just bought dc5R

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai
Re: just brought dc5R

Woww......hondata+Intake + Exhaust + Header+tune wht the buget??anyone experience???

hondata+Intake + Exhaust + Header is it enough for dc5?

jaymie

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Hondata k100 - rm 2500
Toda header - rm 4800
Exhaust custom made - rm 1500
Intake custom - rm 500 (rough estimation)

Total - rm 9300

P/s you can cut cost at the Header section if you buy other brand , example such as Kidd racing (rm 2200)

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com

Woww......hondata+Intake + Exhaust + Header+tune wht the buget??anyone experience???

you have to pay to play bro. :biggrin:
i spent close to RM10k within the 1st 3 months of owning my car. its a poison you cant get out of your system once you start.

i/h/e/hondata are just BASIC mods for the DC5.

the next stages people usually look at are:
1. Intake Manifold (RRC or Skunk2)
2. 70mm Throttle Body
3. Cams paired with upgraded valve springs

It really depends on what you want to achieve at the end of the day. Whether its a HP figure you're chasing, or a time attack goal... its all subjective. The great thing about the DC5 is that is responds very well to mods. Even light mods like an air intake kit will garner significant results.

But the most important thing to remember is to HAVE FUN along the way and dont get too caught up with chasing a figure that you forget to enjoy yourself.

:driver:

hondafreak

500 RPM
Dec 6, 2004
kelana jaya
Visit site
How much cost for d RRC or Skunk2 intake manifold? Do we need to change d wider throttle body simultanously? *Note-due to budget constrain... :(

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005

Or you can PM me for bundle pricing....im demoding....

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai
wht the feel after install hondata+Intake + Exhaust + Header+tune ?how many horsepower increase?

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Intake Manifold (RRC or Skunk2)
which one mostly the primary choice?

Turbulence

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009

haha..prasath...u r doin end year promotion here?????

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Or you can PM me for bundle pricing....im demoding....
wht the feel after install hondata+Intake + Exhaust + Header+tune ?how many horsepower increase?

erm...i found it much more responsive and powerful.....hp increase about 30 or more on wheel dyno....torque can increase up to 21Nm

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
Hey guys,

Sorry to be off topic, but I have a bit of a question on 02 sensors.

My CEL came out recently, so i checked the oil and everything and all seemed ok. I resetted the ECU, and then the CEL went off. Just to be sure what it was, I went to the mech and was told that the 02 sensors are gone, and needs replacement.

I know there are 2 sensors, but how would I know which one needs to be replaced? Is there a way to check them? I know you can use a voltmeter on a TPS sensor, but what about O2 sensors?

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai
ha.ha... check at jcracing .i hv it prob b4..but mostly the primary o2 senser gone after then secondary..u got feel ur car like "petrol gone fastly"

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

woW...increase 30hp after install i/h/e..
if install i/h/e+Intake Manifold (RRC or Skunk2)+70mm Throttle Body+hondata+tune
wht the buget n horsepower increase?

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
ha.ha... check at jcracing .i hv it prob b4..but mostly the primary o2 senser gone after then secondary..u got feel ur car like "petrol gone fastly"

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Bro, thanks for your reply but I was asking how do you know if the primary or the secondary sensor is gone? I'm guessing most guys would play a guessin game by replacing one of the sensors, and see if the CEL disappears or not (or check the error code again).

I dunno la, I'm just guessin. I want to avoid replacing both cuz they are not cheap. I have already washed them, so see if the CEL appears again. Hehe..

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai
u can install hondata bypass the O2 sensor.u change the o2 sensor is about rm900 to 1K..is better u add more $$$$$$$$$% to replace with hondata..if u want mods ur car..

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
only bypass the o2 sensor if your hondata is running open-loop all the time.

if you intend to run on closed-loop, o2 sensor is still necessary.

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai
hi all bro got mugen GT wing for DC5.i looking it....
sms me if u want sold

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Friends

I am looking for brand new toyota 1995 supra engine.
Is there such a market for new engines of old model cars?

Does anyone manufacture these nowadays?

How about reconditioned engines that perform like new?

Sorry if my questions are naive.

I am not expert in this area.

regards
Richard Tan:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience