KIA...who're the parents??

bongo1800

May 3, 2005
HI...
i've been thinking for this for sometime now...
all malaysians should've by now known that...
protons are childs of mitsu
peroduas are childs of daihatsu
mazdas and fords are siblings...

and i've heard that
daihatsus are childs of toyota
hyundais are childs of mitsu oso

with that so called cross tech...
but which giants giv birth to KIA??
can any KIA fans tell me??

jai

Apr 20, 2005
seremban
kia engine produce by mazda. but only the engine supply by masda (power plant only!). gearbox is by kia itself. because kia is new in this automotive industries, compare to mazda, kia auto gearbox ratio is vary bad!

bongo1800

May 3, 2005
KIA power plants are from mazda??
where do u get this info??
any website that i should go??

what about chasis, bodyparts...

jai

Apr 20, 2005
seremban
i dont remember were i saw it! if find the article when i searching what engine the same as my kia sephia. if u type kia and mazda in search engine, there a lot of link! kia and mazda only dealing on the engine only!

rodneyk

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Penang
I believe spectra is using mazda's B6D based on their bore and stroke size
the stroke size is exactly 0.2mm different from spectra's GL6D engine.

Another reason I am saying this is based on the engine mounting shape. If you compare B6 and B8 engine mountings with spectra's engine mounting, it is of the same shape. The only difference is in size or slight difference in the bolt and nuts. The shape is exactly the same.

As for the gearbox I am not quite sure but the sensor for the gearbox is definitely a replica of mazda's with a little modification.

Also if you take out your engine cover and compare your engine head with mazda's. You'll see that spectra's engine is fitted with another engine head so that it doesnt look like mazda's. Just look carefully around the lining where your engine head screws are. You'll notice it is sort of a double layer.

Do correct me if I am wrong. But I am wondering about the ECU.

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
the carnival/ria uses same chassis as the Mazda MPV (thats the name of the van) if not mistaken

D1-dori-dori

Jan 1, 2005
sepang curcuit
N
yeah.. i herd tht b4 too... KIA engine is by mazda... n de ECU is if i'm not mistaken is by lotus... cos i'm drivin KIA too... lolzzz all this information i get from my mechanic...

rodneyk

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Penang
D1-dori-dori said:
yeah.. i herd tht b4 too... KIA engine is by mazda... n de ECU is if i'm not mistaken is by lotus... cos i'm drivin KIA too... lolzzz all this information i get from my mechanic...
are you sure that the ecu is by lotus?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Anyone thinking of Kia Carnival 2002 with bolt-on turbo?

D1-dori-dori

Jan 1, 2005
sepang curcuit
N
i'm not very sure on it... tht's wat my mechanic told me... so if i'm wrong plz correct me.. thanks

rodneyk

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Penang
I see. You driving spectra as well? How is the car? what year?

D1-dori-dori

Jan 1, 2005
sepang curcuit
N
i'm not drivin spectra le...
i'm drivin kia sportage.. lolzzz er.. year 96 if not mistaken lolzzz 9 years car.. old junk

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Used to owned a Sportage back in 1997 until 2002.

Major accident... hit the side of Lancer A175 and suffered no damage except the K-bar (needed replacement around RM 3k). Not my fault... A175 owner was drunk n beat the red light.

Damage to A175 was extensive... whole B-pillar went inside - from left to right. Driver OK n luckily no injuries. Whole car smelled like alcohol though...

One problem... it is a fuel guzzler esp the auto model. RM 60 for 290km.

D1-dori-dori

Jan 1, 2005
sepang curcuit
N
fuah.... all de things so expensive 1... i'm gonna b poor... yeah... mine oni can go 4 bout 250km nia... like drinkin water... omg... i feel like wanna sale off this "lady" but my dad dont allow... cos i wana buy a 2nd hand car... lolzzz

rodneyk

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Penang
I was thinking if I get enough cash I would go for a second car which would be a second hand kelisa. hehehe
like small cars. and fuel efficient compared to my spectra.
Spectra = Work Car
Kelisa = Fun Car
LOL
For those rich people
BMW = Work Car
DC Smart = Fun Car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello I'm from neighbor country Indonesia. I got the 6a13tt engine with the auto trans from malaysia. I am trying to find the FTO manual transmission to mate with the engine. But it's kind hard to find it here.

Just wondering if someone has ever locked the 6a13tt auto trans AWD and run it as the auto FWD?Can this be done?

rgds
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience