Latest proton perdana

dieung

Sep 16, 2009
Sarawak
What can I say? Speechless~ everytime proton disappointed me. My friend saw the news this morning and said want to sell his accord already.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
similar with inspira..platform, engine, powertrain, control unit, safety, all from honda...

dont have much info though..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What can I say? Speechless~ everytime proton disappointed me. My friend saw the news this morning and said want to sell his accord already.
The Accordana is last gen Accord, which has the same 2L engine as the current Accord. The current Accord's 2.4L has EarthDreams tech, which I think won't be available on the Accordana.

ALL this for lower price than Honda. Imagine buying previous gen Accord for a price lower than current Civic. I would say it is not a bad deal.

Why are you disappointed?

I don't know what Malaysians want really.

Proton make their own (shit) cars like Preve and Supramaniam S, people disappointed (like me)
Proton stick their logo on good cars like Mitsubishi Lancer & Honda Accord, people disappointed (like you)

Proton probably asking, apa lanjiao you mau?
I can answer. I mau Proton tutup kedai, excise and import duty removed, cars same price as USA. Then we can drive real Accords and real Lancers instead of fake ones. Everybody wins.

FYI Malaysia's cars are among the most expensive in the world.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dude, it's using the K24A engine which is the same as 8th gen honda accord.

Honda Accord (Japan and Europe eighth generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Is this confirmed?

I'm so proud to know, the emblem is made in Malaysia.
nothing to shout about, just copy & paste like what proton did with the inspira-lancer.
At least P1 is open to the idea of taking proven platforms and rebadging. I wouldn't mind buying an Inspira over the Lancer. I wouldn't mind buying Perdaccord over the old gen Accord. Don't like the P1 logo? Rebadge it yourself lor! :biggrin:

I say good decision to rebadge. I just hope they keep the K24 engine and not replace it with a Campro CFE

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
The Accordana is last gen Accord, which has the same 2L engine as the current Accord. The current Accord's 2.4L has EarthDreams tech, which I think won't be available on the Accordana.

ALL this for lower price than Honda. Imagine buying previous gen Accord for a price lower than current Civic. I would say it is not a bad deal.

Why are you disappointed?

I don't know what Malaysians want really.

Proton make their own (shit) cars like Preve and Supramaniam S, people disappointed (like me)
Proton stick their logo on good cars like Mitsubishi Lancer & Honda Accord, people disappointed (like you)

Proton probably asking, apa lanjiao you mau?
I can answer. I mau Proton tutup kedai, excise and import duty removed, cars same price as USA. Then we can drive real Accords and real Lancers instead of fake ones. Everybody wins.

FYI Malaysia's cars are among the most expensive in the world.
Very well said bro.

After 30 years in operation, having acquired Lotus, participated in rally & yet they are still re-badging other manufacturer's car, it's indeed a sad sight to behold.

Call me unpatriotic for not supporting home grown brand, the sad fact is that rather being the pride of the nation, Proton have become a liability to the nation. Because of Proton, we are paying more for car & with that, to a lot of us, our dream cars will still remain a dream to many, a dream that we may not be able to achieve in this life.

Still recalled my stint in Dubai a couple of years back where cars are dirt cheap. For below 50k, you are spoilt for choice & the monthly instalment cost much much lesser that what i have to pay for my daily meals & rental. Yup, for what i need to pay for my meal & rental per month, probably i can own a Porsche / a Corvette / Camaro / Dodge SRT or a handful of other performance / luxury cars :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

come here to give tips and hints about the 2way alarm.

i am using King Eagle. Functional wise is pretty good though the communication range doesnt seems to be as far as stated.

- Question on remote start.

My system crank 'abit' longer than normal turn-key start. Is not axactly overcranking. During normal key start my car only require half second crank whereby the alarm system crank for a second lo.

currently the 'stop-cranking' sensor is connected to 'Check oil pressure'. So i wonder...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience