It's time to let it go......

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In a way, a Wira with 4G63T can be even faster than your Airtrek?

RB25DET and RB26DETT both have a high threshold limit for their engines... I think 600hp is possible with stock internals... 4G63T will have a hard time to reach such figures...
4G63T also capable of 600bhp. Saw one VRC members car with huge turbine, Inlet manifold was longer than the engine, and with NOS.....:smokin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
In a way, a Wira with 4G63T can be even faster than your Airtrek?
Yes definately if Airtrek is stock. In stock, no doubt the engine spec says 240hp but in reality, it will be around 220hp. Then with the sluggish power robbing gearbox, you only get 160-180whp in stock. And with that, it has to push over 1600kgs++. 0-100 in stock was achieved in 8.5-9 secs. It was slow in stock. Similarly to GTT, it's heavy and slow.

However who will drive a stock Skyline? Airtrek maybe but definitely not Skyline :)

My Airtrek 0-100kph in Drive was around 5.9 secs. I reckon it can go faster if I use manual and that was even before I had the downpipe and fine tuning done. It was 1.2 bar of boost.

My mods ends at around 270whp + 350Nm wtq @ 1.5 bar.

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
The 4G63T has a lot of potential but before it could reach 500hp mark, internal must be upgraded. With stock, the most you can reach is 400-450hp.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Original body from 1.5 hehe..that's y lots of work as listed had to be done..n more work...:)

Yeah u might say I'm very particular about d handling/suspension n braking systems...no point having all that power if u x control it aka handling n stopping rite..I learned my lesson from my integra incident..

But then again like I said I'm x much into straight/drag so I x really need much power...just main focus more on d handling n braking...:)

N oh ya tire wise I x afford d UHP so I settle for mid range (at least in my opinion they are la hehe)...my last set was kumho (x remember d model tho)/nexen (n8000) combo..x too bad actually (oso at least in my opinion)..
Indeed a lot of work needs to be done to reinforce the normal 1.5 chassis. Brakes you are using Evo 3 twin pot or even better brakes?

So, you're not running performance tyres on your Wira evo last time?

4G63T also capable of 600bhp. Saw one VRC members car with huge turbine, Inlet manifold was longer than the engine, and with NOS.....:smokin:
If got a lot of money for custom or forged parts, 600hp sure can... Even some drag cars on western countries or Australia claims that 4G63T can give out 1000hp.... But I think if want to compared with Nissan RB engines with same output, probably RB are more reliable since the stress on the engine is lesser than 4G63T?

Yes definately if Airtrek is stock. In stock, no doubt the engine spec says 240hp but in reality, it will be around 220hp. Then with the sluggish power robbing gearbox, you only get 160-180whp in stock. And with that, it has to push over 1600kgs++. 0-100 in stock was achieved in 8.5-9 secs. It was slow in stock. Similarly to GTT, it's heavy and slow.

However who will drive a stock Skyline? Airtrek maybe but definitely not Skyline :)

My Airtrek 0-100kph in Drive was around 5.9 secs. I reckon it can go faster if I use manual and that was even before I had the downpipe and fine tuning done. It was 1.2 bar of boost.

My mods ends at around 270whp + 350Nm wtq @ 1.5 bar.
Bone stock Airtrek turbo seems quite slow for a performance car. If compared to other SUV, that is quite good... But with that spec, I'm afraid perhaps even a B18CR VTEC engine might just outrun it...

Your whp is 270 then how much are you having at crank? Should be over 300 since your AT gearbox does cause a higher amount of power loss...

The 4G63T has a lot of potential but before it could reach 500hp mark, internal must be upgraded. With stock, the most you can reach is 400-450hp.
True, heard about this before. 4 pistons and 2 litre engine, sure need to upgrade internals if want to push it that high. Unlike RB25 or RB26 with 6 pistons and larger displacement.

I got 260whp and 34x wheel torque with my bone stock e3 in my Wira at 1.2 bar and it feels scary already ~_~ Not to mention with 15" tyres XD
I once saw someone posted Satria 4G63T here with claims of engine modded until 450hp. I think that is a bit too over and scary since you said yours at 260whp feels scary...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I got 260whp and 34x wheel torque with my bone stock e3 in my Wira at 1.2 bar and it feels scary already ~_~ Not to mention with 15" tyres XD
It's too much power for your front wheels to take if yours is 2WD. 130whp per wheel on 15" is just too much.

Anyway, dyno'ing 2WD vs. AWD is very different. The 2WD setup will always get more output comparing to AWD. What I mean is the 2WD 200whp and AWD 200whp are totally 2 different ratings of power output. Yes, the AWD actually produces more power in this sense.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It's too much power for your front wheels to take if yours is 2WD. 130whp per wheel on 15" is just too much.

Anyway, dyno'ing 2WD vs. AWD is very different. The 2WD setup will always get more output comparing to AWD. What I mean is the 2WD 200whp and AWD 200whp are totally 2 different ratings of power output. Yes, the AWD actually produces more power in this sense.
Because powers are distributed to all four wheels instead of two in the case of 4WD right? Hence, the power loss on wheel is higher on 4WD I guess?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If got a lot of money for custom or forged parts, 600hp sure can... Even some drag cars on western countries or Australia claims that 4G63T can give out 1000hp.... But I think if want to compared with Nissan RB engines with same output, probably RB are more reliable since the stress on the engine is lesser than 4G63T?

Bone stock Airtrek turbo seems quite slow for a performance car. If compared to other SUV, that is quite good... But with that spec, I'm afraid perhaps even a B18CR VTEC engine might just outrun it...

Your whp is 270 then how much are you having at crank? Should be over 300 since your AT gearbox does cause a higher amount of power loss...
I've heard 4G63T hitting above 1500hp, so it isn't a surprise.

Yes bone stock Airtrek is slow compared to B18C. But the torque is more, so pickup 0-100 may lose but it will catch up from behind.

With 270whp, it's estimated around 330hp in crank.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Because powers are distributed to all four wheels instead of two in the case of 4WD right? Hence, the power loss on wheel is higher on 4WD I guess?
Yes... do you know that by removing the rear lsd box, rear drive shafts and center shaft, Airtrek is able to loose about 100kgs! Yes those weight + friction from moving parts, it's actually more power. Just a simple comparison but not real figures. Eg: 2WD 200whp = 240hp in crank vs. AWD 200whp = 260hp in crank.

Power is something, but ability to put it onto the road is another thing. I have done a drag race with an Optima Evo 4 before. Back then, I was still using stock engine with just full exhaust, raised boost (0.6 to 1.1 bar) and steel intercooler piping with top mount intercooler. On all 3 runs, I was ahead. Not because my car was more powerful. He was literally spinning wheel when I took off.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

Yup, considering going 17" in the future but not now yet

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes... do you know that by removing the rear lsd box, rear drive shafts and center shaft, Airtrek is able to loose about 100kgs! Yes those weight + friction from moving parts, it's actually more power. Just a simple comparison but not real figures. Eg: 2WD 200whp = 240hp in crank vs. AWD 200whp = 260hp in crank.

Power is something, but ability to put it onto the road is another thing. I have done a drag race with an Optima Evo 4 before. Back then, I was still using stock engine with just full exhaust, raised boost (0.6 to 1.1 bar) and steel intercooler piping with top mount intercooler. On all 3 runs, I was ahead. Not because my car was more powerful. He was literally spinning wheel when I took off.
That heavy? This explains why Evo 1,2,3 are around 1200kg which is like 200kg heavier than Wira. The 4WD parts, heavier engine and perhaps the reinforced chassis.

Yes, I know about 4WD having much better grip on the road compared to 2WD. For a 4WD machine to launch during start, it is much easier than 2WD. For 2WD, you really need to time your RPM right before launching or else you'll risk losing grip and wheel spin. Grip and acceleration is one reason why I like 4WD cars compared to 2WD. I like cars like Evo, STI, Skyline GT-R...

Are you referring to this Optima Evo? Because I remember seeing an Optima Evo here before.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=426863

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A friends red evo tme had been stolen yesterday inside riana green condo. registration number BGH 368. pls be on the lookout for this car or any suspicious sellers of evo tme items
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience