Launched: MINI gets a jolt of Electricity with the Countryman PHEV

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Launched: MINI gets a jolt of Electricity with the Countryman PHEV

Yes, the first ever electrified MINI is here in Malaysia now and was just introduced in the form of the Countryman Plug-In Hybrid, which is based on the sophisticated compact premium brand's most successful Sports Activity Vehicle. The MINI Countryman Plug-in Hybrid will be assembled locally and is officially priced at RM 255,888

As the first of its kind, the MINI Countryman Plug-In Hybrid by default offers a petrol engine that drives the front wheels and then an electric motor that powers the rear wheels which sounds like an exciting proposition.

Combined power from the 134hp Turbo 1.5L and electric propulsion is rated at a total of 224hp and 385nm, which also makes the Countryman PHEV the torquiest MINI in its range. Performance wise, the Countryman PHEV will do zerotohundred in 6.8 seconds with a top speed reaching 198km/h. Fuel economy is claimed at 2.1L per 100KM. In full electric driving mode, the Countryman PHEV will offer up to 42km in maximum travel range at a speed of up to 120km/h

Charging the MINI Countryman PHEV is like charging any other PHEVs today. The home charging cable via conventional 230V supply will take about 5 hours to full charge while the public charge stations will replenish its e-juice to full in 3.5hours, depending on the voltage or source of the charging station.

MINI Malaysia intends to reward new owners of the MINI Countryman Plug-In Hybrid by bundling the car with its MINI Public Charging Cables as well as a 1 - year free subscription of unlimited charging at all 270 ChargeEV stations nationwide.

Differentiating the MINI Phev

The MINI Countryman PHEV will be unmistakable with its obvious indications to separate itself from the regular petrol MINIs with a very noticeable model-specific "e" badge on the side scuttles and a yellow "S" on the front grille, rear boot as well as the door sill finishers. The Countryman PHEV will also come equipped with the ALL4 body kit, 19" MINI Yours Masterpiece wheels and a charging port on the left hand side scuttle.

Colours

The body and roof colour combination for the New MINI Countryman will be offered in:
  • Chili Red
  • British Racing Green
  • Thunder Grey
  • Light White
  • Melting Silver with Black Roof
  • in Island Blue with White Roof

Mr. Kidd Yam, Head of MINI Malaysia said, “The second generation of the MINI Countryman was a tremendous success here when we introduced the vehicle in April last year. The versatile premium SAV was also very crucial in adding to the story of our record breaking performance of 1,011 vehicles delivered last year which was a positive 12% growth over 2016 where we delivered 902 vehicles. This achievement made us the second highest growing brand in the Malaysian premium segment and we are currently tracking very well as the third largest brand in the segment.”

Kidd Yam added that the New MINI Countryman also achieved a top 5-star rating in the Euro NCAP crash test. The stringent testing procedure established that the spacious MINI all-rounder, also designed for being taken off the beaten track, provides an outstanding level of protection on all seats in every situation.

Sashi Ambi, Head of Corporate Communications, BMW Group Malaysia, meanwhile said, “We are pleased to be able to introduce another premium vehicle to our Mobility of the Future portfolio here in the country. It is additionally special as it is the first for the MINI brand and will further demonstrate our expertise in working with the newest technologies for the premium automotive industry.”

Ambi added that MINI has been a pioneer of electro mobility for over a decade with the MINI E which was utilised as test beds for user and mobility behaviour. The New MINI Countryman Plug-In Hybrid shares the newest developments findings in electro mobility in the country.

The New MINI Countryman Plug-In Hybrid will be available at all authorised MINI dealerships nationwide from Friday, 6th April 2018. More on the MINI Countryman Plug-In Hybrid at https://www.mini.my/
Continue reading the Post.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

i would be sending my putra to the workshop today and i would need some advise.

recently, car started to smoke and ended i changed my wheel bearing and the disc on the left hand side cause it jam
before that 2 days , i changed clutch pressure plate and its other part.
the mechanic said my driveshaft going to kong soon and right hand side disc is bent.
and on the highway recently, i shot up to 140km/h and the whole driver door started to vibrate and wobble very badly ( it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience