Is it wise for me to buy these second hand cars?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
but no turbo... people always associate turbo with high maintenance. or is it maybe if dont overboost, and not always pedal to metal, expect normal maintenance?
Normal jee. My stock gsr engine go market, go work daily, go pusing pusing. Pulls away from taliban also can...hahaha

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
When i am in luv with hatches i always wondered what its like to drive a satria transplanted with a mitsu 1.6 v6 engine. Now i am still wondering abt it. can u please make me stop wondering?
reason why it isnt that popular is the same as many other cars with similar cc options with more pots. you typically end up spending more on maintenance for around the same amount of power. Only real pro is its smoothness.

do you really want a 1.6 where its maintenance is basically in the same range as the 2L variant and parts are less common? imo the cons outweigh the pros... an mitsu's v6s are pretty horrid to work on (imo)

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
reason why it isnt that popular is the same as many other cars with similar cc options with more pots. you typically end up spending more on maintenance for around the same amount of power. Only real pro is its smoothness.

do you really want a 1.6 where its maintenance is basically in the same range as the 2L variant and parts are less common? imo the cons outweigh the pros... an mitsu's v6s are pretty horrid to work on (imo)
so better spare the smoothness for big sedan/MPV, and for satria go for pure turbo power...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
talking about generation gap... i still have the cassette storage below the head unit. A lot of younger generation doesn't even know what is that compartment. They cannot imagine a cassette tape to store there. hahaha.... :rock:
I'm considered in the younger generation, being born after 1990 but I do know about that compartment. I've met a few people who are surprised that I'm driving cars like Saga Iswara, Wira because it is uncommon for people around my age to drive these.

maybe keep the stock look, but engine can modified.. hehe
i am really interested to modify my satria to become a sleeper satria. slam a 4g93t or 4g63t in it and keep others things that are visible from the outside in stock (paint the intercooler black). i really want to keep the original rim, but if swap bigger engine, need to upgrade brake and stock rim cannot fit already.. dream only la, dont know when it will happen la.. haha
My Wira if I swap in a 4G92 MIVEC or 4G93 DOHC, nobody would notice it from outside because everything is stock externally except for the wheels and twin tip exhaust.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
u got a point, then you made me wondering now.. damn you... hahaha
hows the maintenance compared with 93t/63t?
If you're talking DIY -the 93/63 is way easier to work on. And skip 63 la - way too old and a major hassle to get endorsed on Protons. A well done up 93T is plenty good but you'll still get your ass handed to you by a Kelisa + K3VE or a Myvi K3VET.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
If you're talking DIY -the 93/63 is way easier to work on. And skip 63 la - way too old and a major hassle to get endorsed on Protons. A well done up 93T is plenty good but you'll still get your ass handed to you by a Kelisa + K3VE or a Myvi K3VET.
seriyes ar? so fast myvi K3VET? i tot 93t is fast enough to beat all other swaps, just that it is a little less than its brother 63t. duno la, my knowledge is engine swaps and comparison is very little...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
seriyes ar? so fast myvi K3VET? i tot 93t is fast enough to beat all other swaps, just that it is a little less than its brother 63t. duno la, my knowledge is engine swaps and comparison is very little...
They are much lighter, power to weight ratio better. Like one of the tyre shop boss once tried my VR and exactly same day got one Wira with 63T came for tyre change. He tested both and mentioned the wira has much more power as my E33A Mitsu body is heavy.......lol

Reactions: minibeany

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all Master

i need help anyone can intro a Good Sifu to me for repair my 4g92, around klang vally

thanks a lot:burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience