t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
temp dont use bar, it tells degree Celsius. it can be 80-150 degree

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
i guess ajik mean C bar is the C indicator at the water temp meter..

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
currently my pressure without oil cooler is ~1.7 bar @ ~90 deg C (idling). If i'm not mistaken, majority cars are below 2 bar pressure during idling. i think don't go below 1.5 bar... not sure after installing oil cooler. hopefully won't drop below 1.5 bar. just my 2 cents. maybe some other sifus can tell their experience.

different viscosity of oil and the type of oil filter gives u different pressure reading oso. ~1.8 bar that time was using 10-40. currently using 5-30 gives me pressure ~1.6 bar.

j_l200s,
you got oil pressure gauge? my OEM Blacktop dont have this woh, is it important or a must to fix this? But i keep my car original lar. use original oil filter and castrol magnetic 10w40 oil, not sure enuf or not lar..

btw, is it advisable for us to use 5w30 on 4AGE? :p

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
j_l200s,
you got oil pressure gauge? my OEM Blacktop dont have this woh, is it important or a must to fix this? But i keep my car original lar. use original oil filter and castrol magnetic 10w40 oil, not sure enuf or not lar..

btw, is it advisable for us to use 5w30 on 4AGE? :p
Yup, i have pressure and temp gauges but have to buy the extra gauges la. it's not a must but it's advisable as u can take note of the readings. Constant oil temp readings above 120 deg C or 130 deg C (forgot d, google it) will start to break down and slowly all your seals will wear off. Meaning, u can throw away your engine oil and change to a better grade/brand. Alternatively, that's where the oil cooler plays the important part. Don't worry about the pressure drop of your oil. U'll understand it once u install it. Mine, in fact, raised 0.1-0.2 bar after installing the oil cooler. The temp drops significantly and seldom shoot past 105 deg C. Usually normal driving is around 85-95 deg C. Highway drive is around 95-100 deg C. 100-105 during hill climb (haven't tried Genting yet tho). Before using oil cooler, all take my readings above and add 5 to 10 deg C.

In short, using oil cooler is FULLY recommended.

w30 oil seems to cause some grinding noise when you rev?
Well, can't really notice the hard grinding sound of the engine after changing from 40 to 30. Maybe my ear not sensitive enough :hmmmm:
So far so good. a few of my friends have been using 5-30w for a couple of years now and didn't heard of any complaints of makan engine oil/white smoke/grinding sound.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys and Gals,
Haven't heard anyone comparing the performance of your car versus the Toyota Vios. Heard that the engine is powerful???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience