IS 250 Recond Spec?

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All...
Greetings...
First of all thank you all... as I was reading up on most of your post on the IS250 before I dcd to get my own. All done and over with and I'm getting my ride tomorrow morning... kinda excited... hihihi. Am getting a '08 UK spec from Vision motors.
Hope to join you all soon for a TT session.

Thanks again guys... all your post really are very helpful to fellow chaps like me whom are new to the Lexus world. :D
Andrenalin rush in me keepin me awake... ;) but i guess I need to force myself to hit the sack now. Good night guys...
Congrats on your new ride :)

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
yea bro, guess have to keep searching high and low...and actually I'm planning to change before september that's why I'm rushing..my current car road tax expire in early september.

i guess if i can't find a good lexus, i might have to change my choice of cars :(
Jimmy, I can intro the dealer which i had... she was very flexible and responsible (She drove the car from PJ all the way to Balakong Win Hing SC for inspection) ....even layan me for complaints claims after 3 months of ownership.

PM me if you want her details.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All...
Greetings...
First of all thank you all... as I was reading up on most of your post on the IS250 before I dcd to get my own. All done and over with and I'm getting my ride tomorrow morning... kinda excited... hihihi. Am getting a '08 UK spec from Vision motors.
Hope to join you all soon for a TT session.

Thanks again guys... all your post really are very helpful to fellow chaps like me whom are new to the Lexus world. :D
Andrenalin rush in me keepin me awake... ;) but i guess I need to force myself to hit the sack now. Good night guys...
good to have another member on board.................do join us for the next TT session..........

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I'll be getting my car by end of the week, hopefully before raya holiday...It's a recond car and I'm not sure should I be doing the following steps to ensure I got a smooth ride... so just wanna ask some professional opinion on some issue below:

1) Should I send the car to outside workshop for a detail full service when I collect my car from the salesman? (according to my sales man, he say he will service the car, touch up everything before pass to me...
2) If I should send the car to outside workshop to service again, what should the service consist off: changing spark plug,change oil filter, what else should I change?
3) What should I be looking at or must check when I collect the car (sorry first time buying recond car)
4) Want to do a tinting for all window, any recommendation on a good tint, Vkool or 3M?
5) Mine was a 2007 model, so I was thinking to add some minor bodykit (front & back lip, side skirting, etc) any brand you can recommend? and please share the shop name if can :)

Progressive

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
I am using 3m tint.... no regrets till today...
Vkool is a metalic film...rust will form at the edge after some time...

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I'll be getting my car by end of the week, hopefully before raya holiday...It's a recond car and I'm not sure should I be doing the following steps to ensure I got a smooth ride... so just wanna ask some professional opinion on some issue below:

1) Should I send the car to outside workshop for a detail full service when I collect my car from the salesman? (according to my sales man, he say he will service the car, touch up everything before pass to me...
2) If I should send the car to outside workshop to service again, what should the service consist off: changing spark plug,change oil filter, what else should I change?
3) What should I be looking at or must check when I collect the car (sorry first time buying recond car)
4) Want to do a tinting for all window, any recommendation on a good tint, Vkool or 3M?
5) Mine was a 2007 model, so I was thinking to add some minor bodykit (front & back lip, side skirting, etc) any brand you can recommend? and please share the shop name if can :)
Hey jimmy,

This should help:
1. Yes definately. To be honest you don't know what sort of oil they use, whether they really do full check up & service. And off course always better to get a second opinion from other people.
2. There is a set of guidelines for standard maintenance schedule for the IS online. try looking for it. or some professional places already know what has to be done at what milage. but it it printed online as a back up.
3. check everything, make sure all the switches work in the car, press all buttons and take your time to check as this will cost $$$ for you next time. check the body - make sure the touch up work that was done is good - if not complain.......... check interior, open and lcosing of all doors, boot, bonnet........ fuel cap. check under the boot carpets - spare tyre. engine bay, look for signs of leaking, got on your knees and check under the car..........
4. i'm using huper optik, for 2 years now. no complaints.
5. i don't really know any shop to recomend - mine came with the original bodykit ;) hehehhe. but check mudah, zerotohundred there should be plenty there.

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
Hi Jimmy, I'm using Llumar film 4mm thickness. So far no prob...if got prob also eg. peeling, bubbling will replaced on d spot without charge. If ur interested, I can get for you near cost price. (Llumar Puchong Branch). Jpj approved too.
Congrats on ur new ride!

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wow thanks for the info ED, it's was helpful... Guess I'm not gonna take the risk, better send it for service again after get my car... You reckon I should go Vision Sunway to service? When you say mileage, I doubt the meter is showing the real mileage of the car... The salesman must have it reduce... So it's hard to tell what are the real mileage of the car so how do I identified if the service workshop ask me?

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

Hi Jimmy, I'm using Llumar film 4mm thickness. So far no prob...if got prob also eg. peeling, bubbling will replaced on d spot without charge. If ur interested, I can get for you near cost price. (Llumar Puchong Branch). Jpj approved too.
Congrats on ur new ride!
Wow...nice, how much to tint all window and front & rear windscreen bro? So tempting near cost price :)

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Hey jimmy,

This should help:
1. Yes definately. To be honest you don't know what sort of oil they use, whether they really do full check up & service. And off course always better to get a second opinion from other people.
2. There is a set of guidelines for standard maintenance schedule for the IS online. try looking for it. or some professional places already know what has to be done at what milage. but it it printed online as a back up.
3. check everything, make sure all the switches work in the car, press all buttons and take your time to check as this will cost $$$ for you next time. check the body - make sure the touch up work that was done is good - if not complain.......... check interior, open and lcosing of all doors, boot, bonnet........ fuel cap. check under the boot carpets - spare tyre. engine bay, look for signs of leaking, got on your knees and check under the car..........
4. i'm using huper optik, for 2 years now. no complaints.
5. i don't really know any shop to recomend - mine came with the original bodykit ;) hehehhe. but check mudah, zerotohundred there should be plenty there.
Hi ED,
Need another advice on what sort of oil needs to be change during big service? And what brand do you recommend for those oil?

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Wow thanks for the info ED, it's was helpful... Guess I'm not gonna take the risk, better send it for service again after get my car... You reckon I should go Vision Sunway to service? When you say mileage, I doubt the meter is showing the real mileage of the car... The salesman must have it reduce... So it's hard to tell what are the real mileage of the car so how do I identified if the service workshop ask me?

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

Wow...nice, how much to tint all window and front & rear windscreen bro? So tempting near cost price :)

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Hi ED,
Need another advice on what sort of oil needs to be change during big service? And what brand do you recommend for those oil?

Bro,

When i got my car - i did the works(didn't want to take any chance) = Full service, black oil, gearbox, brakes fluids, plugs, checked everything and even put the car on the Dyno (just to make sure the car is working the way it should) even changed my front brake disc (but paid to much for it, coz now i know better). Spent about 4-5 hours the first time. My first service cost me 4K......... have to go look for that receipt.....

I'm using what vision recomends - toms for engine, toyota for brakes & GB.

If the meter was tempered, they should be able to tell how much the engine has already done. take your time and sit with them and learn abut your car. check the under carriage all as well when the car is jacked up.

not to say i hard core supporter for Vision, but i don't have any issue's when i go there, i know the manager, the staff and all pretty friendly fellas. but most important they know how to treat your car well......... and (touch wood) no problems with their work.

I would also recomend you to do aligment & balancing, dunno how bad the car was before the earlier owner sold it.

iamJimmy

Jul 24, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I have finally get every done by today.... I'm ready to join any coming up TT... Just holla when there's any TT k...and thank all for all the valuable information... :)

Aug 23, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all Lexus owners,

Im looking to buy a recond IS250 too.
Have been reading this thread for quite some time and have gained many useful knowledge from all bros' posts/ replies.

Currently have found a satisfied one with all the goodies i wanted and good price, but its in black color.
As im looking for a white color, isit recommended to pick another one or buy it and spray it
into white?
If spray, will it affect the car condition?

khoohl

Jul 13, 2009
I am looking for a recond IS250 as well. this forum has been helpful.

i am looking for a UK Spec purely because i really hate the Japanese menu and functions that cannot be used on the TV screen. Alternatively, if i find a Jap model without the Navi, i may consider :p

Am going to check out Naza soon to see what models they have

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all Lexus owners,

Im looking to buy a recond IS250 too.
Have been reading this thread for quite some time and have gained many useful knowledge from all bros' posts/ replies.

Currently have found a satisfied one with all the goodies i wanted and good price, but its in black color.
As im looking for a white color, isit recommended to pick another one or buy it and spray it
into white?
If spray, will it affect the car condition?
should not be a problem if you spray white. but must send for inspection after you change the color. just fins a good painter for your car. i got my painter who did my car if you want recomendations.

Aug 23, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thank bro ed78 for the info.

btw the interior of the car abit scratched ( paint near the gear),
will they revamp the whole car ie. change new tyres, exterior scratch marks and also the interior
before we get the car?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone can help me out.. :rolleyes: ..thanx...coz i try polishing it..oso kenot come out... haih. :( .so sad. :( ..even wash aredi...still look dirty.. :angry:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience