Just on dyno
On the road ler..haha
And just scare the CVT Gearbox will problem
After bolt on :)

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
A simple question. Do you want to spend 10k for bolt on if the pull cant last more than 5min?

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Basically the type of engine and chassis layout of an inspira in a layman's term is roughly equivalent to a mitsu lancer gt(I wouldn't claim it to be same due to fanboyism trigger later but we all know the fact) thus If I were u, I'll start the search on YouTube for lancer gt turbo but since I'm here, refer the the link below for a good guide on how to bot a lancer/inspira.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zzZPWRDUzY

If you have the pocket with cash ready and willing to spend, why not? Even for a low boost application, the thrill of experiencing a turbocharge car is priceless even though only meant for overtaking purposes and not getting the 'pull' for more than 5 minutes lol.

But that's just me.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
who is crazy enough to boost continuosly for 5 minutes lol. like my v6 twin turbo, i use the boost for safety overtake only and when some difficult hillclimb situation. boost is nice.

jacthegreat

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
I'm looking into this option myself and been doing a lot of research for my ride, 2.0 inspira. Without a doubt, BOT is my choice. NA tuning for same amount of power gain as compared to BOT will cost even more.

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
who is crazy enough to boost continuosly for 5 minutes lol. like my v6 twin turbo, i use the boost for safety overtake only and when some difficult hillclimb situation. boost is nice.
A good example is genting uphill spirited drive. It mustn't marathon pull for 5min, but on and off during each corner will kill the cvt. Jap car stock 2.0 is good enough to do overtake most of the time. If owner says no problem to spend 12k+- just to boost less than a min or to show off by all means go ahead.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
that means all cvt or conventional auto turbo'd car climb hilly road with their own risk? i believe with good supporting mods and gadget i.e boost controller to limit / arrange the power output at in stages instead of hantam every ponies out will preserve the cvt. my friend lancer gt hard drive / abuse gearbox driving style uphill downhill, so far still ok. perhaps lucky. since i plan to go preve cfe soon, i think maybe i need extra cautious as well if really cvt cannot tahan abuse.

and this goes without saying, all turbo car will kill the components at a faster rate be it factory turbo car or modified.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
BOT on Inspira CVT is not a good idea as the CVT gearbox might not withstand the torque. Better get a 1.8 Inspira Manual and BOT that one instead.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
weak cvt, only for inspira / lancer or all turbo'd cvt? campro cfe cvt tork output is higher than the supposed tork rating that the gearbox can take as per some forum...

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
A good example is genting uphill spirited drive. It mustn't marathon pull for 5min, but on and off during each corner will kill the cvt. Jap car stock 2.0 is good enough to do overtake most of the time. If owner says no problem to spend 12k+- just to boost less than a min or to show off by all means go ahead.
Previous post stated boost for not more than 5 minutes, now posting less than a minute plus show off? If u meant bot is for show off, then u must still be living in a world shielded by a cover the size of a peanut, no offence to u mate but offence noted from your statement above though. There tons of bot out there and it's been donkey years since bot was introduced thus if u still can't figure out the purpose nor the benefit of bot by all means keep to your na and your inconstructive comments are unwelcomed here so no thank you.:smokin:

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
that means all cvt or conventional auto turbo'd car climb hilly road with their own risk? i believe with good supporting mods and gadget i.e boost controller to limit / arrange the power output at in stages instead of hantam every ponies out will preserve the cvt. my friend lancer gt hard drive / abuse gearbox driving style uphill downhill, so far still ok. perhaps lucky. since i plan to go preve cfe soon, i think maybe i need extra cautious as well if really cvt cannot tahan abuse.

and this goes without saying, all turbo car will kill the components at a faster rate be it factory turbo car or modified.
I'm lgt owner also. Mine is facelifted comes with cvt cooler. Tried spirited driving to genting. During the journey with 3 ppl in the car, rev around 4-6k. The gb started to feel laggy before reach top hill. Speedworks has bot for inspira cvt. Is good to consult them and test their car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All ZTH Sifu...

Need ur help on TB issue...

few mechanic tell me that TB from GTI, Putra & SEI can fit to 4g92p...
but some mechanic say that TB cannot fit 4g92p...

really confuse...

thank you for ur help....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience