KL City Grand Prix

tjwoon

Jul 21, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Is anyone going to the Grand Prix this weekend?
Walkabout tickets are only RM50 - I'm quite interested in going just to see what it's like :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tjwoon

Jul 21, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I dunno leh... I think maybe the whole track will be fenced up? Probably can only see the cars if you are within the paid zones.

Or if your office is next to the track like vr2turbo says :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
go rumah ayam high up can watch free...along with other compliments too (paid) :rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Too bad im at another side of jalan ampang...if not then i can have free watch..

RM50 u can go in and walk around and watch from the side. Its not the best view but its also not a bad view. And u get to hear those car roar!! I have been to Formula E in Putrajaya before earlier this year but the gap between buildings in PJY is big. This would be fun even if u r just near the track..the engine noise, the tyre noise, the crashing sound...its all loud and fun when u r standing near.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
walkabout RM50 is pricey...standing at pagar only...panas...

F1 i think below RM100..can sit on grass...got trees...

granstand all RM350...

will see if can view from menara KL open deck...can view whole track...lol
RM105 only..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'll bet you'll have some morons throwing their rubbish on the track.
As long not undergarments. That will totally distract the drivers or caused accidents.

tjwoon

Jul 21, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Well I bought the tickets. Hope can share some photos here over the weekend. Most of my photos should be taken on film though :P

tjwoon

Jul 21, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Not many photos on my phone. In no particular order:

I saw a golden Lambo crash into the barricades just across the track from me today. Driver then restarted the engine and tried to reverse out of the barricades, but failed. About a dozen crew came to push and drag the car to no avail... Then a pick up truck almost drifted onto the track to tow it out :D

After that the Lambo started spewing out white smoke so the driver exited and let his car be towed out.

The damage to the chassis (and even to the bodywork) seemed much much less severe than the blue Lambo above though. Dunno what happened to that poor guy.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I watched from the street side at KLCC yesterday. Lazy to go today. Probably will really watch only next year when the V8 series really race here and not just exhibition like now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We are glad to announce that Promote now has a new Rev 2.0 bumper made of Kevlar re-inforcement. You now have an option to choose the Kevlar version at RM850 which is made upon request. With Kevlar re-inforcement, a full layer of Kevlar is re-inforced to the bumper with the existing design, whereby improving Promote's durability to a much higher level.

This is ideal for those who want the ultimate in looks and quality...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience