Is the road to Genting bad from Subang Jaya?

Oct 10, 2005
i am from subang. i am just wondering whether the road from subang jaya to genting is bad a not as i have swapped my wheels with a 35 series profile. If it is bad then i will drive another car there.

and also i knew that there are 2 roads up there izzit?

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
what car u drive and what is 35 series profile..how much u buy.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
err... dude.. subang to genting? thatz one heck of a distance.. have u been OUT of subang itself?

but subang road itself is already bad... i think worst.. otherwise, doing MRR to genting, shouldn't be a prob..

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Take Subang Federal Exit. Enter NKVE Subang Entry. Head to North, Exit JLN Duta. hit Jln Ipoh all the way to Selayang. Then take the selayang Gombak turn off to Genting /Karak Highway.

The alternate route is the Ulu Yam route. Stay off it if you want your wheels to survive.

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
iaznab said:
i am from subang. i am just wondering whether the road from subang jaya to genting is bad a not as i have swapped my wheels with a 35 series profile. If it is bad then i will drive another car there.

and also i knew that there are 2 roads up there izzit?

road to genting ok la as long as u drive slowly up or downhill. use of manual transmission car will be more appropriate..
just use the ldp road towards kepong/ batu caves.. u wont miss the genting signboard la..
cheers bro

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
In fact i'd say the road leading up to Genting is extremely well maintained. Certain stretch have been converted to one way up so its a lot less risky and wide. But its no excuse to practice your drifts there!

I'd advise you to use the LDP heading towards Kepong. Keep going straight till you reach Batu Caves and from there on shoot on to the Karak Highway. Its a good highway to drive on. Shortly you'll reach the Genting turnoff and you will enjoy a really windy and steep road up.

If you really wanna destroy your tyres, drive up to Cameron Highlands. You have to be focusseds all the time and look out for blind spots and lots of potholes as well.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
prodigy said:
If you really wanna destroy your tyres, drive up to Cameron Highlands. You have to be focusseds all the time and look out for blind spots and lots of potholes as well.
being on your toes is where the "fun" is. :wink:
but maybe not so for average daily drivers. so do partake in advance driving courses & autocrosses to bring the level of confidence up.
:bath:

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
anyway what the point buying expansive tyre and not widthstand its challange...

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
genting road is good.. they have new road too.. aiyo.. long time din went up le...

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
simple lah, use ldp all the way pass batu caves reach karak highway then go up genting loh, malaysia road everywhere the same one lah, u can drive in subang with 35 series, takkan cannot drive else where with the same tires

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
zephyr3d said:
err... dude.. subang to genting? thatz one heck of a distance.. have u been OUT of subang itself?

but subang road itself is already bad... i think worst.. otherwise, doing MRR to genting, shouldn't be a prob..
subang road consider bad? wait until u come to rawang....hahaha

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
faisal said:
Take Subang Federal Exit. Enter NKVE Subang Entry. Head to North, Exit JLN Duta. hit Jln Ipoh all the way to Selayang. Then take the selayang Gombak turn off to Genting /Karak Highway.

The alternate route is the Ulu Yam route. Stay off it if you want your wheels to survive.
the best route is from Kesas highway one straight way to Genting!!! :biggrin: