Kidnap Fraud case

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
This morning I received an anonymous call from and unknown phone number. On the other end, I heard a guy around the age of 25+ crying and speaking in Mandarin asking for help and claim that he was kidnap and was beaten....The conversation goes something like this:

Phone rings*
Me: Hello??
Caller: Dad, can you please help me, I've been kidnap..(Mandarin)
Me: Who are you??
Caller: Dad, please help me, they beaten me up until I'm bleeding..
Me: Who are you??
Caller: Dad, please come and save me...
Me: Who are you?? Wrong number la....

*Then the phone hung up

Now...not to be cold blooded. Would a victim be so dumb to mistakenly called another guy as the father? 2nd, I didn't know I have a son...woah. This is clearly a fraud case. Then I told my mother in law and she said an aunty around town also got cheated by a phone call like this.

I'm going to Maxis later to see if they can provide me the details and number of the caller then lodge a police report. The reason of this thread is to warn others and inform your parents of such act so that they don't fall victim to these fraud cases. Guys just be cautious...do inform your friends, parents and relatives.....more and more of these cases popping out.

Update:
The caller never called back as of 1:51PM

Update:
Made police report at 4:12PM before this went to Maxis but they required a police report.

Update:
7 Sept. I went back to Maxis for the 2nd time. They say to provide info only to the police. T_T if the police request for the caller's details. Wasted my time going to Maxis...guess I gonna bother the police again to rush them to get the details....Sigh....if I was the baddies, would have be abroad by then...

Here's a picture of the call today. Received the call at 9:12AM..I was still sleeping...:mad:

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
should be in china, sometimes i rcvd those kinda calls, a china girl speaking in mandarin...trying to sell something, but looks like an outstation number.

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
could the victim be in a very traumatic situations, could dialled a wrong number and cried his heart out ?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
could the victim be in a very traumatic situations, could dialled a wrong number and cried his heart out ?
I don't think so. I forgot to add, I heard music and sound noises behind the voice. Since it's an unknown number, it's from a hand phone. I even repeatedly ask him who is he..but he just ignore my question. If he would accidentally dialed a wrong number. He won't keep calling me dad...

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
TR...do u forget abt u have an illegitimate child?? *cabut*

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I guess next time if we have an unknown number, which I know most hp now can do recording during phone conversation. Is best to switch the recording on in case such things happen again, we will have a solid proof of that call.

Just don't panic if you receive a call from someone stating that your child have been kidnap and worse of all you will never be able to get through your child's handphone number. This happened before as there will be more than one of them in this fraud case. One will keep calling and delay your child's number so that no calls can reach him/her. The other will be calling you to demand some ransom for your child's safe return.

Just stay calm and try to search at a place that your child last told you that he/she will be going to. *sigh...*

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Danz...i also receive a lot of those china calls...wierd. i always bluff i dunno mandarin n speak BM with them. they'll normally just hangup hehehe

TR...i agree with u going to maxis n checking it out...did maxis come back with any info? it could be a scam or it could be real so better to have done something bout it than just leaving it as is. did he wait for u to finish talking when he was asking for help?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Arturo, no the guy just keep on crying and telling me got kidnap and beaten up until bleeding. I keep asking him question he just like didn't hear. The whole situation, I only heard 1 person's voice, no other voices, only music and some noises behind...I highly suspect that it is real because already got 3 to 4 person received the same phone call stating got kidnap and need money.

I've already made a police report and tomorrow will be going back to Maxis to get the caller's number and info then pass the info to the police.

Khoo, how can it be my son. The guy's voice is about my age..impossible...you also know my age la...

1 thing I have to say. If it's a real case I will do all I can to help. If its those F*cking con men using people's sympathy and trying to cheat ppl. I hope they would have a painful death.

I think such tactics was used before and it appeared on the newspaper also as some people was conned from such tactics.

Last edited:

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
easy way to get those china calls to hang up , say in english " Hello ? what ? can u speak english ? " or BM or Indian for that matter. Anything other than mandarin will end the call.

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Same thing happened to my mum. Exactly like what TitanRev said, caller called up speaking in mandarin asking dad for help as he's beaten up by people. Can't remember who closed the call first but my mum called me straight away knowing that I dont speak mandarin and also calling her "dad".

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
its supposed to be mandatory to register your phone line in Malaysia...and there's nothing that the telco provider cant filter out as long as the calls are made thru their servers, even the approximate location of the originating caller by cell triangulation. i dont understand why is it so hard to catch these sort of culprits. lack of will?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sounds about right arturo, lack of will indeed.. its a serious problem imo

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
I believe this is could be a scam. The caller are randomly calling using private numbers for a random 'hit' on would be parents. Parents are sure kancheong about their kids and using this traumatic psychology, if the hit is positive they would call for cash.

This is another spin-off from the 'grandparent scam' where the scammer would call claiming to be grandson/granddaughter and ask the receiver to wire/transfer money for an emergency.

In recent times not too long ago there is a sms cum phone scam from 'AMBANK' informing you that 'your' credit card was being used for fraudulent charges and that you should contact customer service centre by calling the number given.

And there is phone scam involving impersonation of Court Officials. Generally, the scammer would accuse the victim of being involved in criminal offences such as money laundering or criminal activities and that he/she had failed to attend a Court hearing to answer criminal charges. The phone call is then transferred to an accomplice who would instruct the victim to transfer money that was deemed to be 'gained by illicit means' to a bank account in order to exonerate him/her from the criminal charges.

All these are old tricks, but not many people are aware. The best thing are these mother-fucking arsholes are very good in preying on their 'victims' and working on their psychology. Those who 'afraid' of problems tend to be hasty, worried and eager to kautim the problems are the prime target.

xand

Known Member
Apr 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
called by these syndicates twice, to my office phone. it was a coincidence that i was reading a news about a man been cheated by this when they first called. too bad, i'm not married yet and don't have any child, didn't caused the panic on me. same sentences used by them, and i keep telling him wrong number. before he hang up, changed back to his adult voice speaking hokkien foul language. wtf!
why can't the gov just barred and banned the usage of "Unknown" IDs on telecommunications? police can easily trace these guys, but lack of man-power... too busy checking namewee's video? or they also share the loot with these guys?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,
I'm new around here.

Well..I would like to know, is it worth it if I install/convert my Wira to a Lancer GSR machine?

Do anyone here know the market price for the half cut?

Regards.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience