Lexus Mechanic

robbies15

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys seems like some of you might have some problem issue or may need some advice about ur Lexus.

A brief info about me. I work for Lexus at Australia for 2 years so far and not to say i know everything about Lexus but i do know more than most private workshop as i work on Lexus vehicles all year round and also i do have all the resources provided by Lexus.

So let me know what i can help you guys with and also if anyone needs their car looked after or repaired i will be back at Malaysia late January and might be able to help few fellows out. Btw i will be based in KL. So drop me a pm or post your troubles here and let me see i can help any of you guys out there.

Perry Yip

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Klang
Basically, i have few question on my car.
a. loud tyre sound -need detail insulation
b. UK spec - odometer unable to show KM
c. UK spec - is there auto lock function?
d. Need the malaysia map dvd disc for the gps.
e. power steering - heard many have complains when turning (sound), mark X too.

Really nice that we have a sifu to help us out. Thx bro.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
robbies,

i have some stuff i would like to check on my lexus too - aircon temp and some others.

What exact date will you be back? a bit confused, are u based in KL or auzzie? you have your own shop?

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005

don't think this is possible, cuz Miles is in UK standard here.

robbies15

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Basically, i have few question on my car.
a. loud tyre sound -need detail insulation
c. UK spec - is there auto lock function?
d. Need the malaysia map dvd disc for the gps.
e. power steering - heard many have complains when turning (sound), mark X too.

Really nice that we have a sifu to help us out. Thx bro.
Hey Perry,

a. loud tyre sound could be because of the tyre brand or type that you are using. what sort of brand are you using as I only use Dunlop Sp Sport or Bridgestone Potenza in Australia.
b. Cant do much about your odometer as it is the cluster.
c. Yes there is alot of customize setup for locking doors. You can lock doors by speed or when selecting shift from P to others. But not sure with UK spec but i believe most likely able to do so with Toyota/Lexus Scan tool. As i have done many of this before but for Aus Spec.
d. Nope sorry cant help you with this one but i have plenty of Aus spec cds.
e. I believe you are driving a IS250? it is electronic assist and we do have some problems with a particular manufactured IS250 where you will lose power assist when driving due to malfunction of power steering rack. If you pass me you VIN number i might be able to check it for you with our system. That is if we could access your vehicle identification number on Lexus Australia site.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

robbies,

i have some stuff i would like to check on my lexus too - aircon temp and some others.

What exact date will you be back? a bit confused, are u based in KL or auzzie? you have your own shop?
Hi there.

Which model are you driving and what year and month range?? let me know what seems to be the problem with the aircond temp and other problems. Due to weather and climate difference the aircond on an average is approximately from 6celcius to 15 celcius on winter and when summer it will be around 13c to 20c. If your vehicle isnt cold at all i suspect there is a leakage or blockage on your system. If its not cold enough its probably lack of gas R134a or too much gas. Bring to a local air cond shop and get it checked out as i do not have air cond gauges when i am back in Malaysia.

I will be back roughly Jan 20 - Jan 23 not sure with the dates yet. I'm based in Aussie but i do fly back occasionally and i do service and maintainance for some peeps back home. Depends on how busy my uncle's workshop is i usually use his workshop or work at home. Depends.

Last edited:

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hey Perry,

a. loud tyre sound could be because of the tyre brand or type that you are using. what sort of brand are you using as I only use Dunlop Sp Sport or Bridgestone Potenza in Australia.
b. Cant do much about your odometer as it is the cluster.
c. Yes there is alot of customize setup for locking doors. You can lock doors by speed or when selecting shift from P to others. But not sure with UK spec but i believe most likely able to do so with Toyota/Lexus Scan tool. As i have done many of this before but for Aus Spec.
d. Nope sorry cant help you with this one but i have plenty of Aus spec cds.
e. I believe you are driving a IS250? it is electronic assist and we do have some problems with a particular manufactured IS250 where you will lose power assist when driving due to malfunction of power steering rack. If you pass me you VIN number i might be able to check it for you with our system. That is if we could access your vehicle identification number on Lexus Australia site.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Hi there.

Which model are you driving and what year and month range?? let me know what seems to be the problem with the aircond temp and other problems. Due to weather and climate difference the aircond on an average is approximately from 6celcius to 15 celcius on winter and when summer it will be around 13c to 20c. If your vehicle isnt cold at all i suspect there is a leakage or blockage on your system. If its not cold enough its probably lack of gas R134a or too much gas. Bring to a local air cond shop and get it checked out as i do not have air cond gauges when i am back in Malaysia.

I will be back roughly Jan 20 - Jan 23 not sure with the dates yet. I'm based in Aussie but i do fly back occasionally and i do service and maintainance for some peeps back home. Depends on how busy my uncle's workshop is i usually use his workshop or work at home. Depends.
Hi Robbies,

Using IS250 - Japanese Spec - My aircond is only cold when the temp is at 'LOW' anythong above that warm and hot air comes out. which is not the case iwth other jap spec IS250 in the group.

also i get a lot of rattling sounds from the front right side of the car. i would like to check what is the problem and if it could be rectified.

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Hi Robbie,

I realise the a/c condenser fan is very noisy. Is it normal Or could it the fans are in bad shape?

Thanks

robbies15

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Robbie,

I realise the a/c condenser fan is very noisy. Is it normal Or could it the fans are in bad shape?

Thanks
Hi there.. which model are you driving?? It is a good idea if you compare your car with another fellow lexus owner. This usually will give you a good idea on how it should normally sound like.

Cheers

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
I am driving a 07 UK Spec.... yeah...its was a good idea to compare with a similiar year made.

Another issue, i just notice i had an oil leak at my Crank Pulley.( Sign :Oil Stain and Wet Pulley). Suspect could be a pulley oil seal leak or maybe other factors.

1) Is this a major issue, i worry the other seal might follow to fail as well over the year ?
2) Tedoius work to replace the oil seal ?
3) Whats the reason causing the oil seal to fail?
4) Do i need to replace my engine oil during the oil seal replacement ?

Thank you.

spoonek

Known Member
Nov 26, 2005
Hi Robbies,
I am driving 2007 Japan spec IS250, i'm not sure is it everyone here got such problem, especially when i pass by the speed bump, my rpm will increase up to 2000 then my car only will respond after acceleration. Is it any problem with my gearbox? I've service my gearbox like change original gearbox oil etc. Anyone here got such experience? Please advise. Thanks!

xfuture

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
PJ
Hi Robbies,
I am driving 2007 Japan spec IS250, i'm not sure is it everyone here got such problem, especially when i pass by the speed bump, my rpm will increase up to 2000 then my car only will respond after acceleration. Is it any problem with my gearbox? I've service my gearbox like change original gearbox oil etc. Anyone here got such experience? Please advise. Thanks!
Im driving a 2006 Jp spec. nope, i don't have such problem.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Hi Robbies,

I have some questions for you.
1. How do I turn on the door auto-locking mechanism? I've checked online they say there are some manual combination way to get it works, like clicking the door lock button and bla bla bla etc.
2. Can I adjust the headlamp lights? electronically or manually? Even if toyota has the function to adjust the projecting height, such as 1,2,3... etc.
3. I do have a monitor. but it's running with HDD version not the DVD version, can i enable most of the function even I'm cruising? cause most of buttons are disabled while the car is running.

MIVEC.RS

Apr 7, 2006
Hey bro,
im havin problem with my p/steering, the ps light will go on then off . there is no p/steering at all. sent it to the mechanics an they told me to change the steering rack which would cost
Rm7900 an he told me its a 50/50 chance.....need ur help thnks

robbies15

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Pm replied

I will be around Malaysia from 31st of January onwards so if you guys are still up for a meet up lets start planning and also get numbers rolling.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yo guys and dudes here.....did LMST got any bodykit out there?

cause my friend kiss a wira.....plastic bumper dent in and inside the steel bar kemek in......quotation for repair it.....RM80

he said the plastic have to heat it up and reshape.....

i don think is worth it......beside that his right corner bumper also already crack due to last time minor-minor accident.

so guys here.....where can get any front bumper bodykit for LMST? thanks! and how much
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience