Jerking & Overheat

Dosh

Jan 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Trekkers,
My 2005 (standard turbo) ATR got this 2 problems la. Just recently. I use my ATR occasionally to ofiice and at normal driving only.

1) Starting 3 months back, boost only hovering around 0.7 - 0.8 (Normally 1.1). Like something stuck & the engine jerking. And now it become worse, more & more jerking even before the turbo kicks in. :eek::

2) Losing water in radiator & overheat. The radiator has been serviced, no leaking, fans running good, hoses in good condition, change the termostat (with a similar original one) & did try putting coolant (Toyota), but still the same. In 2 months, the radiator will 75% dry.

Thought of sending to Ah Wah.... maybe some early tips from the masters/sifus will do.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Send to Ah Wah quickly. I think the internal cooling jacket leaks causing the jerks and underpowered. U might find water in yr combustion chamber.

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
If got air bubbling in radiator, head gasket blown.. That happened to my RB20, not ATR. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Arnold Schwarzenegger has one and the Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page have one in their garage - the roadster from Tesla. Now the electro car manufacturer will hit the market with a 4-door limousine and space for 7 person.

With a range up to 450km and 45-minute QuickCharge, the Tesla Model S can carry five adults and two children in quiet comfort – and you can charge it from any outlet, without ever stopping for gas. The mass-produced electric vehicle offers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience