Is P2 Axia a good buy?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
rather let the car takes the crumple than ur body. been there.
sore for weeks on arms and back.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Proton Iris can't really compare to Perodua Axia. Since Iriz is 1.3-1.6 Variant. While the Axia is only 1.0L and priced cheaper is not a surprise.

Seems to be quite similar to Kelisa last time. Is also that thin only.
I think what bro. Izso meant was take a look at the Iris before deciding. Axia high end cost almost the same and maybe it more worth taking Iris as it is bigger also....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

better buy now before long waiting list. cant go wrong with p2.
Newspaper report 15k booking dy....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think what bro. Izso meant was take a look at the Iris before deciding. Axia high end cost almost the same and maybe it more worth taking Iris as it is bigger also....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Ya, at least displacement also higher if I were to choose Iris instead of Perodua. But being a Perodua, they had already give consumers an impression that is reliable, good fc and not too expensive to maintain.

On the other hand, Proton is always deem as taking consumers as guinea pig especially the 1st few batches then improve from there.

Best example, Saga BLM and FLX. 1 is IAFM which have IAFM problems and the FLX is IAFM+ which problem was resolved.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, at least displacement also higher if I were to choose Iris instead of Perodua. But being a Perodua, they had already give consumers an impression that is reliable, good fc and not too expensive to maintain.

On the other hand, Proton is always deem as taking consumers as guinea pig especially the 1st few batches then improve from there.

Best example, Saga BLM and FLX. 1 is IAFM which have IAFM problems and the FLX is IAFM+ which problem was resolved.
Then like bro. SC Persona, the newer model cheaper and have more goodies.....:smokin:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Good buy or goodbye is subject to your affordability, and purpose of the car.

I foresee those buying the Axia are those who already have a few cars at home, and just want something cheap to maintain (Oh wait, the Axia is designed to use 0W-20 FULL SYNTHETIC engine oil, for their EEV claims).

Or maybe for someone just for short drives. Like, town driving which does not require to drive on big highways. At least it's easy to park thanks to its front parking sensor (Advance only), Electronic Power Steering and small nimble size.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Newspaper report 15k booking dy....:smokin:[/QUOTE]

Booking is one. Buying is another matter.
So long the deal is not sealed, then profit is still not made.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Good buy or goodbye is subject to your affordability, and purpose of the car.

I foresee those buying the Axia are those who already have a few cars at home, and just want something cheap to maintain (Oh wait, the Axia is designed to use 0W-20 FULL SYNTHETIC engine oil, for their EEV claims).

Or maybe for someone just for short drives. Like, town driving which does not require to drive on big highways. At least it's easy to park thanks to its front parking sensor (Advance only), Electronic Power Steering and small nimble size.
I personally do not think that P2 will use 0W-20 for Axia normal service. They will stick to their popular 5W-30 or 10W-30. Popular among perodua because they only have these 2 in most SC. So maybe Axia user will not easily get 21.6km/l as per claimed. But well, I get more milage in my perodua compared to their claimed fuel consumption. So I would say that 21.6km/l is still possible, under very good conditions like no traffic jam, more highway cruising at maybe 70-80kmh, good weather, etc.

So long the deal is not sealed, then profit is still not made.[/QUOTE]

Since they are targeting to sell 30k units this year, we will see. If they reach 30k by year end means they are making money. If they got beaten by Iriz, means they failed to impress

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I personally do not think that P2 will use 0W-20 for Axia normal service. They will stick to their popular 5W-30 or 10W-30. Popular among perodua because they only have these 2 in most SC. So maybe Axia user will not easily get 21.6km/l as per claimed. But well, I get more milage in my perodua compared to their claimed fuel consumption. So I would say that 21.6km/l is still possible, under very good conditions like no traffic jam, more highway cruising at maybe 70-80kmh, good weather, etc.

So long the deal is not sealed, then profit is still not made.

Since they are targeting to sell 30k units this year, we will see. If they reach 30k by year end means they are making money. If they got beaten by Iriz, means they failed to impress
It is stated in the brochure that they are using 0W-20 for FC purposes. I would believe that when it comes to servicing, they'll stick back to the 0W-20 oils as well, unless the customer wants otherwise. The service booklet would also state that the optimum oil to be used would be the 0W-20 oil.

Sure you can use other oils in there, but P2 wont guarantee you can achieve the said FC claims la.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It is stated in the brochure that they are using 0W-20 for FC purposes. I would believe that when it comes to servicing, they'll stick back to the 0W-20 oils as well, unless the customer wants otherwise. The service booklet would also state that the optimum oil to be used would be the 0W-20 oil.

Sure you can use other oils in there, but P2 wont guarantee you can achieve the said FC claims la.
Will be expensive oil change then......:smokin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

I'll be interested to try 0W-20 FS oil in my myvi if they really have it.

My guess on why they indicated it in the brochure is because they will be using the usual 5W30 or 10W30. And then when customers complain why cant they achieve 21.6km/l, P2 will say that the test is based on 0W20 oil. So unless the customers use 0W20 FS, 21.6km/l wont be easily achieve maybe? Coz many people will assume that 21.6km/l is achieved using 5W30 Semi Syn. :driver:

Also, is P2 offering free maintenance service for Axia?

Last edited:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Cheap car, not so cheap oil change.

My guess on why they indicated it in the brochure is because they will be using the usual 5W30 or 10W30. And then when customers complain why cant they achieve 21.6km/l, P2 will say that the test is based on 0W20 oil. So unless the customers use 0W20 FS, 21.6km/l wont be easily achieve maybe? Coz many people will assume that 21.6km/l is achieved using 5W30 Semi Syn. :driver:
Plausible.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I think still bores down to how heavy is your foot is more cost effective :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Also, is P2 offering free maintenance service for Axia?
Cv, you drive like Uncle then can use 0w-20. My friend tried in his Honda, high revs oil disappear....switch back to 5w-30 oil level maintain....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

I think still bores down to how heavy is your foot is more cost effective :rofl:
Must drive like Uncle Cv.....:rofl::rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I still have one 1L bottle of Mobil 1 0W20 at home. I used it on my Wira for a while (the other 3 bottles). Didn't use it long. About 2000 km changed it out cuz I could not stand the way the car struggled at higher revs.

Anyway, so the Iris is RM42k starting price. I think the Axia is going to sell well.