Independent Garage/Workshop for exotics

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know any independent garages or workshops that service exotics like Ferrari, Maserati or Porsche?

Does Nextcar still run a workshop?

I remember reading about a workshop somewhere in Glenmarie or Shah Alam that services Ferraris, apparently the guy running it is very experienced in working on exotics...anyone know this place?

Much thanks

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Aha!

Found something.

http://star-motoring.com/news/story.asp?file=/2007/9/2/ms_workshops/18250587&sec=ms_workshops
Sunday September 2, 2007

Keeping Old Spark alive

By George Wong

AZMI Shahari and Azrai are brothers who share an intimate knowledge of Porsches. They figured they could make a living out of it. And so they did, translating the seed of an idea into reality with the setting up of Carrera Motors, a workshop that deals exclusively with Porsches.
Carrera Motors has been around since 1985, about as long as some of the cars it caters to. Azmi, 50, heads the operations while Azrai, 42, works for him, together with four other workers. It used to be located in Jalan Kuchai Lama in Kuala Lumpur but relocated to its present site four years ago.
Since its launch in 1963, the 911 Series has grown into a Porsche mainstay, outselling the rest by far.
Says Azrai: “Some 90% of the cars that come in are 911s. Most are over 10 years old and include the likes of the 3.0 SC, 3.3 Turbo, 3.2 Carrera, 993 and 964.

Azrai giving the rear-mounted engine of a customer's Carrera a once-over. The car had just spent six weeks having its engine overhauled.
“The rest are 928s or 944s.” Azrai drives a 1984 944 and adores it.
“It’s comfortable and a nice car to drive and has great handling. It’s also easy to maintain since I work on Porsches every day.”
Azmi was selling Porsches in the 1980s before he left to set up Carrera Motors. Azrai joined him shortly after and they gained the invaluable expertise of a German engineer who had vast experience working for Porsche. The mat salleh guided Azrai in the intricacies of servicing Porsches for 17 years.
Carrera Motors also make outcalls – to places like Sarawak and Brunei.
Says Azrai: “I occasionally go to Miri and Brunei when customers need me to fix their old Porsches. I lugged along my tools and spare parts and spent three to four days there each time.”
Apart from routine servicing and engine overhauls, sensors and the computer box are components in a Porsche that must be looked into as well.
“Sensors that are over 10 years old tend to go kaput, thus requiring a change. The computer box is prone to giving problems after 20 years, made worse by our hot weather,” says Azrai.
“Our prices are reasonable. We can even supply used parts sourced from Germany as there are no used Porsche part dealers in Malaysia.”
For those with a penchant to collect memorabilia, Carrera Motors also sells the usual accessories like T-shirts, key chains, belts and umbrellas from the Stuttgart company.

The "trunk" of the Carrera also gets a look from Azrai
According to Azrai, those out to get a used Porsche could opt for a 10-year-old 993 which is going for around RM250,000. “Have the car thoroughly checked by a knowledgeable mechanic to ensure it is still in good shape ... no oil leaks or busted suspension,” he advises.
There’s no doubt Porsche’s cost of ownership is high but its pedigree and sporting character continues to draw those with the means to possess it.
Fifteen years down the road, you can always count on independent garages like Carrera Motors to keep that Old Spark of yours going.
Carrera Motors is at 19, Jalan PJU 3/44, Sunway Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya. Tel:
03-7805 4911

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have a 2" meter pillar for my Wira, can anybody tell me how to take out my OEM driver side plastic pillar cover in order to install the gauge pillar?
i don want to overlap it on the OEM plastic pillar because my gauge pillar is direct fit size as the OEM one.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience