IS250 maintainance

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro huakenny,
Nope, I have not replace any airflow sensor before. Yea, I have read about the injectors being the culprit. Also dunno what to test first. Where can I send the injectors for serviding aa? Wing Hin?

Bro lathen,
Will definitely update all on this. Dont want you guys to suffer like me...mental torture.

is250

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
our hearts are with you:driver:

Bro huakenny,
Nope, I have not replace any airflow sensor before. Yea, I have read about the injectors being the culprit. Also dunno what to test first. Where can I send the injectors for serviding aa? Wing Hin?

Bro lathen,
Will definitely update all on this. Dont want you guys to suffer like me...mental torture.

is250

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi zhengfeng,

From my experience, the bulb need to be replaced. It happened to me a few months ago. My hid on and off for a few days, then died. After changing to new bulb, everything back to normal.

The best is to get second opinion from other people

Tq

Elvin Kim

From Facebook
Jun 1, 2011
Nilai
www.facebook.com
i got d same problem wif bro is 250..
check vsc wif engine light come out..
not oni dat..
even my rear lights also become error...
suddenly reverse light came out while drivin foward..
but wat i did was..
i disconnect d battery connection...
wait for half n hour..
connect it back..
start d engine n all d warning lights including check vsc n engine gone...
but i have to reset back all the radio preset..
including have to reset all power windows..
and it took me 1 hour to do all dat..
atleast the engine problem gone..

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Elvin,

You mean ur car also vibrate while driving then the warning lights (CKECK VSC, DSC, and Check Engine) come on?
Does the vibration happen often with the lights?

Kind regards,
IS 250

Elvin Kim

From Facebook
Jun 1, 2011
Nilai
www.facebook.com
Hi Elvin,

You mean ur car also vibrate while driving then the warning lights (CKECK VSC, DSC, and Check Engine) come on?
Does the vibration happen often with the lights?

Kind regards,
IS 250
hi IS 250

ya..my car did vibrate alot then I can see the rpm going up and down between 1000rpm to 2000rpm with Check VSC, DSC and Check Engine came out..and ya..it often vibrate happened with my rear lights on..but since i disconnect the battery and connect it back..the problem gone since then..atleast i can my money..:driver:

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Elvin,
So what do you reckon? You think its the battery?

Bro Jeweltag,
HAHAHAH, after alignment now perfect lo...but dunno the difference oo....these few days sick la, not sensitive to changes :D

Elvin Kim

From Facebook
Jun 1, 2011
Nilai
www.facebook.com
Bro Elvin,
So what do you reckon? You think its the battery?

Bro Jeweltag,
HAHAHAH, after alignment now perfect lo...but dunno the difference oo....these few days sick la, not sensitive to changes :D
bro Is250..
tell you the truth i dunno so much about the car...
but all the problem gone..
but i really think its bot the battery..
have you try to disconnect the battery and connect it back..
now i got other problem with my IS..
when i take a corner & turn the steering whell hard left or right..
it make sound like there's no grease..
as i know our IS don't have a drive shaft..

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Elvin,

Actually I also dunno what is the real reason for the misfire. Went to Tom's last weekend and was advised to a round of decarbonizing with one of their HKS products. But if you go to the Lexus Club (UK) there is like tons of reasons that could cause the misfire.

Not too sure about the steering though :S

IS 250

jimmylai3333

Jun 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi dear all....

i am new joining forum here...

i jus bought a recon is250, can any body recommend me to which workshop to change
oil change , break oil change , and gear oil change ??

thanks!

:confused:

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi dear all....

i am new joining forum here...

i jus bought a recon is250, can any body recommend me to which workshop to change
oil change , break oil change , and gear oil change ??

thanks!

:confused:
dude,

what's your mileage? recomend do a full service and check everything else on the car.
i do my service at vision auto in sunway - look for Kelvin the manager......... as most will say it's a bit pricey, but u be the judge..............

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Bro Elvin,

Actually I also dunno what is the real reason for the misfire. Went to Tom's last weekend and was advised to a round of decarbonizing with one of their HKS products. But if you go to the Lexus Club (UK) there is like tons of reasons that could cause the misfire.

Not too sure about the steering though :S

IS 250
You are right there are tones of reason for misfire, all the work shop you go will tell you to do this and that but not able to tell exactly what is the problem becasue they are lazy to put in the dianostic to check the problem. They think they are GOD can see what is the problem without plug in the dianostic. Doctor also need to do blood test to find out the sickness right.

Recently bought a unit of OBDII dianostic from US, plug in my car it show up 5 error code on my car even it is drivng ok every day except a bit of detoning sound. Check all the code identify as fuel too lean on bank 1 and too rich on bank 2. All may related to air fuel mixture.
Search the net identify problem might be the MAF sensor dirty. I went to buy a can of spray cleaner -MAF cleaner to clean the sensor.

Now the car runs better and more fuel efficient, detoning sound gone. happy driver now

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

for my iswara stock....now im using unbrand air filter...i would like 2 change 2 hks....anyone got comment on this modify??? any where can i get the HKS air filter cheap? any one selling..but i want new..no 2nd hand........thanks yaaaa ZTH member !!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience