Is this gearbox prob? pls help.

DC!

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Jzeh-Bee
Hi all,

I'm driving a 2001 A32 Brougham. Every morning i will reverse my car out from the car porch (the engine is still cool), once i engage to 'D' the car will not moving at all, is free gear!!! I have to shift to '2' then the car will start to move ahead but is very heavy and no power.

Even when i get back to start the car after 1 or 2 hours resting, when i engage to 'D', it will not move immediately, the car will wait for around 5~7 seconds then start moving as usual.

The car need to be warmed up at least 10~15mins before it can drive normally.

is this gearbox prob? pls help~~~

:(

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
have check AT fluid level???

maybe the level was low??

onionbay

Jun 29, 2005
KL
i had that same problem as you. every morning i have to use 2nd gear to move my ride. this persist for 6 month. i end up, changing a chop shop g/b. cost me rm 1.6k for the g/b. had it done at nissan.

what is your mileage? mine was 375,xxx KM beforw i change the g/b. had it running for 3 weeks. so far so good. nkxt plan will be changing the ATf once more during my next service. i pour in the new atf during the swap. this is to ensure all the dirt is minimize as we do not know how long the g/b has been sitting at the chop shop.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
onionbay said:
i had that same problem as you. every morning i have to use 2nd gear to move my ride. this persist for 6 month. i end up, changing a chop shop g/b. cost me rm 1.6k for the g/b. had it done at nissan.

what is your mileage? mine was 375,xxx KM beforw i change the g/b. had it running for 3 weeks. so far so good. nkxt plan will be changing the ATf once more during my next service. i pour in the new atf during the swap. this is to ensure all the dirt is minimize as we do not know how long the g/b has been sitting at the chop shop.
You use Nissan d matic ATF?

DC!

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Jzeh-Bee
DanzEterna & ^pomen_GTR^,
I have already changed the ATF fluid (Nissan), just one month ago..

Onionbay,
i heard from a foreman, i can use 2000cc A32 gearbox if mine (3000cc) is died. He said 2.0 g/b is more pickup and fuel saving. Is this true?

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
2.0 has a bigger size final drive gear to compensate it's less power engine. So your 3.0 engine will eventually wasting power in long run.

Another words, 3.0 gearbox install in 2.0 engine also burn lots of fuel because it cannot produce enough power on move higher ratio gears.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
I dunno... weikee, isnt it save fuel on town driving and better responsive climb hill because it has higher touque with 2.0 gear box installed?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Your final gear ratio will be difference. So if you want to try enjoy the pickup. Just prepare to burn more fuel.

Another method, get the 2L box, swap the final drive. It need some skill people to do this. Internal are all the same, final drive difference.

DC!

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Jzeh-Bee
Your final gear ratio will be difference. So if you want to try enjoy the pickup. Just prepare to burn more fuel.

Another method, get the 2L box, swap the final drive. It need some skill people to do this. Internal are all the same, final drive difference.
Wow, i like this suggestion.. Wonder if how much will it be cost (including workmanship)?

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
Hi bro, I also had this problem. Especially on the morning, when engage to D I need to wait for 3~5 second to engage. But after I drain all DMatic oil out (at least 6 liter) and change auto filter. So far no more delay engage.

To drain all out, drop gearbox.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Hi DC!

I'm having a gearbox sitting idle in store with the 3.0 engine after i swapped to 2.5. But it's final drive is quite high, i think around 3000rpm at 120km/h. So on highway fc is not good, but hill climbing u can smile all the way up :proud: No sure whether it's a 2.0 gearbox.

Feel free to contact me if u wanna have a look, no obligations. Item is in Dengkil.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Hi DC!

I'm having a gearbox sitting idle in store with the 3.0 engine after i swapped to 2.5. But it's final drive is quite high, i think around 3000rpm at 120km/h. So on highway fc is not good, but hill climbing u can smile all the way up :proud: No sure whether it's a 2.0 gearbox.

Feel free to contact me if u wanna have a look, no obligations. Item is in Dengkil.

DC!

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Jzeh-Bee
XTEC,
but i just changed the ATF oil last 2 months although it wasn't 6L had been drained lah, this also useless? must take down the gearbox to drain 6L out fully?

ctk22,
ok, noted. If i really need a replacement, i will PM u.. thanks..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apologize for the thread.

Had been driving Civic FD for 5 years and decided to change. It had been months but I still can't decide between the W204 AMG and IS250. Pricing wise both bout the same but how bout the performance, comfort and maintainance? Any feedback highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience