Is the CRZ worth it?

kimilama

Mar 12, 2013
Selangor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

thanks for entertaining post. these days anything can pass off as a sport car.
hye ixeo, yes. as malaysian we have to face we possibly can't afford on buying a nice sport car like nissan GTR, Porche, Ferrari. but we malaysian have living in considering most of Honda old generation as a sport car. consider the ek9 and crx. yes, its not being stated as a sport car by the manufacture. but the way it looks it can give the man pleasure. maybe to a small child they consider satria neo as a sport car, or even converted Proton Inspira to an Evo X with loud exhaust sound.

and ixeo u should give a try on driving this car and push to its limit. it maybe cannot beat the feeling on driving the type-r, but u will appreciate by its performance and handling. trust me :wink:

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
hi bro, I know our circumstances in Malaysia is pretty sad especially for us petrol heads, but we shouldn't try to CONvince ourselves that our car is something that its not.

For instance, I sail a boat, i don't tell myself it is a speedboat.

Just my opinion. Its like lying to ourselves and saying the government doing great job 2 thumbs up and voting for them again.

kimilama

Mar 12, 2013
Selangor
yes sir, i'm agree with you. what am i trying to say is the crz is not as bad what most people talk about. after all its what this forum used for. to give everyone platform to share their opinion. maybe i'm too young and lack of experience in motorsport as i can't differentiate what is true and what is not. but today i'm standing for what i believe. thank you for ur opinion and ur time sir :biggrin:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Okay.

Fair point on the matter of subjectivity when it comes to an individual's taste in cars.

Just like, how some people have good taste and some bad.

I'm just one of them guys who readily admits that shit smells bad, no matter where it came from. Like I said earlier, Cold Shit
smells less than hot fresh shit. Doesn't mean it ain't shit.

The CRZ should not even be mentioned with the word Sport/Race/Track/NSX/Modify/Turbo/Semi Slicks. More like Shopping/Posing/Don't-know-what-the-hell-I'm-driving-but-brochure-said-sporty/Man-bag/Pedicure kinda words are more suitably applied.

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
are crz the next myvi?

seeing how many of them on the road and by reading some hatred comment towards this car, maybe it is.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
It's not hatred towards CRZ really. Some people need to see it as it is. CRZ (same like Myvi) is not a sports car, period. Sporty car, maybe..but definitely not a sports car.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Put in a K20A in a CR-Z, makes a lot of difference by then. A lot would say it just have the looks not the performance, true.
Is was not meant for performance but like any other cars, just needed the right modifications and since CR-Z have quite
a number of choice in performance upgrades.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
hye, this is very interesting topic. i've seen many forum discussing about the crz; its advantage and disadvantage. and most of them always talk "shit" about it. its more appropriate if we can talk it more manner way.:biggrin:

yes, its not the most shine car out there. but with limited budget and want to feel driving a sport car with trusted brand, why not considering crz? its made officially for 2 seater but if u've small child they can sit at the back. but not for grown up. remember, its designed for sporty feeling.

about the fuel, to me as an owner of crz, its not that save. its's more like to myvi (my oppinion coz i'm driving myvi before this). but it can be consider great for HONDA car.

then for the performance i can tell you guys this, from the beginning i'm driving the crz, many people trying to "cucuk"me. wondering if they are trying to testing the crz. and i've outdone most of them, but not the fd2r coz i'm loosing to it :slug: hehe. but, in "celok-celok" i can guarantee u'll appreciate its handling. owh, forgot to tell u guys that i'm rarely using the sport mode when trying to proof the ability of crz and i did not modified anything to my crz except the mufler ("cap ayam") :biggrin:

last words, its all return to ur self. do u feel like there is a little space of owning the crz in ur heart or not? its not type-r, but its nice and have the look. (consider the manual transmission for better pleasure) hehe

p/s; i give my respect to PocketRocket, he always give many idea thru his crz modification on "crzforum". to me he have simple modification but under the hood u'll crying. :adore:
but to say that you outdone most of the cars?
what type of cars is that? wiras and myvis?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
aiya.. wtf you guys slinging shit around for?

The TS asked if the car is worth it or not, not whether it's a sports car or not or whether it can outdrag a R35 or whatever nonsense.

And the answer to whether it's worth it or not is....no. It's expensive, it's small and it's underpowered. It's a rich-mans-toy. It's not the best value for money. It's only good for people who have too much money and is single and haven't started thinking long term.

But if you ask whether it's a good car or not, yes it is. It works great as a hybrid, it has pretty decent looks, it has tonnes of aftermarket support (Mugen supercharger ftw!!!) and if done correctly, you could win races like the winning CRZ NA in the ZTH Timetoattack. That CRZ had a lot of Spoon, J's racing and other aftermarket parts.

For RM100k+ you can get a bigger better car but for sheer driving pleasure it's a good choice. For performance a Satria Neo will outrun you but for FC it's great if driven properly.

Pros and cons. Simple as that.

Disclaimer : Sorry PocketRocket!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
but to say that you outdone most of the cars?
what type of cars is that? wiras and myvis?
Myvis? Close eye also can win with CR-Z.

Cars that it can outrun are cars around 2.0 - 2.4L. Talking about normal sedans not some
sports cars at 2.0L.

I'm not the driver but a friend of mine who own and tested the CR-Z with those cars.
I was left far away when I tested with my 1.8L ride. Mine is A/T of course.

U wont feel what I said if u never get smoke by one before. Yes is a 1.5L Hybrid but not too
much of a underpowered like many has claim. Every car will be underpowered if u r
gonna compare it with better cars. Is a 1.5L CR-Z, what's more do we expect? yet is not
manufactured as sports car or performance car in stock unlike the FD2R or FN2R.

Is like comparing the Corolla XRS with 2ZZ-GE and a 1ZZ-FE Altis and we
just complain is slow.

If we were to compare with cars that is also 1.5L like Vios, Honda City, and etcs, the power
of CR-Z is already very impressive as many has claim it drives like a 1.8L.

aiya.. wtf you guys slinging shit around for?

The TS asked if the car is worth it or not, not whether it's a sports car or not or whether it can outdrag a R35 or whatever nonsense.

And the answer to whether it's worth it or not is....no. It's expensive, it's small and it's underpowered. It's a rich-mans-toy. It's not the best value for money. It's only good for people who have too much money and is single and haven't started thinking long term.

But if you ask whether it's a good car or not, yes it is. It works great as a hybrid, it has pretty decent looks, it has tonnes of aftermarket support (Mugen supercharger ftw!!!) and if done correctly, you could win races like the winning CRZ NA in the ZTH Timetoattack. That CRZ had a lot of Spoon, J's racing and other aftermarket parts.

For RM100k+ you can get a bigger better car but for sheer driving pleasure it's a good choice. For performance a Satria Neo will outrun you but for FC it's great if driven properly.

Pros and cons. Simple as that.

Disclaimer : Sorry PocketRocket!
Yes, back to topic, to me is Worth buying. For the looks? For the new technologies of the car, nice
interior? at RM115K which is slightly more expensive than Honda City and Honda Insight?

Overall comparisons with those two, I would rather get a CR-Z if I can afford any of these 3.

Yes, we can get many other cars at RM115K, which is why it bores down to individual preferences.

Not all cars were manufactured today are able to please all group of consumers or
meet all consumer's needs and criteria.

Just buy what u like or think worth it.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
Myvis? Close eye also can win with CR-Z.

Cars that it can outrun are cars around 2.0 - 2.4L. Talking about normal sedans not some
sports cars at 2.0L.

I'm not the driver but a friend of mine who own and tested the CR-Z with those cars.
I was left far away when I tested with my 1.8L ride. Mine is A/T of course.

U wont feel what I said if u never get smoke by one before. Yes is a 1.5L Hybrid but not too
much of a underpowered like many has claim. Every car will be underpowered if u r
gonna compare it with better cars. Is a 1.5L CR-Z, what's more do we expect? yet is not
manufactured as sports car or performance car in stock unlike the FD2R or FN2R.

Is like comparing the Corolla XRS with 2ZZ-GE and a 1ZZ-FE Altis and we
just complain is slow.

If we were to compare with cars that is also 1.5L like Vios, Honda City, and etcs, the power
of CR-Z is already very impressive as many has claim it drives like a 1.8L.
that is why i am waiting for our fellow bro there to personally reply...
outdone what car?

as far as i know, all of the crz that cucuk me thus far end up tasting my altis smoke...
:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SupFan : Personally, for the same money I'd consider the Toyota Prius C or Honda Jazz Hybrid (if I were in the market for a Hybrid... which I will never ever be). Less money and I dunno... more practicality?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
that is why i am waiting for our fellow bro there to personally reply...
outdone what car?

as far as i know, all of the crz that cucuk me thus far end up tasting my altis smoke...
2.0 Dual VVT-i? U met those A/T one kot :biggrin:

SupFan : Personally, for the same money I'd consider the Toyota Prius C or Honda Jazz Hybrid (if I were in the market for a Hybrid... which I will never ever be). Less money and I dunno... more practicality?
Yes, buying CR-Z for me is not cuz is hybrid or cuz it saves more fuel. Just love the design and
the fun in driving it. Looks good and sporty. Love the dashboard design the most. Sound
system for stock, is real good too..I would take Prius C if the design was better.

But then, it doesnt attract me the same as how CR-Z attracts me. :smile:

Yes Jazz and Prius C is more practical since is 4 door, CR-Z is just a car for two. So, definitely have to be a 2nd car.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
6 MT types...
can hear them downshifting but going no where...
Not my version of Altis, totally being smoked :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

come here to give tips and hints about the 2way alarm.

i am using King Eagle. Functional wise is pretty good though the communication range doesnt seems to be as far as stated.

- Question on remote start.

My system crank 'abit' longer than normal turn-key start. Is not axactly overcranking. During normal key start my car only require half second crank whereby the alarm system crank for a second lo.

currently the 'stop-cranking' sensor is connected to 'Check oil pressure'. So i wonder...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience