Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Check this out.
===============
from The Star Online
Friday February 23, 2007

Briton wins suit against Government
By CHELSEA L.Y.NG
KUALA LUMPUR: Briton Ronald Beadle, whose passport was impounded for 16 years for alleged tax evasion, won RM3mil in damages for all the suffering he endured.

Judicial Commissioner Tengku Maimun Tuan Mat ordered the Inland Revenue Board, its former assistant director-general and the Government to pay the 69-year-old RM2mil in general damages and RM1mil in exemplary damages.
“I am satisfied that the defendants had carried out their powers arbitrarily without any regard for the plaintiff’s interest,” Tengku Maimun said in her 25-page judgment.

She added that she did not think that Beadle had been falsely imprisoned due to the confiscation of the passport but was convinced that the defendants had unlawfully and improperly issued a directive for its seizure in 1981 to prevent the plaintiff from leaving this country until the sum of RM22,778.70 was paid.
“Their acts and neglects had caused him worry, stress, anxiety, mental anguish, distress, hurt and helplessness,” she said.
“His mind and self-esteem had been injured for more than 16 years, the greatest distress being the denial to visit his ailing father and to attend his father’s funeral in England.”

She said the fact that Beadle had come to Malaya in 1961, helped in the fight against the communists and then spent half his life here with the intention of settling down in the country permanently had aggravated his agony.

Last month, Beadle’s counsel Jeffrey Wong had tried to convince the High Court to grant between RM11mil and RM208mil to the retired army engineer for being wrongfully kept in Peninsular Malaysia between 1982 and 1998 for allegedly owing income tax payments of more than RM22,000.

In 1998, a High Court here cleared Beadle’s name from the said debt, and in 2000 he sued the then Inland Revenue Department for false imprisonment of 5,968 days.

In his suit, Beadle, who is a widower, had also sought RM2.9mil for loss of potential earnings during that period apart from the general and exemplary damages. The court rejected his claims for loss of potential earnings on the grounds it was merely theoretical. The defendants, who have denied all of Beadle’s claims, did not offer any witnesses. The former assistant director-general Hamzah H.M. Saman passed away in 1999.

Beadle, who is from Derbyshire, England, was married to a Malaysian but his wife passed away three years ago. Approached after the judgment, Beadle said he would be returning to England to be with his adopted daughter there but would be back here in September.

Beadle, who is contemplating an appeal against the quantum of judgment, said he was still interested in adopting Malaysia as his second home “if the authorities allow me to do so.”
=====================

Looks like the rempits just lost their money to do skydiving in North Pole. (refer to thread link below)

Rempits Sky Dive in North Pole Thread

Last edited:

satria_95

6,000 RPM

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
16 yrs, man. Justice come so late.
They're trying to tell the world that they're 16 years behind time. Then again, the world already knows it. buahaha Oh wait. Was it 16 years behind time, or was it 49 years behind time? I think it's 49 years.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
satria_95, remember the story that the British old folk got his PR permit 15 years after application? and he got the permit 1 day before he pass away.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
satria_95, remember the story that the British old folk got his PR permit 15 years after application? and he got the permit 1 day before he pass away.
Now that is really a low tactic! U can say No but don't make people beg,thats is the worst thing u can do to someone tat is going to died! Teruk!teruk!

satria_95

6,000 RPM

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
BlackSamurai,
No, I don't remember. Apologies. Is it that a Brit wanted to apply for malaysian PR and was made to wait for 15 years? Then he got the PR 1 day before he died? If this is the story, then my say is that some kind of people are really gonna face it big time when the last days arrive. And I do mean... BIG TIME.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
blardy government....that lads fought the communist and willing to die for not even his own country and thats the way how they repay it.....16 years cant come out of malaya and mere 3 millions......blah......

satria_95

6,000 RPM

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
saga continues,
that white dude fought for more but didn't win that amount. Now the income tax is RM3 mil shorts, which means the IRB officers will be more of a dog chasing us down for unpaid taxes, or so it seems. haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

damn fark up!

kena deep hole kau kau..
when drive 40km like that..on the puchong road..to kinrara there..
and my rims..was bangkok abit..
on the side ankle..

so guys..does it anyways..i can repair it?

how much?
wat does more i need to do??
balancing?alignment?

sure do?

plz help! :ph34r: :ph34r:

So Innocent noobs!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience