Looking for S15 - Any suggestions?

jmohdazmi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
Hello Sifus,

I'm thinking to buy a S15 and going to have a look 1 unit in Cheras this Saturday. Seller put a price tag of 110k and it is yr 2002(unreg).btw its a turbo spec. Can anyone of you here give me some tips on what i need to look before i buy this car? such as bodykits, any hidden item that i should know, the price, the pros and cons of having a S15? Really appreciate it guys. I don't want to regret my entire life if buying this car is a mistake and my wife will definitely kill me.....:adore:

Cheers!!!

mie

autopartsmalaysia

Known Member
Apr 2, 2007
Hello Sifus,

I'm thinking to buy a S15 and going to have a look 1 unit in Cheras this Saturday. Seller put a price tag of 110k and it is yr 2002(unreg).btw its a turbo spec. Can anyone of you here give me some tips on what i need to look before i buy this car? such as bodykits, any hidden item that i should know, the price, the pros and cons of having a S15? Really appreciate it guys. I don't want to regret my entire life if buying this car is a mistake and my wife will definitely kill me.....:adore:

Cheers!!!

mie

RM 110k seems like a good price.
Check the AP whether is local or Sabah/Sarawak), duty paid, etc.
Check the chassis and overall car condition throughly before purchase.
You dont want to pay RM 100+K for a car that has been in a major accident.
Check for previous mods, as it will indicate what was the car used for in Japan.
DON'T believe in the mileage stated. Check for signs of wear/tear at the steering wheel, seats, gearknob surround, etc. to see whether they telly with the mileage.

eg. mileage 20,000, but the steering wheel is worn, seats are fxcked up, then you know something fishy is going on.

A stock S15 with slight bolt-ons, exhaust, filter, intercooler will do around 450-500kms per RM110 tank. Not much cons actually if you keep it stock.

Also dont judge your decision on just after seeing 1 s15, look at as many as you can before buying on.

**-*** has 11 units of S15s but all ridiculously priced. (RM 150-155k)
There's a few in OKR, Damansara, KL. Look around

Last edited:

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
RM150k is not ridiculous as those are their asking price,if u serious to purchase 1 they will lower their asking price.

But rm110k for an unreg spec R is quite ridiculous.,either as autopartsmalaysia said is sabah ap or they want to throw price.good

jmohdazmi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
Bro,

Thanks for the updates on this matter. I've seen the car last Saturday but didn't managed to look at the AP yet. Will go there again on Thursday and maybe will take up a few pictures for you guys to look if the dealer allow me to do so. Car is in stock condition. small icooler and no major mods.no leaking at the engine bay but maybe thay have washed it earlier.steering not worn out.mileage around 38k.Will bring a mech friend along for 2nd inspection. Okay, what is the difference with Sabah / Sarawak AP? Not very familiar with this thing..

thanks bro!:hmmmm:

autopartsmalaysia

Known Member
Apr 2, 2007
RM150k is not ridiculous as those are their asking price,if u serious to purchase 1 they will lower their asking price.

But rm110k for an unreg spec R is quite ridiculous.,either as autopartsmalaysia said is sabah ap or they want to throw price.good

The reason I said it is ridiculous is that they think just by adding the following :

- bodykit (fake local made bodykit, VORTEX not vertex), gt wing, etc
- air filter
- exhaust
- front mount intercooler
- rims
- coilovers if you're lucky, springs if you're not
- aftermarket seats

Does this all add up to RM 150k++ ?

as compared to buying a STOCK S15 for RM 130-135k and do it up with the balance.
I think you would get more quality parts with the balance you save as compared to an 'already done up S15'.

Not saying anything or anything but I just want to state that most of the times,
its better to buy these cars stock and do it up ourselves to our taste/preference/style/etc.

The bodykits they have put on might be there for a reason, accident repair ? etc.

my 0.00001 cent view.

autopartsmalaysia

Known Member
Apr 2, 2007
Bro,

Thanks for the updates on this matter. I've seen the car last Saturday but didn't managed to look at the AP yet. Will go there again on Thursday and maybe will take up a few pictures for you guys to look if the dealer allow me to do so. Car is in stock condition. small icooler and no major mods.no leaking at the engine bay but maybe thay have washed it earlier.steering not worn out.mileage around 38k.Will bring a mech friend along for 2nd inspection. Okay, what is the difference with Sabah / Sarawak AP? Not very familiar with this thing..

thanks bro!:hmmmm:

Please do take some pics for us to see. :proud:
It's a common practice for these type of cars to be nicely washed/polished,
some even sprayed/touched up here and there prior to displaying it in
the showroom because of small dents and/or damage during transit.

The difference with Sabah/Sarawak AP is the price.
Local AP (Semanjung, Selangor or Wilayah) would cost around RM45k-55k.
whereas, Sabah/Sarawak AP costs around RM20k-35k.
By that I'm sure you can see how much the dealer would be able to save,
hance make more from the sale of the car.

cheers.

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Bro. in my opinion, I don't think the car is a 2002 car. It might be a 1999 car and being over declared as s 2002 car. What you want to do, snap a photo of the chasis no. plate . the no should have something like GF-S15 xxxxxxx Get the whole set detail and posted it up. From there I think I can tell you whether the car is being produce at yr 99,00,01,02

Don't get con by those car dealer. I got myself con once, so don't want a fellow S15 to follow my path

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
azmi,

RM110k for a 2002 is not right. Like the guys said, get the chasis number and post it here.

Btw, are you talking about the ones in cheras autocity? The cars there looked really shabby. One of the cars didnt have the standard boost gauge pillar console but yet they claimed it to be a Spec R.

stan_76

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
possible to get it check under Puspakom???
worth the money i'd say as it gives you a report on cut-and-joined car, together with other bits too...

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
as deepshit mention u can check through the chasis no plate or see the seat belt.there is a white colour like cotton thingy located near the bottom of the belt.it got stated the manufacture year of the car.(unless they cut it or change teh hole belt)

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
The reason I said it is ridiculous is that they think just by adding the following :

- bodykit (fake local made bodykit, VORTEX not vertex), gt wing, etc
- air filter
- exhaust
- front mount intercooler
- rims
- coilovers if you're lucky, springs if you're not
- aftermarket seats

Does this all add up to RM 150k++ ?

as compared to buying a STOCK S15 for RM 130-135k and do it up with the balance.
I think you would get more quality parts with the balance you save as compared to an 'already done up S15'.

Not saying anything or anything but I just want to state that most of the times,
its better to buy these cars stock and do it up ourselves to our taste/preference/style/etc.

The bodykits they have put on might be there for a reason, accident repair ? etc.

my 0.00001 cent view.
hmm,no idea is local made bdykit or japan made bodykit.but from the pic i saw they advertise is vertex kit.

would like to ask u how u know is local made bodykit?

and yet i think if u really interested buying 1 unit,they will lower their asking price...else rm15xxxx consider on the high side...cheers

autopartsmalaysia

Known Member
Apr 2, 2007
hmm,no idea is local made bdykit or japan made bodykit.but from the pic i saw they advertise is vertex kit.

would like to ask u how u know is local made bodykit?

and yet i think if u really interested buying 1 unit,they will lower their asking price...else rm15xxxx consider on the high side...cheers

I just do. :listen:

:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My turn to do a "What car is best" thread. I'm looking for :

1. A sedan car with a big boot.
2. Resale value isn't a big deal for me.
3. Performance and comfort are vital.
4. Safety is vital.
5. Budget is 100k give or take.
6. No second hand cars. Recon might consider.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to a few cars but any additions would be welcome as long as they fit the above criteria.

1. VW Polo Sedan 1.6
2. Kia Forte 2.0
3. Ford Focus Sedan 1.8
4. Nissan Sylphy 2.0
5. Toyota...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience