latio 1.6 hatchback, swift 1.5

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeah mostly around that, but the guy where I bought my Livina plugs said he's selling for only around rm180 for 6 plugs! Not sure if really iridium ori or he misunderstood me.
Sometimes if I hear price of items that is below market price, it all seems to good to be true. It could be imitation products. The problem with car parts nowadays is, even imitations can carry the same packaging and branding which is hard to identify unless you know the specific details of the product and packaging.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah mostly around that, but the guy where I bought my Livina plugs said he's selling for only around rm180 for 6 plugs! Not sure if really iridium ori or he misunderstood me.

If not mistaken it's made by NGK also.
Btw my bad, it's not double iridium but iridium (center electrode) + platinum (outer electrode).
If RM180 for 6 plugs and are Iridium/Platinum ground is very very cheap. Saw them selling at like close to RM300....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It's ok ma, everyone will kena chop sometimes, I also like that plenty of times leh. You win some you loose some, cannot win all the time.
Don't see it as losing. Look at it as a lesson and another opportunity for growth and learning. :biggrin:

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
Look like my hunt for good condition Latio is not so easy since this car is quite old. Will try to search for few more weeks before moving to next car choice, which is Swift. It's a bit troublesome since I'm staying in Mentakab and most of d car advertised for sale is in KL & Selangor, I only have weekend to go view & inspect it. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
it's not chop. It's ori Nissan prices!
Well got chopped by Nissan then! To me if we pay anything much higher than supposed to then that means got chopped, doesn't matter by who. :biggrin: Anyway all list price published by car brands are always much higher than they are supposed to be, no surprise there. Just changing the Denso/Aisin/Kayaba box with Nissan/Toyota/Honda will put 50% or more premium in price, so that;s got consumer got chopped lor.

Look like my hunt for good condition Latio is not so easy since this car is quite old. Will try to search for few more weeks before moving to next car choice, which is Swift. It's a bit troublesome since I'm staying in Mentakab and most of d car advertised for sale is in KL & Selangor, I only have weekend to go view & inspect it. :bawling::bawling::bawling:
Just be patient, hunting a used car is always like that. Sometimes it can take me months to find one so don't buy used car in urgency.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Take your time and get a good unit, rather than rush and get a lemon.......lol:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Swift trust me is a better drive. My sis in law has an auto Swift, a Honda Jazz and I have test driven the Latio basic model. Between the three I strongly dislike the Jazz because of the back breaking suspension of the top variant but the lowest end one surprisingly isn't that bad. But it's not for me.

Latio was meh. Not CVT but still quite a dull car looks wise, driving dynamis, etc.

Swift wasn't that great in terms of acceleration but possibly because my sis-in-law drives slow and probably ruined the run-in of the car but cornering stability is good and I've dismantled the interior of the car too. Everything is clips! Pros and cons to that. Sooner or later the panels will have gaps due to age, wear and tear, etc but imagine how easy it would be strip everything down.

Between the 3 I like the Swift but Latio has more rear legroom. But if it's not meant to be a people carrier and just a point A to point B car, the Swift is a better car and is more economical supposedly. This I never got to test but my SIL says her Swift gets between 12 to 14km/L which is Myvi territory.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
Thanks for d opinion bro, very much appreciated since i don't have any past experience with this car.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
I end up buying Suzuki Swift of year 2012.Condition is good with mileage of 41k km. Mileage doesn't look like tempered but who know, plus overall car condition is good. Hopefully the car got no hidden problem. Thanks everyone for your kind opinion and experience sharing. :driver::driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When looking at oversea selling Motul 800 road racing 2T for +-US$17 and we are getting it at +-RM133 per bottle, I think it is too much. So, I'm wondering if volume can bring down the price a bit. Mix product purchasing also can, like x bottle of different engine oil + x bottle of different 2T.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience