift0 :rolleyes:

17. 5115

5115 Nobody
    Helmet Clan

Welcome back :wavey:

I don't which statement of mine makes you think in that way,anyway I know it's hard for you to get over what happened but options were given & you choose to make it this way...

We will miss you,bye~:rofl:

18. LittleWhiteWagon

Ahaha that was fast. :wavey:

19. khoo198

khoo198 Senior Member

aiyo~~~juz bought a pack of pop-corn nia~~:banghead::banghead::biggrin:

20. LittleWhiteWagon

Shows over! Haha back to topic :rofl: