Irresponsible Go Kart Track Owner at Kelab Komuniti Taman Tasik Cyberjaya

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
What I'm absolutely baffled about is how the hell do you get flung out of a fun kart? 80cc karts are so slow it's impossible to take a corner fast even at full throttle much less get flung out of the kart.
If when accident happen she let go steering wheel, plus hit something, it is high chance that will threw out of kart. I wander did the operators told her that when u lost control of the kart "just steer lock + full brake" or not...

It is a OUCH anyway...

Mic

Dec 3, 2005
As I know , go kart is a dangerours sport n you have to know how to drive safely before take it to a ride, harness on kart? Never heard about , not even in pro racing. If you crashed means you lose control or you totally don't know how to control the go kart. But I enjoy it myself .

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
1) Low safety measures on karting facilities (faulty helmets, no safety harness etc)
2) Irresponsible organizers
3) Cheating on indemnity forms
4) Organizers did not conduct any training to customers before the session
5) No on track safety briefing
I feel sorry for this lady for the mishap. Yes, you can get thrown off the kart even if it's a 80cc kart. Karts will not come with a harness.

Faulty helmets? Are all helmets available during that time faulty? if yes, then I agree it is the management's responsibility to supply helmets with good working strap. From the lady's facebook picture, the helmet that she wore seems to have a loose strap. Not fasten properly or it was really faulty?

Brake failure? from the lady's pic, i can see both of her legs are fully stretched and can barely press the pedals. driver should pick the suitable kart. but normally if your leg cannot reach the pedal they will put a cushion on the seat.:driver:

I agree about the lack of safety briefing but normally this is being done by an organizer should there be an event. Most first timers came with friends with some karting experience and will get briefed by them.. unless their friend also irresponsible :stupid:

Attachments

Mic

Dec 3, 2005
To be on the safe side, no experience on hard driving, better don't try Go Kart and don't think racing is easy, Like Niki Lauda once said, With more driver aids, even monkey can drive the F1 car:. So simple?

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
To be on the safe side, no experience on hard driving, better don't try Go Kart and don't think racing is easy, Like Niki Lauda once said, With more driver aids, even monkey can drive the F1 car:. So simple?
I feel offended... U saying only abt 200 persons in this world can drive better than monkey =(

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What I'm absolutely baffled about is how the hell do you get flung out of a fun kart? 80cc karts are so slow it's impossible to take a corner fast even at full throttle much less get flung out of the kart.
Bro this is the spec:

Go-kart specifications:

4 Stroke Robin-Subaru engine with 5Zigen exhaust system
8 horsepower, 210cc
Top speed of 70km/h
Adjustable throttle and brake paddles
Hydraulic brakes
Comfortable tillet seats
Bridgestone YDS high performance tyres for optimum grip
Onboard key ignition

[Up to 75% Off] Unlimited Circuit Go-karting for 1 hour from RM65 this is the link

It definitely can throw one out of the kart coz it is really quite fast. But I believe the victim is a petite so its really easier to get flung out. Karts are kinda flat, so tall ppl can sit firmly with their legs pressing the body on the seat.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok. Perhaps I'm just too heavy to be thrown out of a kart like that.

But judging from the picture of the girl with the unfastened helmet, she's too short for the kart and the helmet setup could have been better.

In shah alam kart center, they put cushions behind the girls who need the boost to get them nearer to the pedals. It gives for better leg grip and more stability. But having said that the indemnity form which they 'signed' was a blank sheet - if that's the case the kart center are irresponsible.

Aiya.. what's done is done. Here's hoping the girl recovers and enjoys a session of karting properly next round minus the injuries.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ok. Perhaps I'm just too heavy to be thrown out of a kart like that.

But judging from the picture of the girl with the unfastened helmet, she's too short for the kart and the helmet setup could have been better.

In shah alam kart center, they put cushions behind the girls who need the boost to get them nearer to the pedals. It gives for better leg grip and more stability. But having said that the indemnity form which they 'signed' was a blank sheet - if that's the case the kart center are irresponsible.

Aiya.. what's done is done. Here's hoping the girl recovers and enjoys a session of karting properly next round minus the injuries.
This Go-Kart owner do provide cushions for the smaller built...coz my frens asked what are the cushions for.

And concerning the faulty helmets, well i gotta say yes some of them are..erm..kinda faulty i guess? Coz I failed to adjust mine to suit my face length. Its a little bit tight for me but I was thinking "well tighter has no harms" :rofl:

ApexR7

Nov 24, 2011
Kalamazoo - WMU
Geeze, I'm sorry man! That's too bad you had to go through that. That place REALLY needs to be inspected by the authorities.. It's uncalled for!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
As a consumer, I felt I was cheated in monetary kind and I have to suffer the consequences of injuring my head and body due to irresponsible sport organizers.

Recap of my complaints:
1) Low safety measures on karting facilities (faulty helmets, no safety harness etc)
2) Irresponsible organizers
3) Cheating on indemnity forms
4) Organizers did not conduct any training to customers before the session
5) No on track safety briefing

All in all, please share this out to alert people around you against this irresponsible go-karting sports organizers and owners. Please help before other citizens and customers falls prey as victims.

Address:
Kelab Komuniti Taman Tasik Cyberjaya, Jalan Kelab Off Persiaran Semarak Api, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elai...uniti-taman-tasik-cyberjaya/10150816252251198
Sorry to hear about the mess and injuries you had to go through, especially this being your first go-karting experience. But to be honest, you'd probably not get the support / tweets / shares from people in the know especially seasoned karters with your plight.

Karting Circuits have always been an "Enter-at-your-own-risk" zone. Firstly, you're dealing with a device powered by a loud gasoline engine strapped to the rear on 4-wheels, a steering and cable-operated throttle and brake. Its driving at its purest form, with no forms of driver assists, safety, and creature comforts. It also never comes with a safety harness / safety belt of any sort.

That itself says how dangerous the sport can be for beginners or how thrilling it can be for those who love it.

In any sport that could potential involve injuries or even death, like go-karting, mountain climbing, scuba diving, bungee jumping, sky diving, etc, it is crucial the participant knows what they're getting into before committing especially just because there's a cheap / packaged / discount / groupon deal.

I agree the part where these operators should have safety and health measures in place such as the first aid kit, nearest hospital locations, protocol for injuries and better helmets. But you must not have anticipated how severe it could be if you were to crash into a wall head-on should your brakes fail, therefore you resumed wearing that "Faulty" helmet.

Human instincts would tell you to try the brakes to know if they could slow the kart down before resuming your drive. if after a few laps, you're still uncomfortable, you would have replaced your kart or retire your session.

I can empathize the fact that the brakes might have somehow failed out of a sudden causing you to head straight into a tyre barrier, but if you knew so many things were wrong, I am surprised why you wanted to carry on.

Good luck with your case

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
Sorry to hear about the mess and injuries you had to go through, especially this being your first go-karting experience. But to be honest, you'd probably not get the support / tweets / shares from people in the know especially seasoned karters with your plight.

Karting Circuits have always been an "Enter-at-your-own-risk" zone. Firstly, you're dealing with a device powered by a loud gasoline engine strapped to the rear on 4-wheels, a steering and cable-operated throttle and brake. Its driving at its purest form, with no forms of driver assists, safety, and creature comforts. It also never comes with a safety harness / safety belt of any sort.

That itself says how dangerous the sport can be for beginners or how thrilling it can be for those who love it.

In any sport that could potential involve injuries or even death, like go-karting, mountain climbing, scuba diving, bungee jumping, sky diving, etc, it is crucial the participant knows what they're getting into before committing especially just because there's a cheap / packaged / discount / groupon deal.

I agree the part where these operators should have safety and health measures in place such as the first aid kit, nearest hospital locations, protocol for injuries and better helmets. But you must not have anticipated how severe it could be if you were to crash into a wall head-on should your brakes fail, therefore you resumed wearing that "Faulty" helmet.

Human instincts would tell you to try the brakes to know if they could slow the kart down before resuming your drive. if after a few laps, you're still uncomfortable, you would have replaced your kart or retire your session.

I can empathize the fact that the brakes might have somehow failed out of a sudden causing you to head straight into a tyre barrier, but if you knew so many things were wrong, I am surprised why you wanted to carry on.

Good luck with your case
Tom is just very simple, the reason they go on is 1st they hve no or little experience in go kart so they never expect such a small car will bring big impact to it. 2nd is they feel they already pay for it so should go for it n think wouldn't that serious la fun fun only ma.

I really feel sad but not to scare it, accident is so frequent until actually not much people will discuss it but any how this case the organizer should take some responsible(not full). Just take care when playing any games that's always a risk behind the scene.

Slide!

Apr 1, 2008
signing an indemnity form does not mean you give up your rights to file for damages.
its just a way for operators to deter people from making claims.
if you were hurt at their premises and it was thier negligence that caused it, then you have a case.
however the burden of proff lies with you, and i think it will be hard to prove what really happened.
did you take pictures of the accident and the failed brakes?
and who's to say that the brakes were not damaged by your crash?
this is not to discourage you, but you should be aware of what you are in for if you decide to pursue this.
added to that, it doesnt work like the movies, where you can sue for hundreds of thousands.
all you will win is your medical costs and go kart fees, and maybe a little bit more.
but having said all the above, you should stand up for your rights if you believe an injustice has been done and you want to help prevent others for having the same misfortune as you by sending a message to the operator, that they, if indeed or at all, have been negligent.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The sensation of speed is determined by the size and type of your car. The smaller the car, the faster everything seems to be.

Let's discuss.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience