latio 1.6 hatchback, swift 1.5

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
STD refer to which meaning.....got many in my mind. lol...

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Bro izso, read in racenotrice about depo racing Gauge.
Any feedback. Please.
Sorry I hijack.
The depo racing gauge is a cheap and cheerful gauge. Been using for a while. No issues. It came with great sensors too. Dunno about the current batch though.

I just told him that few days ago. He say spend so much money to cure STD, lying to himself it's ok to live with STD.
Already spent so much, can't afford to just throw the car away and buy a new one la. Might as well use it while it works great. I'll get rid of it in time.

And not all fault can be detected using OBDII....:hmmmm:
DAMN RIGHT. STUPID OBD2 PORT.

Bro, don't scare me la. Is Nissan that bad? Coz i got no experience with both of this car. Yesterday I went down all the way from Mentakab to KL just to test drive d Latio car, reach d shop and no people there. Call & confirm with the salesman before departing, he said got people at shop. So, can only view the car outside without seeing inside part. Waste my time & money only. Sumore raining cats and dogs. :mad::mad::mad:
I don't know about the Latio engine layout. If it's a MR16 engine or MR18 which is basically a smaller version of my MR20 engine, then you will cry whenever the car needs repairs. The list of things I've changed so far :

- 4 coils RM160 a coil
- 8 spark plugs (2 packs of 4.. one pack burnt off) - ori Nissan plugs are Iridium. RM220 a pack to RM300 depends on where you buy it
- Fuel pump, fuel regulator and fuel filter is one assembly. RM1400
- Manifold gasket (rubber) RM230-260
- Throttlebody gasket (rubber) RM50
- ATF Filter (metal mesh) RM240
- ATF Filter (paper) on the cooler/heater side RM90 to 140 depending on where you buy
- ATF pan metal gasket RM260. I opted to buy thicker gasket paper and cut myself. Risky but so far no leak
- CVT oil NS2 from Nissan RM180 a 4L can
- Lower arm and bushes RM480 one side
- O2 sensor primary RM400 secondary RM280 to 300
- Alternator RM1700 stolen unit price ori part
- Engine mountings (all 4) RM1800 to RM2000
- Engine dampener RM160 to RM180
- Absorbers. Don't know ori price cuz I opted to custom build mine at PRS to be serviceable. RM140 for one absorber. RM100 per piece for servicing which is WAY cheaper than buying new.

This car shares a lot of parts with the Livina and Latio. So prepare to puke if anything breaks.

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I don't know about the Latio engine layout. If it's a MR16 engine or MR18 which is basically a smaller version of my MR20 engine, then you will cry whenever the car needs repairs. The list of things I've changed so far :

- 4 coils RM160 a coil
- 8 spark plugs (2 packs of 4.. one pack burnt off) - ori Nissan plugs are Iridium. RM220 a pack to RM300 depends on where you buy it
- ATF Filter (paper) on the cooler/heater side RM90 to 140 depending on where you buy
- ATF pan metal gasket RM260. I opted to buy thicker gasket paper and cut myself. Risky but so far no leak
- Absorbers. Don't know ori price cuz I opted to custom build mine at PRS to be serviceable. RM140 for one absorber. RM100 per piece for servicing which is WAY cheaper than buying new.

This car shares a lot of parts with the Livina and Latio. So prepare to puke if anything breaks.
Wah your prices seems a bit higher.
My Livina coil on plugs was rm125/pc.
Spark plugs @rm140/set of 4.
Manifold rubber gasket, I think under rm150.
The rest haven't change. ATF oil has changed but forgot how much, but not cheap also coz it was done in SC.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The depo racing gauge is a cheap and cheerful gauge. Been using for a while. No issues. It came with great sensors too. Dunno about the current batch though.

Already spent so much, can't afford to just throw the car away and buy a new one la. Might as well use it while it works great. I'll get rid of it in time.

DAMN RIGHT. STUPID OBD2 PORT.

- 4 coils RM160 a coil

Orang kaya car....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Maintaining a MR20 Sylphy engine sounds even more expensive than old performance engines like B series VTEC, 4A-GE, 4G92 MIVEC...

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb

- 4 coils RM160 a coil

Fuhh..damn kaw2 la bro, make me think twice to buy Latio. No wonder Sylphy second hand value so low, maintenance is high.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Fuhh..damn kaw2 la bro, make me think twice to buy Latio. No wonder Sylphy second hand value so low, maintenance is high.
If I am not mistaken, Latio is using the HR series engine, similar to Livina and Almera. Not the same with MR series engine found in Sylphy.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
If I am not mistaken, Latio is using the HR series engine, similar to Livina and Almera. Not the same with MR series engine found in Sylphy.
Yup, checked and its HR16DE engine. Latio maintenance shall be not as expensive as Sylphy i guess.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wah your prices seems a bit higher.
My Livina coil on plugs was rm125/pc.
Spark plugs @rm140/set of 4.
Manifold rubber gasket, I think under rm150.
The rest haven't change. ATF oil has changed but forgot how much, but not cheap also coz it was done in SC.
:sleep:

So cheap. MR and HR engine layout not same I guess. Your spark plugs are iridiums too?

Nissans in general all have no resale value. Except all the skylines and R35s. But R35 depreciation is crazy also. But for some goddam reason the SR20DET engines are bloody expensive!!

Yup, checked and its HR16DE engine. Latio maintenance shall be not as expensive as Sylphy i guess.
Yes I guess. But I wouldn't risk it. Besides the Swift is a nicer drive. Especially manual

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

So cheap. MR and HR engine layout not same I guess. Your spark plugs are iridiums too?

Nissans in general all have no resale value. Except all the skylines and R35s. But R35 depreciation is crazy also. But for some goddam reason the SR20DET engines are bloody expensive!!

Yes I guess. But I wouldn't risk it. Besides the Swift is a nicer drive. Especially manual
But Nissan and Toyota used to be top in resale value, or maybe during Datsun time......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Any car also have breakdown.
As the list by bro izso. Is not one time smack down kut...koyak loh :biggrin:
Anyway, bro Jon_unai. Wife choose mah...lol. She happy , u poket sakit. Jokes lah...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Actually, I won't say R35 have much value. Now, used R35 can be bought for under RM300k. Few years ago, to get a R35, you need at least RM400k and above. For Skyline, only R34 can hold some value. R32 is okay while R33 value is worse than R32. Newer V series Skyline don't worth much either. Fairlady series is also dropping in value very quickly. Only the S chassis cars like Silvia, 180SX seems to hold good value.

But Nissan and Toyota used to be top in resale value, or maybe during Datsun time......lol
Old school Nissan and Toyota got value. But for Honda, they don't have much value for old models during 1970s. Honda those days are not as influential as Nissan and Toyota.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Old school Nissan and Toyota got value. But for Honda, they don't have much value for old models during 1970s. Honda those days are not as influential as Nissan and Toyota.
Honda civic came out in 70's, that time so new sure no resale value, but look at them now......:driver:
My second hand Honda Accord 3 door, I bought at RM15k, I sold at RM18k after a few years usage.......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Honda civic came out in 70's, that time so new sure no resale value, but look at them now......:driver:
My second hand Honda Accord 3 door, I bought at RM15k, I sold at RM18k after a few years usage.......lol
Those days, Honda don't have much notable cars. I think the good ones during those days are Corolla, Bluebird, Sunny, 808.

Your Accord is during Honda's rise to fame era. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Those days, Honda don't have much notable cars. I think the good ones during those days are Corolla, Bluebird, Sunny, 808.

Your Accord is during Honda's rise to fame era. :biggrin:
Have always been Toyota and Datsun (Nissan), Corolla vs Sunny.

Honda Accord 1st Gen....lol

Honda started car with bike engine 350cc....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Motorheads everywhere must be salivating after seeing the Super GT Nissan Latio by Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) recently at the 2007 Super GT Malaysia. To successfully modify any car...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience