Looking For Seat To Drive In MME2006

DC5_Kate

Jun 6, 2006
Bangkok
www.integra.sg
akinateo said:
MME 2006 is over..

Congratulations to all winners,

Thanks to all those who did post reply here, thanks for all the support, advise and also critics.

Akina Teo
Hi Akina, I'm from S'pore. Seems to me you have the spirit for motorsports. Maybe we can work out something for next year MME Race if you're intrested. Frankly i admire your courage of getting a seat for MME! My Salute to you!

Last edited:

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
Hie DC5_Kate,

Thanks for your support. Motorsports in Malaysia very very difficult. Especially for us who are not from any kind of wealthy family background nor related to any big guns.
Im just a normal average guy with a job who needs to pay his hardly earn salary to car installments, housing loan, credit card debts and alot more bills every month which left only a few bucks to spend on Motorsports. So hardly for those who are not in our shoe to understand what our situation is , and how keen we are into something which we love.

By the way, the Honda Civic EK photo which u had is actually the car i'm driving during the Malaysian Super Series. So are you related to JC Racing as well??

Best Regards,
Akina teo

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
hi akina,
i have been wanting to do motorsport my whole life. Sadly,like yourself, I do have other commitments and could not afford it. However, unlike you, i do not go on and on bitching on the circumstance that other people have rich parents and have better connections. Think about it this way be fair about, its not their fault that they have rich parents who can afford to let them race, this is life, accept it. Let's look at it on the other perspective, you do not blame your own parents for not being rich enough to let you race ya?
Move on bro, if you are really good enough, one day, sponsors will come. If not, move on, work harder, pay for your own drive or play with go karts. This is not just about motorsport, this is life..........

Last edited:

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
hie there nismo..

i afraid you have a misunderstand on what i posted before. I'm actually not bitching or blaming for those who belongs to the wealthy, what i'm trying to explain is for that group of people, they will have more easier way , or i can say more face to get sponsors no matter are they good or not.And i have known alot of this lucky people in the industry and they admitted as well. in this reality world, i accept the difficult way and that's why i keep on trying and trying to get sponsors here.

For example....this is just an example...doesn't mean to hurt anyone ,
our rally champion Mr Karamjit Singh.....he is so damn good but can't get sponsors
current rally star Mr Saladin... he is good and he got alot of sponsors. why? Because of.........

current integra one make star....Sharjihan Ghouse...damn good driver but finding difficulties to get sponsors...
current Integra one make leader.. Ferhan..very good driver and he got alot of big sponsors.......because of?........

so i can summaries that when you belong to that group... they live easier..
for us is abit harder only...so we need to work on something to be that group rather then sitting doin nothing waiting for people to look for us...

is all about the Money... u have money ? u have face? they provide you more chances..

u have no money? no face? go get back to work and earn more money.! ..hehehe...

No hard feeling Mr nismo....

here is just a place for us to release tension and discussion....

so if possible throw me more suggestions and ideas..... we can discuss about it..

Peace!

Akina Teo

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
akinateo said:
Hie DC5_Kate,

Thanks for your support. Motorsports in Malaysia very very difficult. Especially for us who are not from any kind of wealthy family background nor related to any big guns.
Im just a normal average guy with a job who needs to pay his hardly earn salary to car installments, housing loan, credit card debts and alot more bills every month which left only a few bucks to spend on Motorsports. So hardly for those who are not in our shoe to understand what our situation is , and how keen we are into something which we love.

By the way, the Honda Civic EK photo which u had is actually the car i'm driving during the Malaysian Super Series. So are you related to JC Racing as well??

Best Regards,
Akina teo
Kinda disagree with your comment. Im a big motorsport fan esp. circuit racing and karting session (of course rental karts) with local community amateur championship & endurance my-kart.org club event. Myself, as a normal average person like you, we dont have to bitching around to get a FREE seat in MME or any other local series.

Come on' man, if its really your interest, find a way to make yourself available in any motorsport form such event as R3 autocross (they are looking for MME driver next year?), drift, sepang track days, HPC events or my-kart.org karting session which can build more fun, friends or contacts in the future.

On the long run, the events stated above are more interesting than the MME, in terms of the people and the community. Hope you get what im trying to explain here.

Totally agree what nismo says. Tight budget then dont race. Thats the fact.

PR is the key.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
R3 Time Atttack Championship has 6 classes. Next year,the 2006 class Champions will shootout for the seats in R3's MME race car.

This year Hammond Lai, who was the Time Attack Champion of Hung Class (1601-1900cc) became part of the Proton R3 Waja that finished 3rd in class

Last edited:

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
faisal said:
R3 Time Atttack Championship has 6 classes. Next year,the 2006 class Champions will shootout for the seats in R3's MME race car.

This year Hammond Lai, who was the Time Attack Hung Class (1601-1900cc) became part of the Proton R3 Waja that finished 3rd in class
i suppose Hammond is not rich nor influential ya?
The story is, you just got to be good enough to get free rides.

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
I'd like to add a point, if u guys dont mind, is that u not only just got to be good enough in u're driving skills but be even better in selling u're image and skills.. if u're not a good sales man in that matter then maybe hiring a good marketer is one way..
take F1 for example, drivers split a good portion of their earnings to their personal manager in order for them to get a good drive. These managers will then try to sell their driver(s) to large teams/corporates for large sum of money.
To teams of course great driving skill is important but mainly most team would look for the amount of money the driver can bring into the team.
For example if u look back, Eddie Irvine is associated with a playboy, high flyer, trendy, lifestyle setter icon and thats what some corporate wants their brand to be associated with, i.e if u see Eddie using that brand and u wanna be like him, u've got to use that brand too..thats one of the reason those corporates will pay huge amount of money..
Therefore if we think we can somehow sell our image and skill to large corporate for advertising in motorsports there's a good sum of money to make and a paid drive in motorsports..
If we cant do that then just hope our lucky angels will get us a sugar mommy to ride on our lap so she'll buy us that ride in a race car.. hehehe
good luck guys
oh one more thing.. i think if our uncle Karam will somehow change his image to look like a stylish Hindi superstar just maybe he might get more result with sponsors.. ehehe no heart feeling guys..

zulu

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
mme over already... still looking for a seat to drive? If you going to bank on this thread only chances are you will get a seat for MME 2020 :)

speedwanker is quite right, there are tons of people who are good OR at least think they are, but if your image and financial backing is not there... stop dreaming dude

besides, motorsports funding and sponsors leaves more to be desired

And yes, if Karam looks like a bollywood star, he would have been in F1 by now instead of doing placebo effect fuel saver cum power products on tv

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
MArketability. That's Exactly why after so many years of trying to get a Driver into F1 only Alex has made it. Good looking, marketable, likeable. And heck a lot better driver than most Malaysians give him credit for. And now in A1 Alex is still a likeable person. with excellent PR skills.

Alex didn't come from a rich family, Uncle Yin Fah is not a Multimilionairre. Yeah sure Alex's dad was a race driver and at one point managed the Batu 3 circuit but the amount of sacrifice Alex, Phillippa and Yin Fah went through to get Alex into F1 would make most of us give up.

Akina, honestly relationship counts for a lot in motorsports, do some good PR. make contacts, especially good ones. No sponsor gonna give you something in exchange for nothing.

behaving like Jacques Villenueve ain't gonna help. Think about it.

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
yeah if the driver stuck up, thinks that the person always right, lansi, lousy image, bitching around behind PC to get free seat and bad attitude, then forget about getting FREE sponsors.

This kind of people are everywhere. So dont take it personally.

Last edited:

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
First of all,

Thanks to all bros which have throw out all the suggestions.

As what you all mention, personality is one of the point to get sponsors. Almost same as what i did try to explain earlier about the' face'. For them which have 'face' they can get sponsors abit more easier than us as a normal individual.

For us , no harm we try to beg or ask for a test drive just a chance... maybe we can impressed the sponsors. who knows.... if we never prove..no ones know how good are we... so we should give a go... make some stunts....try to get some good results.. and to prove that we are not only empty talking on how good we are without doing it. And from there we also can evaluate ourself are we fit enough to impressed the sponsors requirement such as a super record time or maybe the consistency of time lapping. Never try never no...

I have tried karting , percision driving, autocross and also rallying before. but dissapoinment on some organisers make me just fed up and not interested in that kind of event anymore. Eventhough the event costing is much more cheaper then circuit racing.

My experience and mileage on racing industry in malaysia is not that high, but i already seen alot of pros and cons , fair and unfair. Well if that is the way of some people runnig their task, me as a competitor just keep quiet and walk away from the event. No point arguing.

Well.... it just life... we choose whatever we prefer to do...
we try to achieve whatever we always dream of....
but if we try we might has a slight chance.
and if we don't try we will never ever have a single chance.

Luckily now Mr Jacky Ng from JC Racing(Amoil Motorsports) is kind enough and gave me a chance to drive his garage EK and i did impressed him during the Japan GT support Race Malaysian Super Series 2006 Round 3
and i won the Super Sixteen Class on my debut run with his civic.

Racing along with Jimmy Low in a same team with Amoil Motorsports is an every nites dream when i was first step my foot on Batu Tiga when i was 15 as a spectator.
But now 12 years later.. im driving along with them.

With this effort which i started 10 years ago... and today i achieve what i dreamed before. This shown if we put effort and we tried, no ones can gurantee what the future will be like.

Maybe after i started of this topic, for those who replied and read, there are people who supported on what i did, and there are people who disagree on what i said or did.

Diffrent people diffrent opinion.

For those who supported me, Akina Says thank You for your time and support!

And for those who been offended or not happy, Akina Says Sorry !

Peace to all the bros out there.
Akina Teo

Last edited:

nismo502

Known Member
Apr 25, 2004
Akina.
now, assuming i have a race team. 3 drivers. 2 paying for their seat and i m looking for a 3rd driver. Do you think i will pick you if I know that you went around saying how others have it easier than you and they are not neccessary better drivers than you? You will not be perceived as a team player.
This online begging for a drive thingy is not working for you. You offend more people along the way. My sincere advice, shut up, work harder with your PR. If it is not working, work harder in your 9-5job and pay for your own drive.
On another note, there are really a lot of better drivers out there than you. My 2cents opinion.

Last edited:

DC5_Kate

Jun 6, 2006
Bangkok
www.integra.sg
akinateo said:
Hie DC5_Kate,

Best Regards,
Akina teo
Hi Akina,

Im actually from S'pore Team IntergaSG. Im actually planning to built up a DC2 Track Car from JC Racing (Amoil Motorsports) for next year MME. I do support you of what you had mentioned. This year MME i was there at Amoil Pit which Jacky had gave me the Pit Crew Pass. Anyway i have another friend who might built up an EK9 Track Car either from Amoil or N1 Racing for next year MME as well. So we're actually looking for Track Lover's like us to join us in the race. Not to worry whether if you are from rich, average or poor family but we are looking more of a humble person. We are not Pro but we're racing more for our passion. Like i said, we can work out something for next year MME if you're really intrested. I believe if you're 1 of the driver for Amoil things will be even easier for us to work out on. Drop me a PM should you're keen. Cheers!

Peace to all the Bro's in here!
Everyone has it own's dream.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

planning to install clifford 2 way alarm system for my car. anybody knows the price and shop which knows how to install the alarm system?

what is the max distance for the 2 way to respond? I worry that the alarm have approx 200 to 300m only.

does the alarm comes with immo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience