IS 250 Recond Spec?

iamJimmy

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all Lexus owner,

I need some help for your experience. I'm fairly new here...I'm planning to get a Lexus IS250 recond model. But there are too many specs in the market that making me confused. Hope you guys can share your 2 cents on:

1) does it really matter if it's UK or JP spec? is there any different beside of the speed cut?

2) that's few models that comes with navigation monitor (UK & Jp spec) but my understanding is both wont be able to work with malaysia gps map? Is that correct?

3) If that's true will it be better if I purchase the car with a standard console system without navigation & monitor and then only change it to flyaudio myself in malaysia? Anyone tried this so far or is it even possible to do this?

4) That's one UK model that I really like, the car looks fairly new on exterior and interior, only done 30k mileage, year 2007 model..but when I look at the undercarriage there are all rusty...the salesman say that his workshop will fix it if I buy from them, they said all UK model is like that and ask me not to worry cause his workshop ppl will scrub all the rusty part with sand paper or what? Is he tell the true that it can be done? or is he just plain lying to me? And I'm not a car expert, so I would like to ask what can happen if the rusty part remains?

5) When I saw few Japan specs, the undercarriage was not as rusty as the UK spec! So should means japan specs better?

Would appreciate if anyone can share some comments on my above doubt. Thank you in advance :)

satrianeo-x

satrianeo-x

Jul 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I like this lexus u looking at too. But I like the IS F version more but it cost a whole lot more haha.

J or UK:
I would personally choose the one from J. They are known to take care of things, I have exp this not in cars only, but also in the way they treat their rented homes here, or anything for that matter. It is a mantra, a way of life for them, not like us, selfish and inconsiderate.

GPS/Player unit:
Take it as it is and remember to snapshot it. Yes the GPS won't work, but u can change to local without having to change the centre console/player/monitor unit. Esp when you are one of those who like em original. For me, it's not my main concern, the engine/chasis is.

KM:
no matter what 'they' tell u, all KM is reset somewhat. It does not matter which recon company u buy it from. It's business u see. But usually the recon models don't give much issues. Better still buy a benz if concern, due to it's bullet proof engine.

Happy hunting!

iamJimmy

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Not really because any paint shop can do it. Sand off the rust, spray anti rust coat then paint.
I see, so it's fine to get the UK specs if the salesman willing to sand off it and spray anti rust coat for it right? Will it be working like normal after that? cause it's already rusty...just curious

thanks for your reply though :)

mcliong1

Known Member

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
its ok for few years ahead..... I think u try to survey for Japan Spec if u not really like about the undercarriage rust. Welcome.... good luck in searching the best Lexus....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Best Lexus that we can get in Malaysia Besides the Limited Edition LF-A....is the Lexus IS-F :biggrin:

yupio

yupio

Jan 7, 2009
In UK, they use salt on the road during winter hence the rusty undercarriage...not just undercarriage, all suspension links, absorbers, even hood creases are all rusty and worst situation is corroded.

For Jpn, during winter, they treat it with non-salt solution which is friendly to vehicles hence there's no rust on undercarriage or anywhere.

For minor rust, yes, you can treat it and apply anti-rust.....but rust eats into metal...if its been rusty for long, like few years....applying paint and antirust are just really covering up the rust only....once it's there, its there forever.....

Navi version, even though the GPS is not working for MY, there are still other functions such as HDD controls (Jpn version), climate controls, bluetooth controls, etc. Without the navi screen, visibility of the functions are somewhat limited.

If it's my choice, I'd take Jpn model anytime...and hopefully, once all the paperwork is done, I can collect my IS250 in a week or two hehe.

Oh ya, forgot to mention, UK, SG & MY version are all detuned to 205hp & 250Nm due to wanting to cater to RON95 petrol. If you get the Jpn version, its stock 215hp & 260Nm as the Jpn version runs on RON100 back in their country.

For Jpn version, it runs fine on RON95, no problem but if you really wanna tap the powarrr, you'll need to pump RON97 and if possible, add in Octane Booster...then you'll feel the difference. :)

As for the speed cut of 180km/h, just install Pivot's Speed Meter V which is around RM280~300 and it will disable the speed cut. It will also give you the speed reading beyond 180km/h (your console meter only has till 180km/h).

Correct me if I am wrong guys coz I am just sharing my research...haven't even own one yet...I m being honest :)

Last edited:

iamJimmy

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
In UK, they use salt on the road during winter hence the rusty undercarriage...not just undercarriage, all suspension links, absorbers, even hood creases are all rusty and worst situation is corroded.

For Jpn, during winter, they treat it with non-salt solution which is friendly to vehicles hence there's no rust on undercarriage or anywhere.

For minor rust, yes, you can treat it and apply anti-rust.....but rust eats into metal...if its been rusty for long, like few years....applying paint and antirust are just really covering up the rust only....once it's there, its there forever.....

Navi version, even though the GPS is not working for MY, there are still other functions such as HDD controls (Jpn version), climate controls, bluetooth controls, etc. Without the navi screen, visibility of the functions are somewhat limited.

If it's my choice, I'd take Jpn model anytime...and hopefully, once all the paperwork is done, I can collect my IS250 in a week or two hehe.

Oh ya, forgot to mention, UK, SG & MY version are all detuned to 205hp & 250Nm due to wanting to cater to RON95 petrol. If you get the Jpn version, its stock 215hp & 260Nm as the Jpn version runs on RON100 back in their country.

For Jpn version, it runs fine on RON95, no problem but if you really wanna tap the powarrr, you'll need to pump RON97 and if possible, add in Octane Booster...then you'll feel the difference. :)

As for the speed cut of 180km/h, just install Pivot's Speed Meter V which is around RM280~300 and it will disable the speed cut. It will also give you the speed reading beyond 180km/h (your console meter only has till 180km/h).

Correct me if I am wrong guys coz I am just sharing my research...haven't even own one yet...I m being honest :)
Thanks for sharing your research...sounds like Japan specs is the way to go :)
But i'm still holding back due to the navigation console...I wont be able to understand a single words from it cause i dont read any japanese..lolx

yupio

yupio

Jan 7, 2009
Well, don't be afraid of the Japs.......its not like the car is telling u a long story or asking u to read a long essay in Japs....

Most of the controls in the navi console do have icons which is rather straight forward.....also, the controls are just a few clicks here and there....it is no complicated at all and in no time, you will be familiar with it. I don't read nor understand Japanese but during my test drive, I am able to figure out quite a number of features n stuffs from the navi console as well as from the multi information display where we play with the 'satellite switch' right below the instrument light control button.

And if you're not convinced, we have this friendly ppl in the club who is ever willing to help I am sure to get u familiar with the controls.

Well it's entirely up to individuals....for me, I hate to look at mph dials & mileage.....lazy to convert them in my mind when I see the ODO / TRIP meter.

Last edited:

iamJimmy

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well, don't be afraid of the Japs.......its not like the car is telling u a long story or asking u to read a long essay in Japs....

Most of the controls in the navi console do have icons which is rather straight forward.....also, the controls are just a few clicks here and there....it is no complicated at all and in no time, you will be familiar with it. I don't read nor understand Japanese but during my test drive, I am able to figure out quite a number of features n stuffs from the navi console as well as from the multi information display where we play with the 'satellite switch' right below the instrument light control button.

And if you're not convinced, we have this friendly ppl in the club who is ever willing to help I am sure to get u familiar with the controls.

Well it's entirely up to individuals....for me, I hate to look at mph dials & mileage.....lazy to convert them in my mind when I see the ODO / TRIP meter.
well said! thanks a lot... does anyone familiar or trusted with any carshow room that I can go have a look at lexus, the showroom that I went to last week has already sold the car that I wanted :(

Preferably KL or PJ area :)

yupio

yupio

Jan 7, 2009
well said! thanks a lot... does anyone familiar or trusted with any carshow room that I can go have a look at lexus, the showroom that I went to last week has already sold the car that I wanted :(

Preferably KL or PJ area :)
Just walk into the Naza showroom, I am sure they have some IS250 or even IS F that you can try on. Their stocks are rather shocking once you see their stock list (their sales advisor refers to them).

If you're in the northern region, Naza here will be having around 5 units of IS250 incoming just arrived at port from Japan. And I can intro you to the top sales advisor here which would give u at least some 'advantage' compared to the other SA :proud:

I have been comparing a lot during my search for imports. My last 2 rides are also from Naza...I can say that due to their huge stockpile, you get more choices when it comes to the spec you wanted, the colour you wanted, the condition you wanted as well as the year make u wanted and lastly but most importantly, the price you wanted. Naza price can be the cheapest at times u know. And now they are having this Naza Carnival Fair......

And NO, I am no Naza Salesman.....

iamJimmy

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Just walk into the Naza showroom, I am sure they have some IS250 or even IS F that you can try on. Their stocks are rather shocking once you see their stock list (their sales advisor refers to them).

If you're in the northern region, Naza here will be having around 5 units of IS250 incoming just arrived at port from Japan. And I can intro you to the top sales advisor here which would give u at least some 'advantage' compared to the other SA :proud:

I have been comparing a lot during my search for imports. My last 2 rides are also from Naza...I can say that due to their huge stockpile, you get more choices when it comes to the spec you wanted, the colour you wanted, the condition you wanted as well as the year make u wanted and lastly but most importantly, the price you wanted. Naza price can be the cheapest at times u know. And now they are having this Naza Carnival Fair......

And NO, I am no Naza Salesman.....
hahahaha thanks for the heads up...will go Naza tomorrow to check it out...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

damn fark up!

kena deep hole kau kau..
when drive 40km like that..on the puchong road..to kinrara there..
and my rims..was bangkok abit..
on the side ankle..

so guys..does it anyways..i can repair it?

how much?
wat does more i need to do??
balancing?alignment?

sure do?

plz help! :ph34r: :ph34r:

So Innocent noobs!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience