improve power of spectra...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Probably.
Hyundai Matrix and Atos owners were complaining about the same problems regarding the fuel consumption was poor too.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
1.6 liter MI-tech DOHC engine
The powerplant of the new SPECTRA is a revolutionary aluminium-alloy 1.6 liter, 16 valve MI-tech DOHC engine that boasts up an aggressive 108ps at a torque of 14.6kg. It pushes a top speed of 186km/h...easy. Outperforming most cars in its class at fuel saving consumption of 8 liters per 100km.
This newly developed aluminium -alloy powerplant is a fuel-efficient 16 valve dual overhead cam.

From Kia Motors
Fuel consumption for the Spectra is said to be RM15.36 (RM1.92 per litre) for 100km.
It's only RM0.1536 per km.
That's considered good for a 1.6l.
What FC does those Spectra owners got in ZTH?

B

badaveil

9188 said:
if not mistaken it's only 1.2 ton.....
wira is around 1.1 ton
not consider heavy but the design makes is look very heavy
mayb bcoz it's solid....not like local cars...hahaha
The KIA Spectra (See www.kia.com.my) is not 1.2ton but the kerb weight is actually 1,590kg. For comparision, the KIA Waja (see www.eon.com.my) is 1205kg. This is a difference of 385kg. Divide that by 60kg per person (average) that equals to 6.4 persons So, a Spectra with 1 driver in weight can be equal to a Waja with 6.4 person in it, driver included. So it's understandable that Spectra's FC is on the high side. Then again, generally, the heavier the car, the more comfortable the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxlee

Oct 23, 2006
my FC now highest record, RM50 for 250KM.

Spectra with driver equal to Waja with 6.4ppl???!!!!!! OMG...My 1 still have to add up those dunno how many kg of ICE...shit....i made a wrong decision in a wrong car...put in too much off ICE stuff.....

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Rm50 for 250km that means 20 sen per km.
That's not so good compare to what the manufacturer had stated.

maxlee, give me some of your ICE to lighten your car lo......hahahaha........jk...jk...

Invoke

Aug 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Daniel Lee said:
Fuel consumption for the Spectra is said to be RM15.36 (RM1.92 per litre) for 100km.
It's only RM0.1536 per km.
That's considered good for a 1.6l.
What FC does those Spectra owners got in ZTH?
rm15.36 for 100km, thats good! Mine spectra no mod, it takes me rm25 for 100km! Like shit! Like rm80 = 340 km only! Wat the F**K! If the FC cost me alot and it give me power,i dun care the high FC. Seriously, spectra suks! Any how, next year after chinese new year will change to Honda Accord 2.4, hoho.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Invoke, if rm25 for 100km only, then that's really consuming for a 1.6l car.
Expect the FC to be more if you upgrade to a 2.4l car. hehehe...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
A catalytic converter is a device used to reduce the toxicity of emissions from an internal combustion engine. First widely introduced on series-production automobiles in the US market for the 1975 model year to comply with tightening EPA regulations on auto exhaust, catalytic converters are still most commonly used in motor vehicle exhaust systems. Catalytic converters are also used on generator sets, forklifts, mining equipment, trucks, buses, trains, and other engine-equipped machines. A catalytic converter provides an environment for a chemical reaction wherein toxic combustion by products are converted to less-toxic gases. The catalytic converter was invented at Trinity College.

Invoke

Aug 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Daniel Lee said:
Invoke, if rm25 for 100km only, then that's really consuming for a 1.6l car.
Expect the FC to be more if you upgrade to a 2.4l car. hehehe...
Atleast I pay what I need. Spectra FC high but power is so underpower, 2.4 i try b4, if FC high power high is nothing for me. :X-:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
lowfan, you're welcome. :)

Invoke, if you're looking for high power cars and you don't mind bad FC, why don't you consider other cars like the Altezza, four door skyline or even lancer evo?

Invoke

Aug 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Daniel Lee said:
lowfan, you're welcome. :)

Invoke, if you're looking for high power cars and you don't mind bad FC, why don't you consider other cars like the Altezza, four door skyline or even lancer evo?
Orh, now prefer honda accord ma, actually still consider between nissan S15 and accord. Accord look more grand abit. Coz now my 2 friend also driving accord 2.4 de. If plus me hav 3 ady. Ha..ha..