IS250 maintainance

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro ed78.

Yea, Lexus Msia sure more expensive lo...
u dun really get to hang out with the mech as the service area is one floor down.
The service exec will come entertain you...that is abt it :D

I dunno if Vision Auto can solve the problem that I have now. Base on your experience do you think they are trustworthy and knowledgable?

is 250
bro,
they fall under the same umbrealla with toms bangsar. I can't really say if they can solve your problem - you will have to try and send to them first.

lets meet up tonight - i called for a tt session. bring your car and at least we can see the actual problem.

Regards,
Edwin

lathen

Known Member
Dec 31, 2010
Johor Bahru
Service kena potong leher at lexus. rather stick to toms (vision auto)......
I will be quite curios to take a drive there though. wanna make fren with the mech.......
Pls let me know when u build up relationship wif the mech, so i can borrow the GPS cd from them and burn a copy:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Bro Lathen,

They don't but got a little connection, so they do it lo
However, I htink they got new policy, only service and no more troubleshooting for recon cars.

is 250
Hi IS250,
ur connection manage to borrow a copy of GPS cd from them and let me try on my car ? if workable, perhaps can ''figure a way'' to let me burn a copy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro ed78,
I can't join tonight oo. Can't leave my wife and 1 month old baby at home oo :D

Bro lathen,
I can try to ask for you but can't guarantee la

is 250

lathen

Known Member
Dec 31, 2010
Johor Bahru
Bro ed78,
I can't join tonight oo. Can't leave my wife and 1 month old baby at home oo :D

Bro lathen,
I can try to ask for you but can't guarantee la

is 250
HI IS250,

Thanks ya, perhaps you can tell them that im willing to give an ''angpow'' to them, hahaha:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bros,

Hvae you guys heard of the EGR Valve? Any idea how much taht would cost, and also how much for cat converter?

Thanks.

is250

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro huakenny,

Thanks for the definition. Found that some of the guys in UK got problem with this device and cat converter which cause the misfiring and the warnings

is250

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
EGR seldom will spoils unless its accident...

otherwise, most of the time is the valve stucked due to the exhaust carbon etc..

what your mechanic has to do is remove and clean all d carbon that casuign the valve stucked

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro lathen,
No idea how much this item will cost. Just enquiring. Not sure if this is the problem.

Bro huakenny,
Dunno if this is the cause. Will wait for more information first before deciding what to do. Tried the coils and spark plugs, but problem still there. So now have to see other possibilities.

is250

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Bro lathen,
No idea how much this item will cost. Just enquiring. Not sure if this is the problem.

Bro huakenny,
Dunno if this is the cause. Will wait for more information first before deciding what to do. Tried the coils and spark plugs, but problem still there. So now have to see other possibilities.

is250
bro,

when d technician plugged in the diagnose tool...what fault codes showing?

IS 250

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro huakenny,

The codes are p0301 and p0304 - meaning engine misfire. But alot of things could cause this error apparently.

is250

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Bro huakenny,

The codes are p0301 and p0304 - meaning engine misfire. But alot of things could cause this error apparently.

is250
these codes meant 2 of the cylinders are causing problems...

have u replace airflow sensor?

sometimes airflow sensor created problem, but it can be detected in the diagnostic tool...fuel injectors also will cause this problem

but of coz, u have to test one by one...

for injector, the best ways to check is sent them to service..so u will know if its defective.

for fuel pump, check the fuel pressure wit the tester if its strong enuf to flow...