just bought used rx7..and needs help about my cars idle

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
the engine timing is so fucking high.. lower the timing bro..

malimsiao

Known Member
May 5, 2008
u're in japan, the automotive land with sooo many master in rotory and u are seeking help from malaysia? are u kidding?

anyway from the video, i did notice it is a cold engine from the water temp meter. It is normal with that level of idling if u are having a cold start. Same as my car.

Kurojishi Rio

From Facebook
Oct 28, 2011
Toyama,japan
www.facebook.com
u're in japan, the automotive land with sooo many master in rotory and u are seeking help from malaysia? are u kidding?

anyway from the video, i did notice it is a cold engine from the water temp meter. It is normal with that level of idling if u are having a cold start. Same as my car.
If u r in my shoes I believe u will also seek help from internet first bcos people here in japan doesn't really understand or know how to speak english~and eventhough Im an engineering student here,there is still so much japanese engineering terms that I dont understands..thats why im seeking help from all of you~~

yeah its a cold start but even when the engine is warmed up the rpm wont drops..it stays there at 1500 rpm and then its start to hunt between 1400~1700 rpm...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Couple of issues start reading the sticky's on the site and rx7forum.

start with grounding, make sure its secured correctly.

i would adjust tps or at least check the tolerances.
TPS Adjustment

The other thing to adjust is the screw under the intake manifold. there are numerous write ups here and on the big forum. check that.

Kurojishi Rio

From Facebook
Oct 28, 2011
Toyama,japan
www.facebook.com
hey I tested the TPS with a voltmeter and here is the readings.
with the red lead connected to the 3f ECU connector: 1.04v
with the red lead connected to the 3g ECU connector: 0.4v
both tested with closed throttle.

does the TPS needs to be adjusted?

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

what ECU installed in the car?
I believe its a stock one that came with 93 fd3s..never checked the ECU..

Kurojishi Rio

From Facebook
Oct 28, 2011
Toyama,japan
www.facebook.com
just fixed the problem~it seems that there is no problem with the TPS neither the idle screw but it was a vacuum leak.the idle controlling bulb was stuck opened by something unknown.cleaned it and my FD is as good as new~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu and member,

i have vios 2011 model that is with ori exhausr stock, now i plan to modified the exhaust with low noise and pickup and end energier more better for fc, so what is agak agak price and ok lah the material piping as my budjet not more that rm800, plan change ori stock i think is 4-2-1 one
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience