learn how to use rb machine..

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
iam new to RB machine..going to try it latter this month..So i have been to forums such as KC for some tips...this is what i stumble...Car detailer: Malaysia Car Detailing Guru presents "CAR PAINT CORRECTION HANDS ON" powered by detailien Quote from KC 'know your rotary is design to rotate clock wise - dont goes

against it start from left to right - from top to bottom place yr pad on the furthest left glide till the

furthest right glide down goes 1/2 pass on the 1st passes continue the rest & repeat

start the 1st pass at the lowest speed - for makita speed 1 then gradually moves up to speed 2 &

stay at speed 2 & back down to speed 1"

iam really confuse with the speed use for the technic 1-2-2-1 ...does this techic means we use 1-2-2-1 until the end ( if so from which part we maintain the 2 and go to 1 )..or just 1 from start to end..then we go to 2 start to end...2 again from start to end... lastly 1 from start to end... pics can be found at the link provided...hopefully all the sifu here can enlighten me ...thanks

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Wow...if you want details then it's going to be very loooonnggg...

But, briefly, here's basically how it works with *most* compounds/polishes:

Speed 1//no pressure - to spread the compound/polish
Speed 2//add a little pressure - to work the compound/polish, i.e. to cut/polish
Speed 2//no pressure - to *lightly* work the polish some more
Speed 1//no pressure - more refine polishing

Now, the above is just a simple BASIC and it *should* work on most compounds/polishes and it's a good start to learn the 'working' of the polish, i.e. when to start cutting and when to stop and start refining. When you get the 'feel' of how the compound/polish work/behave, then you can 'tweak' the speed and pressure to make it work for you, some people can even go as high as 1500rpm and it'l still work. FYI, there is no such thing as the RIGHT WAY of doing it. There are basic things that you'd need to learn and, after a good amount of practice, you'd be able to find your own way that would work for you.

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
What you were thought is just a general rule of thumb. As you go on, you will encounter different brands of polish that uses different technology and the way of using them (speed, pressure, working time) is different. But the 1-2-1 method works for most and its hard to go wrong.

Generally, start with slow speed just to spread. And then higher speed to work the polish/compound. Then back down to speed 1 to refine and finish off.

Basically I'm just repeating what Krismas said :rofl:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
come la to join me......if Muyo ca get midnight lesson
we can rock it out

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
okay2...sure love to learn from the master....hehehe please inform when the class starts....thnks kc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey sifus... I was wondering if anyone knew how to modify the Mitsubishi Digital Aircon Panel. It has a button on the top left that show the Outside Temperature. I was wondering if I can tap that sensor or connect the wires to read Water Temp or something like that.

It's a pretty neat and cost effective way to get a reading. The Outside Temp sensor is never accurate anyway, cuz its under the hood.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,

Rakuen
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience