Latest proton perdana

p3jal

1,000 RPM

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
look more better this perdana! LOVE it =D but the price i dunno le.. uhuhhu..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Is this confirmed?

At least P1 is open to the idea of taking proven platforms and rebadging. I wouldn't mind buying an Inspira over the Lancer. I wouldn't mind buying Perdaccord over the old gen Accord. Don't like the P1 logo? Rebadge it yourself lor! :biggrin:

I say good decision to rebadge. I just hope they keep the K24 engine and not replace it with a Campro CFE
Yes, I think is confirm as it stated both 2.0L and 2.4L source from Honda.
So, I would say is like Inspira using Lancer GT engines.

So those Honda Accord, resale value are gonna drop like Lancer GT. For the same price, I might be able to get a 2.4L Accordana than a used Honda Accord 2.4L. So really good bye to that previous Honda Accord. Guess lots of owners are gonna be so mad like what happened before to Lancer owners.

Well, is better than buying a new Perdana with Campro engine, now buying a Honda Accord with Proton Badge. Guess some would try to get the reflector installed and change emblems Honda haha!

Very well said bro.

After 30 years in operation, having acquired Lotus, participated in rally & yet they are still re-badging other manufacturer's car, it's indeed a sad sight to behold.

Call me unpatriotic for not supporting home grown brand, the sad fact is that rather being the pride of the nation, Proton have become a liability to the nation. Because of Proton, we are paying more for car & with that, to a lot of us, our dream cars will still remain a dream to many, a dream that we may not be able to achieve in this life.

Still recalled my stint in Dubai a couple of years back where cars are dirt cheap. For below 50k, you are spoilt for choice & the monthly instalment cost much much lesser that what i have to pay for my daily meals & rental. Yup, for what i need to pay for my meal & rental per month, probably i can own a Porsche / a Corvette / Camaro / Dodge SRT or a handful of other performance / luxury cars :banghead:
Ya man, remember a friend told me I could get a used Supra for about less than 3K pounds. Not sure how true but he lives there so he told me that. Sad but what to do.... :bawling:

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Is this confirmed?

At least P1 is open to the idea of taking proven platforms and rebadging. I wouldn't mind buying an Inspira over the Lancer. I wouldn't mind buying Perdaccord over the old gen Accord. Don't like the P1 logo? Rebadge it yourself lor! :biggrin:

I say good decision to rebadge. I just hope they keep the K24 engine and not replace it with a Campro CFE
I think so. According to paultan, " And like the Accord, the new Proton Perdana is available with either a 2.0 litre and 2.4 litre engine, both sourced from Honda."

And I'm not sure proton will sell this model to public or just keep for government servant use.

This one is official PM cars right? that is why is longer....:driver:
Ya. This 1 special design for our 'beloved' PM.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, is better than buying a new Perdana with Campro engine, now buying a Honda Accord with Proton Badge. Guess some would try to get the reflector installed and change emblems Honda haha!
I guess many Honda emblem will end up missing.....hahahahahaha:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup...bigger entrance n exit just so her head cld fit...But I think needs a few inches more to fit her ass...
Maybe remove the center seat, and extend one rear passenger seat bigger using up the middle seat space. LOL!

fazidk

3,000 RPM

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
X la bro stil x b enuff...she needs to come in n out from d rear boot...N a 3-seater sofa s her seat (x sure whether can sti b enuff to fit her ass or x)...X to mention a cabrio-style moon roof for her head n x mess dat pile-a-shit she calls hair on her head...

Last edited:

esthapo

Trail Bomber

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
The 1st 3000 unit will be sent to.....ministers...after that only can sell to public....

haaaiiissshhhhh hope protong burn to hell...if not bcoz of proton, I'll be driving a brand new F10 M5 right now :banghead:

bera

500 RPM

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
is proton hiring car designer...?? i want to apply coz i really know how to use a photocopy machine...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I am one of those who condemns Proton. Here's why:

1. They are overly protected by cronies and government they produce crappy cars.
2. Malaysians are forced to buy Proton because they cannot afford a Honda.
3. Proton is selling their cars at a higher price to Malaysians than in other countries. E.g. Australia Preve.
4. Proton SC personnels are not all well trained or monitored.
5. etc etc i lazy to type. Summary is: In the end, they still build crappy cars.

So...people complain when Proton rebadge some cars. People complain when Proton builds their own. Perodua did the same like too i.e. rebadging cars but it seems not nobody really condemns them. Why?
Proton started off in automotive industry by rebadging Mitsubishi model and came out with Saga, Iswara, Wira, Satria, bla bla bla. Many people complain too at that time. Then there were these few batches of proton cars were quite good. For example, proton wira. Many users were happy and start to believe in Proton which is a good thing. So Proton then started to build their own cars with their own knowledges and experiences. Result? Proton Waja, Gen-2, Savvy, bla bla bla....and they were? CRAP! (Excuse my language and honesty). The first few batches of waja and gen-2 have so many problems. The knowledge and experience - kapult, gone, vanish and so does the faith of many people.
Ok so they know that they have to do something to earn $$. Tadah ~ Saga and Persona. Are they great cars? Well you decide. Then they have a trade with Mitsubishi and rebadge the Lancer. Just change the bumpers design, logo, rims, and tadah ~ great car and value for the money. Or is it? Basically what you get in an Inspira is cheaper materials being used in a lancer shell. Proton is selling the Inspira at 75k? Well lets remove the absurd tax from a Lancer and compare again. Will the price be so much different? Hmm...and you get Japanese quality and localized Mitsubishi service compared to Malaysia plastic with Proton SC.
The Preve and Suprima, well so far there werent many complains on these cars because if you throw a stone towards the highway, chances of you hitting Supra Fanatics is higher than you actually hit a Preve or Suprima. So I have no comment on these models and I hope they do well and do not disappoint again.
And now they rebadge the Accord which is an older model somemore. It is a benefit for Malaysians who cant really afford a Honda Accord because with a lower price, we can get something similar. Well, it is either Proton untung sama you, or the government untung sama you. To me, they are both the same. But why does Proton needs to rebadge some other cars again? Cant they produce their own ALL NEW PERDANA? Ok lets say rebadging an Accord is easier and probably much more profitable. But lets look at KIA and Hyundai. Their cars were not so good in the yesteryears. Now, they have became one of the market leaders in some big countries. I am ashamed. That is why I condemn and complain I guess.

Why not many bash Perodua pulak ? Double standard and just being a hypocrite ka? Nope. Yes perodua does not really produce a car on their own (only second gen kancil, if i were right). But their cars are much more reliable and consistent than Proton. Ya at first we complain that they cannot produce their own cars, but if the product the make is good...nowadays who cares? And they have moved forward too. Now they produce myvi to be sold as Daihatsu Sirion in Indonesia. That means it is some sort of Daihatsu Indonesia is rebadging the myvi. A japanese company has confidence of selling cars manufactured in Malaysia.

Of course, people buy Perodua because they cant afford a Toyota. But at least the car doesnt give you high blood pressure after 5 years.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
is proton hiring car designer...?? i want to apply coz i really know how to use a photocopy machine...
A very risky position now. You might get retrenched because they don't need the designers anymore if they were to decide to rebadge the cars

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Very well said bro.

After 30 years in operation, having acquired Lotus, participated in rally & yet they are still re-badging other manufacturer's car, it's indeed a sad sight to behold.

Call me unpatriotic for not supporting home grown brand, the sad fact is that rather being the pride of the nation, Proton have become a liability to the nation. Because of Proton, we are paying more for car & with that, to a lot of us, our dream cars will still remain a dream to many, a dream that we may not be able to achieve in this life.

Still recalled my stint in Dubai a couple of years back where cars are dirt cheap. For below 50k, you are spoilt for choice & the monthly instalment cost much much lesser that what i have to pay for my daily meals & rental. Yup, for what i need to pay for my meal & rental per month, probably i can own a Porsche / a Corvette / Camaro / Dodge SRT or a handful of other performance / luxury cars :banghead:
Still, Dubai's high cost of living.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
as i was returning home last nite, suddenly there was a "clunk-clunk" sound continuously the higher i rev the higher the sound become & also my steering becomes heavy.......i tot farked man, not my gearbox again........or worst timing belt putus........so then i searched for the problem & sound....finally found it....my crank pulley was wobbling....& the screw attached to it (the 1 need to open when changing the auxilary belts & timing belt) was cracked.........

so wat could the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience