1. Hello! We've made major changes to both the Forums and Marketplace section recently. Please join the discussion and tell us your feedback! Read Here for urgent matters, send an email to forums@zerotohundred.com | Update: User Like count is back | Current Progress: Adding improvments to The Marketplace
    Dismiss Notice

Kancil ignition key switch wiring

Discussion in 'Daihatsu' started by cyclonite, Feb 21, 2005.

1. cyclonite

cyclonite Senior Member

Hello guys, today my friend lost her car key so I had to hot wire her car for her. Just wanted to ask you guys what the blue wire is for? At the plug connected to the keyswitch, there's 5 wires.

1) red stripe
    2) green stripe
    3) yellow stripe
    4) black
    5) blue

I connected wires 1, 2, 3 together and all the accessories and lights could turn on. Then I touched these wires together with the black to engage the starter and then can drive back. But I never once used the solid blue wire. what is it for?

Thanks.

2. servo

servo Senior Member

3. cyclonite

cyclonite Senior Member

Ei the yellow and green, one is for ACC one is for ON mah. no meh?

4. cyclonite

cyclonite Senior Member

Yo man, I just tried. It's true la... red connect to BLUE = ACC. you're so cool :)

Then what's the difference between the yellow and green one? I know one lights up the indicator lights on dashboard + air cond. The other one is neccessary otherwise the car won't start at all.