KE70 with 4A-GE

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
Looking for KE70 with 4A-GE, silvertop or blacktop. Please post your car here or PM me if you have one for sale.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
i was under the impression that these older cars usually swapped in the older 4age, not the newer horizontally mounted blacktops? mountings were diferent i thought....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
5k....
1)u need to deal with rust and stuff
2)u need to repaint
3)interior? little trim pieces
4)engine rebuild?
5)suspension components rebuild
i think your 5k would be all gone after point 2/3

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
List want to do - that's one thing. Show condition of the KE70 you want to restore is another. Perhaps you have a rust-free KE70 and then restoring it probably wouldn't be so bad.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some ""nice"" KE70 appeared to be nice when newly painted......but there might be plenty of rust lurking underneath the new paint and tonnes of body filler crap... I personally viewed plenty of interesting KE70, earlier advertised on mudah. I walked away mostly due to tell-tales of badly repair works.....which will be a time bomb later.

So, prepare for heart attack if that happens......
Old cars are fully of surprises. hehehehe

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Some ""nice"" KE70 appeared to be nice when newly painted......but there might be plenty of rust lurking underneath the new paint and tonnes of body filler crap... I personally viewed plenty of interesting KE70, earlier advertised on mudah. I walked away mostly due to tell-tales of badly repair works.....which will be a time bomb later.

So, prepare for heart attack if that happens......
Old cars are fully of surprises. hehehehe
Absolutely correct!!!

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
i spent nearly abt 3 full weekends...abt 6 hours a day, trying to find all the leaks in the car. esp around those rear lights, chromes, panels...glass rubber area... etc2.

so if car has "new paint" dont take that as such a great thing. Most importantly always check for rust...once owned the car fix all rust and leaks, then spray anti rust in the interior floor and back area... after your body is in good order do your engine conversion/mods....once that is done....repaint the car to your own liking...

mine is a Toyota Corolla 1972 KE20. luv her to death

Attachments

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
1) Need serious recommendation to find chassis "straightening" and rust repair, as priority, must do. For my KE70, especially firewall seam-weld to engine bay section completely disconnected. It's dying and I wanna save it.

2) then depends of how well item(1) is done, if really good will be worth to continue second steps, which is complete strip down primer and re-prime up and paint.

Will to sacrifice all original upholstery for alternatives. Make life work easy for workshop.

Puchong/Selangor.

Thank you, thank you!!! serious enquiry. step_1 check costs, if OK do, then test drive if OK step 2.

tips - long time ago spot weld engine bay + cabin. (boot section no spot weld). The drive was very very the good, so god dam happy, entire car response so good, at that moment for sure no regret, but much later realize too stiff, end up many original seam-weld crack and disconnected, so don't spot-weld for regular daily use. Only pure race car should do it.

Obviously now I sound regretful, but definitely no blaming, because I gained experience, good/bad/soft/hard lesson learn. Somethings should not be greedy for. Once in a lifetime if good. Now can't un-spot-weld, but careful avoid pot-holes, drive really slow on bad vibrating roads etc.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i spent nearly abt 3 full weekends...abt 6 hours a day, trying to find all the leaks in the car. esp around those rear lights, chromes, panels...glass rubber area... etc2.

so if car has "new paint" dont take that as such a great thing. Most importantly always check for rust...once owned the car fix all rust and leaks, then spray anti rust in the interior floor and back area... after your body is in good order do your engine conversion/mods....once that is done....repaint the car to your own liking...

mine is a Toyota Corolla 1972 KE20. luv her to death
Wow! the KE20 is rare. I drove the 2 door version (my dad's car) but that was when it was new...heh! heh!:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just sharing my experience...

MY car got broken into TWICE.

First time: Bangsar. I parked in front of the POS LAJU, under the street lights on christmas eve. I believe there were thousands of ppl around ,yet those pricks managed to break my driver window and stole my player, AFC,boost and egt meters. They even tried to take my seat, as they tried to remove the bolts!

Second time was when the uncivilized pricks broke into my car while it was safely parked inside the compound of my house...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience