Inspira any problems ????

WiraEvoBoy

Dec 5, 2010
Sabah
james, mayb its because the 1.8L 4b10 is not that good for performance specs, the stroke and bore of the engine is not in same diameter, which means its not a square engine which leads to good power but low torque or the other way around depending on the manufacturer settings. resell value wise, i dont think you will sell your inspira after the way u modded it and it is cheaper than the lancer at first..

Last edited:

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I am considering fitting in a Bolt on Turbo to solve the 4B10 lack of torque. However, have to weight the consequences of this mod. I am just worried the stock 4B10 engine will screw up do to the additional torque, at the same time the cost of the BOT cannot exceed my budget of 8K with tuning.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
james,

time for your to hang out and get more updates at speedworks then :)
dont know why so far they've been rather quiet in their progress

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
By the way, there was an Inspira entry to Sepang 1000 last year. But it Did Not finish. Which is a waste as there were only 3 entrants in the 1.8 category. Which means that if you had finish you would have a Podium finish. I understand the car had a LSD. But I am sure this year's Sepang 1000 will see more entries in the 1.8 class.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea soon many more mods as its really a potential car to be modded in years to come :)

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
The problem with me, I never keep my cars more than 3 years. B410 lack of torque means that even though you have a high lift cam, ie 264 degrees etc, it aint going to produce more torque. But I am really interested to drive a 1.8E that is much better than my car. Even with my present mods in induction, exhaust plus a reflash, car does not feel light.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
james,

wat u mean test 1.8E ? ours also considered the E, if u meant the CVT1.8 its even worst in terms of power.

other ways as mentioned before is to swap 4b11 or even 4b12 engines with MT, that will be awesome

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i've just installed a mythelogy lightened crank pulley on my inspira MT, car revs faster now :D What about P&P to increase your car's HP n torque?

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
quicksilver,

wow so fast internal mods liou?
i think not many owners want to do internal as worried on warranty issues etc.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
OK back to my Manual Transmission (MT) complain: I am using a 1.8 MT and for the past 2 months I have been complaining that there is a crunch sound when I down shift from 5th to 4th gear:

On my 30,000 service and my 40,000 service, I made the complain: However due to time constraints on my behalf, Proton Technicians could not ascertain this problem.

Due to the advice of others on the forum:

Today, I have changed my gearbox oil to Torco 75 - 140 : RM60 per liter. I used approximately 2.5 Liters. I chose Torco as I wanted a gearbox oil having a higher viscosity or in simple lay man terms (Thicker).

However, I am still having some crunching sound when I down shift from 5th to 4th gear. It is slightly better.

Now, I will definitely monitor this and I should know that it would take some time for the new gearbox oil to work on the gears.

Lets see whether in a couple of days the gearbox crunching will get better.

I have check this issue with some 1.8 MT owners: Some say that they also experience this and it is the same gear ie down shifting from 5th to 4th.

I am just wondering, how many other owners are facing this and we should collectively write to Proton to explain to them the problem.

Again, I would repeat that in the past Proton has always honored their warranty claims, I have even claim my front wind screen and brake disc rotors plus calipers and pads.

But in this instance due to my impatience plus just the number of cars now going to the Proton Excelency Service Centre located at USJ: Proton has never attended to my complain.

So should the problem persist: I will definitely bring this up to Proton.

However, if you have a 1.8 MT, please try to down shift from 5th to 4th gear at about 100KMH. When I down shift from 5th to 4th, I always blip the accelerator so that my engine revs matches the lower 4th gear. ( No I am not a bull)

Try this and if you encounter the same problem: Lets all write to Proton on this matter.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I would like to report with relief, that once I change to Torco Racing Synthetic Gear Box Oil 75 - 140 W, my crunch sound as I down shift from 5th to 4th is gone.............
I change it last Sunday, initially on the first 2 days, there was no improvement to the crunch sound, ie Synchromesh. However it started getting better yesterday and today is Thursday. Which means that you really need to let the gear oil get into the gears.
Now the gear change is so much smoother.
So for those who enjoy the rush in driving, please change your manual Gear Oil to a much better oil like Torco, Motul or OWS. For me, I will only choose this as you will get a wider viscosity, ie 75 - 90 W vs 75 - 140 W.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I was surfing the Lancer Singapore club. Club members also complain that the Lancer GT 2.0 Manual 4B11 has the same problem in sychromesh.
DMS, as a reference, do we share the same manual transmission as the 2.0 4B11. I suspect its the same! If its the same, we can buy after market clutches available in Singapore.
I will change mine at 80,000 KM, its now 40,000 KM on clock.

Hassan.77

Known Member
Dec 14, 2011
Selangor
helo.....what do you think if the suspension change to Adjustable one, do u think any sound come again?...could u tell me the range price of the adjust absober for inspira?..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How much work am i looking at to fit a ver.7 Brembos on a satria (both 4pot-frnt/2pot-rear)..? :bike:
I was wondering Cause the sti's brembo caliper mounts on the back-end of rotor compared to Evos that mounts them on front-end of rotor like most FWD brake.

Other than having to use a wheel dat fits.. wat bout the caliper mounting brackets etc.
Is it actually impossible? any experience on this kind of conversions..? :hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience