Japan engine converted continental car

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Hi guys,

I really love the look and ride quality of BMW e39 and also performance engine like 2jz, been searching for one until I was told my mech friend that better don't try this kind of vehicle... He was saying although the engine can be fitted perfectly, but the car itself will lost all safety features like abs or airbag, is that true? Although I don't speed much, but safety features are important too.

Or is it possible that a converted conti car like BMW e39, e60,e65,e66 with all features works perfectly?

Second question, there are some altezza fitted with 1jz in zth marketplace, are those cars safety features like I mentioned above abs and airbag still working perfectly since 1jz belongs to Toyota family too?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u convert a japan engine into a conti car, dont think those features : airbag, ebd, cruise control etc.. works.
unless u dun mind spending a bomb for wiring those features.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
if u convert a japan engine into a conti car, dont think those features : airbag, ebd, cruise control etc.. works.
unless u dun mind spending a bomb for wiring those features.
Thanks for the clear cut answer, then I will not consider them anymore lol, hv to increase budget for ori performance conti like m5 or rs6...

But, how bout altezza? All features gone too? If translated with 1jz or 2jz?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Thanks for the clear cut answer, then I will not consider them anymore lol, hv to increase budget for ori performance conti like m5 or rs6...

But, how bout altezza? All features gone too? If translated with 1jz or 2jz?
same thing. all features gone. try asking bushidofang bout altezza.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So I received a call from Edison. He was revving the old Nissan in the background and telling me the engine starts. So I was delighted with glee, knowing that the engine had start and thought it was actually cheap small fix!

Boy I was wrong, travelled...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience